Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Non cosmetic treatments for skin rejuvenation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tamakilova

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any non invasive treatments to get:

> softer/hydrated
> plumper
> bouncy yet firm
> clear
> bright and glowing skin
> less lined
> more youthful skin?...

If so what treatment did you have, and how did it go? Any bad points or tips?

Cause ive read about various treatments at various clinic sites yet they all claim do achieve similar results, and well id rather get real results from people who have undergone treatments to tell me and others the pros and cons and effectivness of it!

thanks! Smile

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolaty skin care
A calorie free way of nourishing your skin
I can't resist sharing a few skin care recipes based on cocoa or chocolate.
Chocolate is filled with tryptophan, a precursor of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates the mood. No wonder we like it so much Smile

When it comes to skin, chocolate offers tons of antioxidants and fats that leave the skin soft and nourished.

The most popular recipe is Chocolate face mask recipe. I have seen many variations of it, but this one, is by far, the best one out there.

Chocolate face mask recipe

Ingredients

* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 1/4 cup of honey
* 2 tablespoons of heavy cream (sour cream will work as well)
* 3 teaspoons of oatmeal powder

Preparation

Mix all the ingredient until the mass in consistent. Apply on the face, gently massaging it so that oatmeal can start exfoliating the dead skin cell layer. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water.

In case you are wondering, there is a reason oatmeal and honey are added to this mix. Similar to its use in body scrub recipes, oatmeal it is recommended for sensitive skin, but can be used in preparation of facial masks for any skin type, as well as for preparation of facial exfoliants as it is gentle on the skin, yet highly powerful.

Honey on the other hand, is a great anti-bacterial agent, deeply cleanses your skin, and opens up clogged pores.

Now that you know all these benefits of chocolate, not only can you be guilt free while eating it, you can prepare an excellent chocolate face mask recipe and aid to your skins youthful look and nourishment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I get microdermabrasion done for an extra boost and it improves your skin tone, softer skin & smooth, and it helped with very fine lines.
rain
5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I found all those things improved when I started using Cactus seed oil. This is very expensive, which is why I buy Arcs oil and this works just as well. I also use a slice of lemon, which really improves my skin. In combination they are really good.Exfoliation is also very good for your skin. Raw papaya will get rid of dead skin.Using a small soft brush in circular motions will improve circulation.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Skincare. Microderms! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
rain wrote:
Hi,

I found all those things improved when I started using Cactus seed oil. This is very expensive, which is why I buy Arcs oil and this works just as well. I also use a slice of lemon, which really improves my skin. In combination they are really good.Exfoliation is also very good for your skin. Raw papaya will get rid of dead skin.Using a small soft brush in circular motions will improve circulation.

Hi Rain Smile

Where do you get cactus seed oil? And what is Arcs oil? Thanks so much!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was first given it as a nearly 40 present by friends who also use it. It seems to be THE gift for the 40year olds.
It is called arcs oil by most people. It contains argan and cactus seed oils. It is great for reducing pigmentation on asian skin, which is why it is popular with older women.
I have sent you a pm, but if you google arcs oil argan and cactus seed oil, you will find it. Hope this helps
tamakilova

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Yum Britty Rose, the chocolate mask seems really good...cant wait to try that out! I love chocolate!

I'm Asian, and someone told me that microdermabrasion isn't effective for Asian skin tone. I'm not dark at all, just a palish yellow olive, except my face is more darker due to pigmentation. So.. and i think microdermabrasion is quite superficial in that it seems to have short term effects (unless continued on regular basis) and only works on the very outside of skin and so doesn't give you plumper, hydrated and thick healthier skin. But i agree it should help with very fine wrinkles, but i have dynamic smile lines that last for a couple of hours and go once i keep my gob shut for like 2 days! Need Hydration!

Thanks Rain Ill look into arcs/cactus oil.

I have dark pigmentation smile lines, almost as if due to thinning of the area its more susceptible to sun damage. When i laugh a lot or open my mouth wide etc, i get smile lines and it darkens even more, s it not just the sun causing darkness? Anyone else have similar issues? I'm not that concerned with the actual wrinkles that form and stay for like days (if i don't manage to keep my mouth close), but the darkening just basically stands out from a mile away! but wrinkle is tiny.. Any ideas on cause, and any solutions/products would be nice! It may be dryness, or i may be lacking just ONE THING like elastic or a type of collagen or some skin building molecule so very badly... Sad

I circulate,hydrate my self internally via water, etc. I take well woman tablets i have vitamin c serum i mean i have a lot, but I'm just not targeting the issue. In-fact i may be making it worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
AHAs, BHAs, vit C serums all help to brighten the skin and prevent fine lines. You can also try copper peptides to try and plump up your skin and fade fine lines too.
tamakilova

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 am      Reply with quote
i have glycolic acid 10%, a vit c serum and also copper peptide serum! I noticed after one use of copper peptide serum my skin seemed to be glowing not sure i imagined it lol. And i cant find cactus seed oil on google shopping, arcs oil is even harder to find.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Products I love to use to keep my skin glowing is pure honey , alba papaya enzyme mask, st Ives Apricot Scrub to name a few Smile
concol

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using intensive arcs since Rain posted how good it was. Up until now I haven't found the need to post, but this oil is exceptional. My skin is visibly improved, lines, texture, hydration, spots, smaller pore size, my oily skin has gone! It is such a well kept secret.
It seems it is really popular as I tried to buy some more but it is sold out.
Thanks Rain, I owe you one.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
At the clinic: Refirme, Microdermabrasion, Photorejuvenation, LED light therapy, botox, dysport (which is the european version of botox).

All of which have had some results, although temporary. The two procedures that have stood the test of time are Botox and Refirme.

The at home devices have given me long term results. Tripollar STOP being the best.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |