Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin whitening products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
isha

Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
hello,

Just wondering why some people specially asians want to have whiter skin? and some women in western country want to have tanned skin?

why some whitening products are concentrated on the face... how about the body skin? is there any whitening product that can whiten your body skin safely, effectively and fast?

Why skin is so important...
help! really confused... Sad Sad Confused

ISHA
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I guess we all want what we can't have! Personally I think that whitening products are dangerous and should be banned ...As they have been in europe, in fact.
If your skin is healthy, then it is beautiful! Smile

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Good skin looks shining even without any makeup. So I devote my time and money mostly to skincare.
I live in USA but originally from Asia and I think I look better when my skin is whiter.
Sun-proof is very important if you want whiter skin and even skin tone.
I seldom use whitening products but my skin is whiter than before. Recently a salesman of Clarins recommended me of pale ivory shade of foudation. I was really excited when he said that matched my skin tone perfectly!!!
Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm of Chinese descent and my skin can get very white in the winter, me no likey.. I like my skin olive-tan in color, it looks much healthier. I am so lucky that the beach is only 10 miles away from my house, I can't wait till it gets warm here again.
kei
5% products discount

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Historically in China, having dark skin was a sign that you came from a poor family (and had to farm outdoors, etc.).

Unfortunately, many families remain highly patriarchal and so the women uphold this "ideal". My family was quite traditional a few years back and even now I still linger over ads with uber-pale models.

I won't go so far as many girls I know though. They have faces 5+ tones lighter than their bodies... Confused
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
i am chinese...
i'm not so sure about the whole culture, social status thing...
but i find i look "cleaner" in the winter (when my skin is whiter)
and i look not as clean when my skin gets darker...
so i'd like to keep my skin whiter... although i hate using whitening products!

u guys got a nice sun block thats non greasy and with a thinner texture? (i haven't been using sun block... #1 reason is i hate the greasiness and the thickness of most sun blocks!)
Mert
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
People! please do understand that every person who is using lightening/whitening products is not using it to get 4 shades whiter like me. I have white skin but do to acne I have hyperpigmantation problems and I do use brightening products to get rid of my hyperpigmantation.
jd85

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I am from Asia...

My family is really brown and so I got their skin color but I wanted to get whiter just like a model, whiter equally from face, buttocks down to my feet.

Does somebody here can tell me any pills that can make this wish happen? Is it safe to use, by how many percent?

My friend told me that vitamin C that guava poses is an essential to get skin fairer, is it true?
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
The vitamin C pills will not make you whiter. The vitamin c will make your skin look brighter and more radiant - I personally love it - but don't expect to get a lot lighter from it.
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I am scared to try anything that will "make" my skin turn into something that's I wasn't born with, think Michael Jackson. I heard that there are pills that a person can take and supposedly whitens the skin. To me, that is very scary, something that powerful that can literally whitens your skin? I can just imagine what's that doing to my internal organs.
To make your skin clear and bright is one thing, but to lighten your skin color dramatically is a different story. JMHO.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
If you are talking about "clear" and "bright" in a sense that has nothing to do with oily skin then I would HIGHLY recommend the Orlane Claircilane line...I used to use this regularly (until I felt the need to incorporate ingredients into my regime that were more directly and specifically anti-aging....)....My skin was always bright and clear -- it's hard to describe - just bright and clear - like your teeth after a good polish - as though I had been living on a diet full of nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables - do you know what I mean?! I still use the Claircilaine toner - it's the only toner I use - I'll probably never completely let go of that line! If you are looking for something to brighten your skin without any sort of harsh side-effects, Claircilaine is a Beautie!
Pudoodles Smile
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles - Thanks for the recommendation!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/orlane-clairciline-hydro-p_1030.htm

I was checking the ingredients and it has arbutin in it. Arbutin, although a hydroquinone derivative, is in it's natural form isolated from a bearberry shrub. That is what was making your skin bright! I didn't see the toner??? I'm currently using DDF brightening cleanser with glycolic and it's good too, but always in a quest for something better. So when this runs out, I'm going to give it a try!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlyfair Very Happy - the toner is in the "cleansers and toners" section of the Orlane section - I tried to copy the link but it didn't work Sad I just loved the results I got with this line - I never forgot it - in my mind, it never faded into treatment oblivion,if you know what I mean! (obviously cuz i'm still using the toner)-- and it is SO GENTLE!
Good Luck!
Pudoodles Very Happy
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm one of those Asians (Japanese) that is also into lighter skin. It isn't so much that I want to be white, I just want even skin. The whole, royalty doesn't have to work outside and dark skin denotes field workers thing was instilled in me by my grandmother. But I have olive skin that is prone to freckles and hyperpigmentation from melasma. So I am very much into sunblock and whitening products. I'm allergic to hydroquinone and had tried another product with arbutin in it that just made the area darker! I also wear sunblock on my neck and chest so I'm pretty consistently pale (when my niece and nephew were born they both came out darker than I was!).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Skin adict, you could try a C serum to help even out skin tone. It won't 'bleach' the skin, but it will even the tone of it Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl,
I actually use a vitamin C powder-to-cream product from Cell-rx that I like. I've tried Cellex C (no results) and Skinceuticals (results at first, then plateau that never ended).

One thing I've found is that cutting back on refined sugar has really helped the pigmentation problem. I've been re-vamping my eating habits after getting really sick last month and wanting to get all the medications out of my system. The great thing is my skin clarity has improved dramatically.

Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |