Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Purity Made Simple by Philosophy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I noticed that there didn't seem to be any real reviews on this product. Many people commented on it, but not an actual review by itself. So, since I have been using it and I have the time I figured I would give it a go. Laughing I'm not the best at reviews since the baby (I don't have as much time as I'd like, but this morning is looking good. Let's see how this goes...)

For those who don't know, Purity Made Simple (PMS...bahahahaha!) is a cleanser. The line states that, "The deep-cleansing agent in this fragrance-free formula acts as a remover, cleanser, toner, and light hydrator, all in one easy step. This deep-cleaning but gentle 4-in-1 emulsion removes every trace of makeup, dirt, oil, and debris in one step. How do I use it: Apply to a dry or slightly damp face. Massage for 30 to 60 seconds. Rinse thoroughly."

I have been using PMS on and off since 2007. Now to be fair I've become a daily user since 2010 (when the baby was born).

Why did I go off the OCM wagon? Time. Once I had the baby, I didn't have the time or inclination to spend 10-15 minutes rubbing my face with oil. PMS cleansed my face gently and quickly. I added in a clarisonic mia over last summer and haven't looked back! Very Happy

Ok, I really enjoy PMS (this is cracking me up....sorry). It is a light beige cream that you rub on and wash off with a clarisonic or wash cloth. The nice thing is it won't ruin or mess up your clarisonic like other cleansers can. It is gentle enough for all skin types. My Grandmother (who has dry skin) used it when she visited and thought, "it was lovely". Didn't irritate her at all (she won't get it due to the price...too steep for her). My sister tried it and gave it a so-so rating, but she just turned 20 and barely knows anything. bahahaha! Just kidding! Actually, I had her try it with the Mia and her face came out a little red. I think the clarisonic exfoliated a bit too much for her. She also likes suds and PMS doesn't really sud up at first. So, for her it wasn't a stellar experience.

Uses: I have found more uses for this cleanser than I ever would have thought. I always hear little nuggets of information about how else to use philosophy products and have come up with some of my own. And it works! Cool

I use PMS on my 9 year old. I started after she had a full face painting with theater makeup. The PMS just melted it away! I was blown away at how easy it came off. We did it just like they do on QVC. I damped her face, applied the PMS, and then wrung out a wet wash cloth and wiped everything away! That easy.
I have since put some in her bathroom so she will start washing regularly. I'm hoping to get her into practice before she is a teen....so far...little headway. BUT, when she does wash her face, she likes PMS. It doesn't irritate her eyes which is her big concern.

Baby: I've used this to clean my baby. I was taking a lovely bath (which is a rare thing indeed) when my DH handed me a naked baby. (She exploded and after using wipes to clean her up...he decided she needed a bath....luckily Mommy <SIGH>) Confused I didn't have any baby items with me, but I did have PMS. So I washed the baby with it (I figured it didn't hurt my 9 yr olds eyes) and it worked beautifully. I decided to try an experiment and washed her with it for a week. I noticed that she didn't seem as dried out. (The baby has dry skin and the Doc gave us some cream to apply after baths, but I noticed that using the PMS for a week her skin seemed better). Less dry (she gets dry patches). I forgot to put the cream on a couple times. I don't know if it was the PMS or just that the weather is getting warmer, but the PMS didn't hurt her at all. It is a great all around baby wash! I use it whenever I bath her in my bathroom now, instead of hauling baby products from the girls bathroom.

Hair: I've used it to wash my hair before shampooing to remove build up of products. It works soooo well. I even tried it this weekend as just a shampoo. I did not use conditioner like I normally do. My hair feels amazingly soft. To be fair, I just tried this alone for the first time this weekend. I figured that the baby's hair looked so good I should try my own. I have to say I'm pretty amazed and struck by why I didn't try this before. DOH!

I heard on QVC that she uses it on her underarms to help remove build up. So I've tried it too. You know what I found? It works great as a shaving cream too. I've been using it on my legs as well. Feels really nice and I don't have the dried legs I used to have. Well, I used to shave with oil, but it always left my shower kind of greasy. This doesn't and I don't think I'll be going back as long as I have this on auto delivery! Laughing

Ok price. It is pretty high for a cleanser. I have the PMS and Micro-delivery Wash on auto-delivery every four months at $89 on three easy payments. I get two 32 ounces of each, but QVC does have PMS alone for $47. Or the two I have but in the 80z bottles for $36. I also saw at Sephora a travel size of PMS for $10. I can cancel a shipment or the entire order anytime. Since the bottles are so big, I've been having fun trying to find new ways to use it. 32 ounces is alot. I've been trying to get my DH to try it, but he considers it all makeup and won't touch it. <SIGH> I've heard men like it and the packaging is rather generic looking as long as you don't read the bottle. Hehehe

Ok, time to wake up the family for work and school. Can't believe everyone slept. I even had a cup of coffee. Awesome morning!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
How does this compare to Cetaphil or Spectro Gel that also have gentle cleansers?

Are the ingredients any better.

I am supposed to get a travel size of the Purity cleanser...but won't have it for 3 mor weeks I think, it is at someone's mailbox and they need to bring it to me.
CBayne245
5% products discount

Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using PMS since January and I love it. I discovered the entire line of Philosophy and now I would never use anything else. I'm 48 and just starting to get the fine lines and this has made my skin look radiant. I also use Retin A Micro in the evening. In the morning I wash with PMS, then apply When Hope is Not Enough with the added Turbo Booster C powder. Then apply the Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I no longer break out from hormonal issues and my skin has a beautiful color to it. Highly recommend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have not used Cetaphil in many years. I don't have a bottle to compare ingredients. Sorry. I wasn't overly impressed with Cetaphil, but my mother loved it. I gave her my bottle when I lived in Arizona.

I really love pms! Here are the ingredients:

Purity Made Simple

water (aqua), sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, coconut alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, geranium maculatum oil, guaiac (guaiacum officinale) extract, cymbopogon martini oil, rosa damascena extract, amyris balsamifera bark oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, salvia officinalis (sage) oil, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, piper nigrum (pepper) seed extract, polysorbate 20, glycerin, carbomer, triethanolamine, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (ci 19140)

It's Just so gentle but such a workhorse! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
About 3 years ago, when I was experiencing the worst breakout ever, I stumbled on Purity Made Simple cleanser when I was searching through the internet for the miracle product. I found this Australian blogger on youtube who raved about PMS and how it changed her severe acne to healthy skin. Although I know I wrote that my skin was really bad, in retrospect, it was healing quite nicely when I started to use PMS.
I rushed to Sephora to purchase this cleanser, and after using it for two weeks, I noticed my skin was not improving and in fact had more clogged pores. Luckily, Sephora has an amazing return policy and was able to refund the product. After my experience with PMS, I went back to the Ozzie lady's website forum, and read that although many people had a wonderful experience with PMS, many others with acne prone skin that's due to over active sebum, had similar results as me while using the cleanser. I realized that my skin cannot tolerate any sort of oil and it just clogs up whenever it comes into contact with them.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I really wanted to like this cleanser but found it to be really irritating. Too many irritating EO's for me.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I really wanted to like this cleanser but found it to be really irritating. Too many irritating EO's for me.

I agree it has too many EO's and can be quite damaging in the long run. If you look, they even added black pepper to it, which is quite irritating on its own
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Why would any cleanser need black pepper in it? What purpose could it possible serve?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |