Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Do you have damaged hair from chemical / heat? Try my fix
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
terikboy

Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello people of EDS,

I thought I would share my method of bringing really damaged hair back to "life".

Ok, so we all know that hair is essentially dead. There is really no way to permanently repair the cortex once you've damaged it. So you'll have to work with what you got.

My story:

I have bleach blonde hair, which had been dyed from black to blonde recently. Also I have used flat irons every now and then on the lowest setting - still my hair is / was in pretty bad condition as a result.

My routine:

Weekend:

- Shampoo with any decent / normal shampoo. Get your hair really clean.

- Blowdry your hair without heat till its fairly dry but still a little damp.

- Do not brush your hair, its fragile right now.

- I apply QOD Max Keratin treatment, saturate your hair with enough of it. The keratin treatment will penetrate your hair and leave the product inside the cortex for about a week 1/2. Your hair will feel like silk again. The instructions say to use high heat and flatiron, but I skip that as the long-term damage from using high-heated flatirons isn't worth it.

- Leave overnight

Next morning:

- Mix two egg yolks, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar and a small amount of egg white.

- Use hot water in the shower to rinse off as much product as possible

- Work the egg mixture into your hair. Try to work it into your hair and scalp. Leave on for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with warm water. I find this solution gets rid of crap in my hair, while very mildly cleaning and sealing the cuticle (+ it doesn't seem to cause the hair to swell or remove too much of the keratin treatment).

- Use any shampoo with silicons. I like the regular tresume one.

- After you towel blot your hair, apply a bit or virgin coconut oil, the key here is to use a small amount. Virgin coconut oil will penetrate into your hair and help keep your keratin treatment locked in.

- Finally use a little shine serum / anti-friz spray to seal your hair.

- Coconut oil typically takes 2-4 hours to get inside hair, so I try to do this process at night and not shower in the morning.

Continue this routine daily and do a normal wash / QOD condition one day a week.

You'll have healthy looking / feeling hair again.

Like I said before, you cant truly repair hair - you can only work with what you got. Goodluck!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Interesting tips - thanks for sharing.

5% products discount

Sat May 28, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy "QOD Max Keratin treatment" from? Sally Beauty Supply??
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!

I also use an avocado mask (one avocado, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp evoo) to help repair my hair
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Would fractionated coconut oil work better?
I was told by a chemist that it was better as that kind has the wax removed from it and stays liquid at room temperature.
I used to buy that from a chemist shop...but they closed.

I like Jojoba oil in my hair usually.
I also like the Curls brand hair oil-you can buy it online or else Target should have a version of it.
it has no silicone and is all plant oils.

I bought both versions and like the target one better, the only difference from reading the labels was the Curls brand has caviar in it.
but target their oil was 4oz for $12,Curls on their site 2oz for $12.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |