Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
anti aging skincare help...... starting over :-(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I am trying to get myself a structured and routine skincare plan to help with the issues i have and hopefully prevent them some more. I have never been clued up on skincare and dont really have any girlie friends to speak with this as i am someone who stays very much alone. I have received help from some ladies on here in the past.
My concerns are:-
Crepy lines under the eyes...... this is quite bad
prominent frown line
Lip lines (more above my lips...i did used to smoke butmore when going through stressful times)
loss of elasticity in overall face.... have noticed drooping above my eyes for sometime and has gotten worse.

As i live alone i am not someone who can afford the top end of the mrket products but think i can work things out to afford some good products with some help in jsut hwat i should be doing. So sorry to aks the question which we are allasking in skincare but i am so desperate for some advice and i can not afford to go to a derma dr.
Many thanks

Sally xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry i should have said that maybe to start off with i should invest in the following unless anyone can advise me better:-
Good eye cream...... do i need morning and night..... to help tighten above and lower eye area and crepiness
day cream to firm and moisture and help tighten / anti age
night cream ...... as same use as daycream

If i can get a routine planned and then purchase of here if this is the best place people think i should i think i could see some results Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
hello, and welcome
I am by no means an expert and I know there are much more knowledgable people on here, but maybe I can start the ball rolling so to speak!!

Have you considered trying facial exercises first, the initial outlay would be a book or dvd, not too expensive but in the long run well worth it. This is a long term view with no real quick fixes! But I think the only way to deal with antiageing and prevention slow patient and eventually the results come.

Eva Fraser was someone (facial exercises) I started with, great in the beginning books available from amazon and dvds, then theres Flex Effect theres a website , but thats much more aggressive.Great for if you have been exercising for a bit and want to ramp it up[ a gear!

Then theres the copper peptides, and there is a huge thread on here where you can get a whole load of good info. Again the advice there is start slow as they are strong creams/serums. Hopefully I havent confused you completely! Theres is also a facial exercise thread here too really helpful, HTH
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I would start with a tube of Retin-a which can be purchased from Medsmex for $50. Copper peptide is good also, can help rebuild eye area but product must be used slowly over many months. A microfiber cloth will help brighten your skin. Eat the best diet you can afford, I like the Blood Type system. Good nutrition is anti aging.
If you have perimenopause symptoms you can get bioidentical creams, both progesterone & estrogen, at Whole Foods.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I would start with a tube of Retin-a which can be purchased from Medsmex for $50. Copper peptide is good also, can help rebuild eye area but product must be used slowly over many months. A microfiber cloth will help brighten your skin. Eat the best diet you can afford, I like the Blood Type system. Good nutrition is anti aging.
If you have perimenopause symptoms you can get bioidentical creams, both progesterone & estrogen, at Whole Foods.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi and thank you both so much for taking the time to read my query and to reply. Ive been on EDS this afternoon searching and searching but find im gettingmore and more confused by all i read. I have read that copper peptides are good and flex effect exercises. think i must be a bit dim as im still lost Sad to say the least. I have been looking at vitamin c also and Retin A. I think i read somewhere not to use the copper peps with retin a as one can cancel the other out??? i have read alot of good reviews on both. Which would be better to try first. Also if i choose one out of those two and vitamin c which i have read on here to be very good how do incorporate these into my daily skincare routine and what other creams as in eye cream (do i need day and night ones) and day and night moisturisers should i look at

Thank you once again for your help

Sally xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
sorry i have just found the information i read earlier..... it was not retin a and copper peptides together that cancel each other out but vitamin c and copper peptides that dont work together. If that is the case would i be best to try retin a and copper peps or retin a and vitamin c into my routine along with the other things (help lol)

sorry if i seem such hard work xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
No, you can just use the Vit C and Copper peptides on opposite ends of the day e.g. one in the morning, one at night.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Oasisjc for clarifying that. It really is quite confusing when you read so much and especially if your not very clued up on it too

thank you for your help xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,
I would most definitely try a retinoid in your skincare regimen as it is a "tried and true" product for anti-aging. However, it's not a quick fix; it often takes six months to a year to really see results.

Also, I've personally found it to be more preventive than reparative.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cost effective tried and true products for anti-aging and all of the problem areas you mentioned are Retin-A, Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) serum, and a strong sunblock - preferably a physical natural Zinc Oxide one.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I thought someone had their credit card info stolen on Medsmex. I need to buy some Renova and am hesitant about either buying it in India or Mexico. Canada's prices are surprisingly about the same as the US, which seems odd, since their Rx stuff is usually a third to half less.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Salster--definitely retin-a or at least an over the counter retinol product like ROC. I recommend In House Pharmacy for the retin-a if you choose to go that way. A vitamin c serum would also be good. Also, make sure to have a good sunscreen when you use retin-a and try to avoid the sun.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Good mornin Kims, lightenNlift, Skincareaddicted and Soft Skin.......... thank you all for your advice.

I think the first thing i will be getting is a Retin A cream. If i can not get a Retin A cream (as little worried on ordering with security etc) you say an over the counter one would be good too? Is the ROC one the best one to go with?

THe other thing it seems is good goingon advice here is a vitamin C. I have been reading a few threads on which one to go with and getting quite confused with just that now as in what type of vitamin c to choose. Oh and a suncream. As i need a day cream should i be getting a seperate day cream to help with firming and wrinkles etc or one that has suncream in it.... not sure if that is another daft question, sorry.

so plan is

Vitamin C - to be used in the morning (before I apply anything else) day cream/suncream and eye cream to purchase too

Retin A - to be used at night (do i need to put anything over this............... i havent got a night cream or eye cream either or which ones to get for wrinkles and firming etc)

So sorry if i keep asking questions. Imdetermined to understand and get it right (or at least something right in mylife lol) this time.

I really do appreciate everyones help and especially the time to have read my concerns and replied to me. you have all been so wonderful and kind, thank you again

Sally xx

Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I have probably tried more skin care products than most women, and that is no small claim believe me. The new anti-aging creams from La Prairie and Revive looked interesting but I really saw no difference at all in my skin quality after draining my bank account to try these creams. I talked to one of the staff dermatologist and she told me that the vast majority of the big name products are more hype than anything else. I asked her opinion of Skinlastin because it looked like it might be something special. She looked over the ingredients and gave it her blessing.

I was one of the original testers for Skinlastin, with my dermatologist's okay, and I was shocked at the difference I saw in the texture, feel, and reduction of lines after two weeks of daily use of Skinlastin. Nothing has come close to producing such a dramatic improvement. This is an amazing cream. I would compare it with dermabrasion or a chemical peel rather than with another cream. It is in an entirely different world from these other products. Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Good morning Gracy

I hope you are well. Aww thank you for your help. I will have to have alook at this one. IS this something i would use alongside vitamin C and retin a or is this to use instead of those. I havent had a look yet as wanted to say thank you to you first. I definately need help Sad

Thank you once again.... I maybe back with somequestions on this one once ive done a little read up on it and to see which products to go with

Thankyou Smile xx

Tue May 31, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hey Hi,
I also suffered from this problem,then somebody tell me there is one cream which is very effective and gives quick results, she told about Lumnaskin skin brightener cream, Then I started using this cream I found that my skin is glowing and brightening day by day. I will also suggest you to use lumnaskin skin brighteners to gain beautiful skin without any harmful effects.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Penny102. Is this also firming and for helping with wrinkles etc

Many thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Salster -
I'd check out Cellbone's website for a great Vitamin C product at good prices. Very effective.
Retinols can be found over the counter but my favorite retinol (if I may) is Green Cream which can be found on ebay. I've used both 6 and 9 - you need to work up.
I've also purchased retin a from AllDayChemist.

My personal favorite long-term antiaging product is copper peptides from Skin Biology. You can get them on EDS with your discount. The GHK products are my personal favorite at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I thought someone had their credit card info stolen on Medsmex. I need to buy some Renova and am hesitant about either buying it in India or Mexico. Canada's prices are surprisingly about the same as the US, which seems odd, since their Rx stuff is usually a third to half less.

I found that that's only true for more important and widely-used drugs.

Also, if you're hesitant about ordering from foreign sites - which I am too - you can consider ordering using a prepaid credit card.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Salster,

I have not personally used RoC, but have heard excellent things about the brand.

I would recommend straight retin-a over RoC (retinol) since retin-a absorbs better into the skin than retinol. I have used inhousepharmacy numerous times over the years with zero probs. I have read about others' issue with medsmex so I would probably stay away from that particular site.

For moisturizer and eye cream, I personally use Osea and perfectcomplexion products, which seem pricier, but really are cheaper since a little of both lines go a LONG way for me.

I hope you find what works for you, and please keep us all updated Smile

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the super long saga, but I realize more info is better when looking for advice. Like Sally I've been reading through a multitude of posts all over EDS. I'm ready to do some upgrading of my skincare routine as my current products don't seem up to the task of keeping me looking, well not exactly young – but not old. (Side note, I have never worn makeup and have no plans to start.) Just looking for really good skincare advice.

I am in my late 40s. I have extremely sensitive skin complicated by a mild rosacea. For about 20 years I was able to use Mary Kay with much success, occasionally using metrolotion when a few bumps would appear. Over the past year or two, I noticed I wasn't retaining moisture like I had in the past. Then last fall, I fell for the Murad infomercial (anyone else? I doubt it, you're all so smart). It seemed to work for about 4 weeks. My skin looked more dewy, less dried out. But then – catastrophe struck: I think the Murad, combo'd with a stressful work environment led to a major outbreak of my rosacea. That was the end of November.

I saw a PA in the dermatology dept (apparently, my skin condition was not serious enough to warrant an appt with the actual dermatologist, although that was not how I felt). She seemed on top of it and had me temporarily switch to metrogel. She also recommended CeraVe facial cleanser which I've been using ever since.

So where am I today? The outbreak is close to being cleared up (it takes forever if I get a bad one). I'm using the CeraVe cleanser, metrolotion and Mary Kay TimeWise Night Solution (am & pm). Sunscreen has been causing my breakouts to worsen.

My aging skin is starting to show its age: nasolabial lines are deepening, and my neck has striations/long lines as my skin dries out during the day and as I sleep. It looks best right when I get out of the shower. After much research on this site here is what I am considering based on my skin issues:

M2 Skin Technologies Skin Refinish 12%
Super GHK Copper Cream
Squalane Oil

Still at a loss for the best cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen since so many products cause breakouts.

Again, apologies for the novel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Weel im still trying to put together a routing. all i seem to be doing is reading posts, then finding something else and rading about that and so on and so on Sad so much to learn and so so much to take in.

I am going to order Retin A and want to order two different strenghts as the shipping is reasonable and better to order more than one tube. Would it be best to order a 0.025 and 0.1 or 0.5%.

Also do i put anything on the retin a at night?

I thought about adding a vitamin c in the day but again confused and read about stablilisng and ones that are not and CE Ferulic serum????
on top of this i am trying to find a good face cream for my issues listed at the start of this thread and for my eys. Copper peps is something else i keep reading but i just dont know where to fit all this in or if i should be using some products and not others together. I would also lyke to do a home glycolic peel but what strenght. I had one done in a salon and it was nice on my skin . I didnt get any peeling whatsoever

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
have you considered Obagi nu-derm to give your skin a fresh start

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 am      Reply with quote
LightenNlift wrote:
Cost effective tried and true products for anti-aging and all of the problem areas you mentioned are Retin-A, Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) serum, and a strong sunblock - preferably a physical natural Zinc Oxide one.

Totally agree with the above. I might add 2 things:
*Dermarolling every 3 months or so with at least a 1.5mm roller
*An LED light. (I like AALS but I'm not up on the latest and greatest?!)

PS: Personally, I would steer clear of Copper Peptides..too risky that you could get opposite results.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |