Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Emergency: Help pick skin care device for weak muscles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tamakilova

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I may suffer from some sort of nerve damage to the facial muscles or immune problem, since i have abnormaly weak muscles, it may be mild horners syndrome not sure. The point is, because of these weak muscles or nerve damage i have droopy brows/eyelids ever since i could remember, and i have very weak sagging cheeks, which may be the reason for the pain i suffer at the sides of my mouth daily. Is sagging so much that when i tilt my face to the side my motuh droops to that side too. When i bend head down it almost hangs of my jaw.. and in addition to a slightly extended and protruding jaw and general ageing factors such as nasolobial folds forming its giving me a monkey face or a snout, space between my nose is pushed out due to sagging cheeks and width is reduced. Which product i.e slendertone face, facemaster, cleo (I,II,Q) safetox, tua viso/trend? I know the slendertone face works through the nerves, that may work wonders since i have no action from there or not at all since the pathway is damaged. Help please! I dont have wrinkles, this isnt a aging crisis its a muscle fatigue crisis! Areas of concern are doopy lids and extreme sagging cheeks.. Please help girls as my newley developing face is really hard to cope with as ive noticed people shy away from me, thats how bad it is! Someone even called me a monkey on the street.

What i want to achieve is to push the cheeks muscles back up again to decrease the nasolobial forlds (snout) and plump it and firm it into place which lasts for a long time adding width to my face and for my eyelids, lift and firm/tone. I just want to have skin thats my age again, although my eyelids have always been droopy.

thankx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Tamakilova,

I suggest seeking out a physical therapist who works with patients that have Bells Palsy (also a nerve damage problem, I believe). I think your situation with the nerve damage is beyond what most of us would be able to give good advice for. For example, there many be special considerations related to nerve damage that would mean that you should not use an electric muscle simulation device like Slendertone and hence should do exercises without such devices. I think the FlexEffect lists just such a physical therapist (see Anne Ingard, P.T, Ingard Physical Therapy, Natick, MA). She might be able to refer to you to some in your area.

However, if you didn't have a special situation with nerve damage, I'd recommend checking out many of the facial exercise programs out there (e.g., FlexEffect, Facercise, Ageless if You Dare, Happy Face Yoga, Carolyn's Facial Fitness). My favorite is FlexEffect, but others prefer other programs.

HTH Smile

I wish you the best of luck in getting this sorted out! Hang in there Smile

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I live in the uk and im thinking the flexeffect team are in the usa, i wonder if they have some of the staff over here too. I am going to see the doctor soon when i get time to tell him about this pain ive been getting. I think ive made the problem seem quiet medical, i mean ive only just mentioned the nerve because of the pain, but it could be jaw pain or something minor, not sure. Ive been on the flexeffect website and seems bit confsusing, ive tried doing faical exercises but this pain gets worse Sad ...however i will still ask the woman you mentioned and get some advice from the team and see what they say.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey tamakilova,

You might also want to contact Sean, the FlexEffect Trainer. He lives in London, and he might also have some physical therapy or other helpful contacts, as well as advice. Loulou of Ageless If We Dare also lives in the UK (Oxford), but is less reliable by email, according to reports.

HTH Smile

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your advice cm5597, im going to try and conatct him and see what he says! Londons not that far from me..just incase i have to go there Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I have also read that the Tua Viso has helped with that condition.
tamakilova

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Jaclynaz! I was going to buy the latest version of that product 'tua trend'. Do you know which is better suited for myself? Or from what others have said? Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Just my personal experience but I have had my Tua Viso for three years now and it does work if you use it consistantly. When the Tua Trend came out I decided to upgrade. I did not like the Tua Trend at all. I found it ackward to hold on to and the instructions were hard to understand. I sold it a month later and went back to my Tua Viso which I love. I did some research on the Tua Viso before purchasing it and it has been used on Bells Palsy patients with success. I tried manual facial exercises, Flex Effect, Loulou etc. They are not for me. I found myself dreading doing them and did not keep them up. Find something you like doing that way you will keep it up because consistancey is the key with any of these gadgets and manual facil exercise.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |