Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What are your favorite facial wipes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

I was talking to a friend at work about a week or so ago about sunscreen application and she mentioned Korres pomegranate wipes. I didn't know there were just wipe-n-go wipes out there. So I went on Sephora and found them for $12. There were also the Sephora wipes at $9. This got me to thinking and I popped into Walgreen's and there were wipes ranging form $4-10.

Initially, I was going to pick up the Olay or ponds wipes at my grocery store (the ones you add water too) when she suggested the Korres ones. Now that I know there are two kinds....I wonder which is best?

What kind of wipes do you ladies fancy? The sudsing kind or the wipe-n-go kind? What are your favorite brands of each?

I plan on using them on my trip this summer for applying sunscreen (multiple times) a day. I'd like to clean my face off before reapplying my sunscreen. Who wants to put SS on a dirty, sweaty face? Ick! Note: I never liked baby wipes on my face (I did a search on here for wipes.. Cool ), but I never tried the organic baby wipes either so that might be an option. I just don't like baby oil or a slick feeling on my face. I like to just feel clean and refreshed.

So I pose the question to the EDS universe....Suds or not to suds?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I love 'simple' cleansing wipes, they are fragrance free and great for sensitive skin and eyes. Not sure if they're only available in uk though.
Most of the time I like to wash my face with a foaming cleanser but these wipes are great for convenience.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I prefer a rinse off cleanser, however if I need to freshen up during the day I really like Simple facial wipes or Johnson's Baby Wipes.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I like the target brand wipes. They are $4 for 30 wipes. I always have some on hand although I don't use them daily. They are handy to have for use right after exercise or other times my face feels dirty during the day.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I have Olay brand and I don't use it on daily basis. I have this with me when I'm away and outdoors all day. This is not a regular purchase for me throughout the year. I think I buy it once a year.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I use Johnson's baby wipes.
Bex1

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried branded and none branded wipes and found found them all the same so now I buy supermarket own product as they are far cheaper
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes: No propylene glycol or synthetic fragrance ... Uses Aloe and great for cleansing and removing makeup without putting nasties on your skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
butterfliesandflowers wrote:
I love 'simple' cleansing wipes, they are fragrance free and great for sensitive skin and eyes. Not sure if they're only available in uk though.
Most of the time I like to wash my face with a foaming cleanser but these wipes are great for convenience.

I have to say these are my favourite cleansing wipes too, I mainly use them to take off make up though, I prefer foaming clenasers too. If I run out of simple or can't remember where I left them (don't use that often) I will reach for johnsons baby wipes but I must say I don't particularly like these, they are for emergency use only, I use them mainly to clean white trainers or the rubbers on converse, they're not bad on nubuck either Idea

ETA: I've only ever used wipes that are ready to use and I think these are more convenient than ones you have to wet yourself.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Biore wipes with green tea.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can also get sunscreen wipes.
I haven't tried those yet,but they seem interesting.

I like the olay wipes you add water to- they seem to clean better.
also the olay wipes are too big, so I cut them in half to make the box last longer and to waste less too.

the other wipes I usually use fragrance free baby wipes, those are ok.

I have the body shop tea tree wipes, as expected they have a yucky smell.
and do not clean as well as I'd like.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I actually found the Walgreen own brand to be my favorite wipes. I've tried most of the drug store brands and found these stayed moist in the package longer, whereas some of the other brands I found if you didn't seal the opening well they would dry out quickly. They work quickly and easily and leave the skin moist. I tend to use them to take off my makeup but I also follow with a cleanser.
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I have to say these are my favorites cleansing wipes too, I mainly use them to take off make up though, I prefer foaming cleansers too. If I run out of simple or can't remember where I left them (don't use that often) I will reach for john sons baby wipes but I must say I don't particularly like these, they are for emergency use only, I use them mainly to clean white trainers or the rubbers on converse, they're not bad on nubuck either.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
MAC facial wipes remove make up very well. I also simply make my own with decleor toner. But the mac ones are the best, non irritating, and really clean well.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Currently using The Faceshop Herb Day Cleansing wipes. I'm usually too lazy to wash my face when I get home and will wash it only when I shower before I go to bed. Hence, the wipes are a convenient way for me to remove oil and dirt/dust from my face whilst watching tv Smile
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
If it's going to be a late night out then wipes are the most handy for me, which basically for me is the only time there used. Baby wipes are best, not only are they inexpensive but they also contain no harsh chemicals.
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
most replies say that either do not use daily or not even very often at all. Why? do you think they are bad for your skin? or would you rather use better washes on your face? I have been traveling a lot and am searching for a quick/easy/not expensive way to wash my face after a very long day of work.

before I start using wipes, I would like to make sure they will not damage my skin. I would like to use the fragrance/dye/alcohol free ones by Olay.

Thoughts? TIA!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I like the Olay dry wipes and the already moistened ones.

Tried and am using Huggies aloe baby wipes and they suck, do not get makeup off very well.
I have to use a paper towel and water to get most of my makeup off.

Also tried Balea (canadian brand) wipes- and they are not so good either.

Body shop Tea tree oil wipes are ok, but a bit too harsh for me and too much tea tree oil scent.
They do work well for cleaning.

I am waiting for a body shop sale to try their other wipes.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Shelley01, I doubt they give you the same kind of thorough cleansing as massaging something into your skin would, but they're great for removing a full face of makeup and grime in a pinch, or as a pre-cleanse so you're not "pressing"/encouraging sludge into your face.
I guess it depends how careful and particular you are about your face. If I'm too lazy at night to wash my face, a wipe is waaay better than nothing!

I make my own. I keep a small bottle of diy liquid in my bathroom and squirt some on dry cloths before use. Its just as easy, and that way I know I'm not putting unecesaary chemicals I can't identify on my face. I even throw the cloths in a mesh laundry bag and re-use!
Pretty easy to diy small quantities of wet wipes for travel if necessary, as well.
People may laugh, but I feel good about it.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Only used Olay wipes which are ok. Also want to try baby wipes as I heard they are more gentle but am not sure if they could remove much makeup.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
It's been ages since I have been active here, but I'm happy to be back! I'm hoping I can bump this old post up. Any updates on the facial wipe front? I have been terribly busy as of late and find it difficult to continue with my lengthy night regimen. For the time being, wipes are my new go to before bed so I don't pass out before washing my makeup off. Fortunately, most days I'm only removing tinted sunscreen and mascara (not the waterproof kind) and I hardly sweat. I randomly purchased derma e hydrating facial wipes, but I have nothing to compare them against. On the bright side, the pre-moistened wipes are compostable so I feel slightly less guilty for my waste.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I recently had some issues that caused my face to change from dry to combination. I have tried Burts Bees and Aveeno cleansing wipes and makeup removing wipes and neither have worked well for me. I feel oily after in my t-zone area still! What do people with combination skin use?!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |