Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
BEST MASCARA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
richwell24

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
can someone suggest a good mascara? im looking for one thats got volume but also adds alot of length. hope you can help!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I went on a mascara hunt last winter. I found a couple of favorites. If I am only going to use one it would be Armani Eyes To Kill Excess. My favorite routine is to use the Eyes To Kill Excess followed by Bobbi Brown's Extreme Party. The two together (in that order) works like a charm. I also like Lancome's Oscillating Primer. It makes a huge difference.

The BB Extreme Party is similar to Dior Show but no smearing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies. It goes on for me without clumping, thickens and lengthens and does not smudge for me. I buy the washable and it doesn't damage my lashes.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love all the Dior mascara especially the Dior show. They really pump up my lashes, never smear or smudge. Great for volume. I've just brought the smashbox new mascara so I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Dior. The brush is very similar. Quite often it's the brush shape that makes the most impact and gives u the type of coverage u want to achieve. Sephora has a good mascara guide showing you all the brands they carry and the results you can expect, from natural to lengthening to volume etc
jennylyn_parks7

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Me and my sister used the Maybeline and Avon for our Mascara. Aside with good quality, it's more cheaper rather than other brands.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes, i am using Dior show too. and sometime alternate with Loreal Voluminou mascara. Both add alot of volume and length; however the mascaras have moderate water-proof and no oil-proof; therefore if your eye has a lot of oilproduction. both of them are not too suitable for u.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I've tried tons of mascara's, high and low end. I always go back to Maybelline Full N Soft.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
A miracle, because I'm a mascara-holic - but almost 3 years running and I haven't found a mascara better for me than the orange fatty tube by Cover Girl - Lash Blast...gives me GREAT volume and length and holds a curl! The purple tube...Lash Blast Fusion - supposedly for length AND volume, did nothing for me.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Miransesse (similar to Blinc but easier on the lashes) and Tarte the Lights, Camera, Action! natural mascara.
Had gotten a small version of the Tarte and fell in love!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I've tried tons of mascara's, high and low end. I always go back to Maybelline Full N Soft.

This! I was a Diorshow fan for years but got tired of the price. I found L'Oreal Voluminous Million to be almost as good. I used to like CG Lashblast Fusion (purple tube), but I started using it again and it's not so great so far. I will go back to Maybelline FNS when I am done with my current tube of CG.

Odd thing for me is that I rarely like a mascara when I first open the tube. After about a week or so, it thickens up just a bit and that's when I really love it. So maybe the CG will work out OK for me again, since I just started the tube earlier this week.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, the Paulas Choice, either one of those two are f a b u l o us. So fluid and lush, no flaking, easy to wash off, cuz its just these tubes that coat your lashes.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
I love all the Dior mascara especially the Dior show. They really pump up my lashes, never smear or smudge. Great for volume. I've just brought the smashbox new mascara so I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Dior. The brush is very similar. Quite often it's the brush shape that makes the most impact and gives u the type of coverage u want to achieve. Sephora has a good mascara guide showing you all the brands they carry and the results you can expect, from natural to lengthening to volume etc

Have you noticed that the formulation changed? I find it to be a bit thinner then it used to be. I think the company is cheating out of the formulation to cut back on cost.
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have two favorites: Lancome's Definicils and one by Clinique that comes in a light green, metallic tube---forget the name Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Defincils is really nice but it doesn't have the volume affect.
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sparse eye lashs, so voluminizing mascaras clump up on me, and for some reason, I can't seem to manage them Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I like define a lash in the green tube by mabelline or Lancomb Definicils.
bebeklein
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Layer Lancome Definicils then Lancome Hypnose Drama
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I do have the Hypnose ( GWP). Thanks for the tip Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Maria - ditto!
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I am in love with Revlon's Grow Luscious.

I have a whole makeup kit of mascara because I've been searching for "the one". I love this one, even though it's not waterproof.

It's all I've been using for over a month now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I would say CG is pretty good and not expensive at all.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I rarely wear make-up these days but the last mascara I bought was clinique high lengths mascara, I preferred this to their lash power mascara which I felt didn't do anything for my lashes at all.

I used to like max factor lengthening mascaras but haven't used any of theirs in years so I don't know what they are like now.

I hated benefit lash get bent, I found this too clumpy, it made my lashes stick together and was extremely difficult to take off.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
bebeklein wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Layer Lancome Definicils then Lancome Hypnose Drama

Oh! How interesting! I've got to try that Very Happy
BrittyRose

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have short little lashes to the point where with out mascara you can barely see they are there. I tried falsies (does not work! just clumped up). i have tried most those that were supposed to add length and volume all i can say is no no no they do not work! Until i got a gift my pastor was Rimmel London Se(x)y Curves full volume & curve mascara. It worked wonders i have been using it ever since i love it so much! all those other ones just make girls with the beautiful long lashes look like they have the perfect eyelashes! so try Rimmel London Se(x)y Curves! Hope this helps!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |