Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
popped pimple
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
michi123

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just popped a pimple and was wondering what methods could help my skin heal faster without leaving a scab
LightenNlift
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dab some zinc oxide cream or ointment on it.

OR

Use Polysporin on it.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tea Tree oil helps me and I also second the polysporin rec (though sometimes the polysporin breaks me out)!

The big thing for me is not to pick at the scab.
michi123

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
which one would be better.. neosporin or polysporin??
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Disinfect with a antibacterial gel, then layer on aloe vera gel and BP on top
LightenNlift
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
michi123 wrote:
which one would be better.. neosporin or polysporin??

polysporin works better for me.
LightenNlift
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Im sorry and forgive me but using BP on pimples and skin makes them heal very slowly and usually leaves a mark that stays for a long period of time than it would if you used something else.
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Tea tree oil for me. And if i see a pimple starting to form (very, very rare thing for me these days) i put tea tree oil on it. Try to only put it on the pimple itself (undiluted)not the skin surrounding it, otherwise you end up with a big red spot, lol. Works though!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I use polysporin. I wouldn't use TT or any other acne treatments on broken skin.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use bacitracin...similar to neo or polysporin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
LightenNlift wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

Im sorry and forgive me but using BP on pimples and skin makes them heal very slowly and usually leaves a mark that stays for a long period of time than it would if you used something else.

Do you have a source for this? I was told by my doctor to do this because BP doesn't encourage bacterial resistance
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just learning about the benefits of Emu oil but I read that it helps heal wounds quickly. I have tried it on a couple pimples and maybe its my imaginationm, but I have not had ANY scabs and they are healed VERY quickly...within two nights which is just crazy to me. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this?

I had one big one on my forhead a few days ago and between the glycolic serum (I was able to get rid of it quickly, and it was a cystic one)in the morning and the emu at night, then the emu seemed to keep it hydrated and not dry or crusty...

I actually saw the skin pulling inward on each side of it the first morning after and by the second morning, it was barely visable...so far so good Smile
LightenNlift
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
LightenNlift wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

Do you have a source for this? I was told by my doctor to do this because BP doesn't encourage bacterial resistance

BP is an strong disinfectant, your doctor is right but the way it works is by oxygenating the skin or infected area, thereby, causing "free radicals" which damage the skin. Free radicals are considered pro-oxidant, which is the opposite of anti-oxidant treatments. Google BP and its damaging effects on skin, you will have plenty of research out there.

You can use other skin friendly disinfectants like someone mentioned Tea Tree Oil, Manuka Honey, Lemon, Regular Honey, Zinc Oxide, there are many out there that do not generate free radicals.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
LightenNlift wrote:
oasisjc wrote:
LightenNlift wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

BP is an strong disinfectant, your doctor is right but the way it works is by oxygenating the skin or infected area, thereby, causing "free radicals" which damage the skin. Free radicals are considered pro-oxidant, which is the opposite of anti-oxidant treatments. Google BP and its damaging effects on skin, you will have plenty of research out there.

You can use other skin friendly disinfectants like someone mentioned Tea Tree Oil, Manuka Honey, Lemon, Regular Honey, Zinc Oxide, there are many out there that do not generate free radicals.

Well if free radicals generated by the reactive oxygen species is what causes scarring and whatnot, then that would eliminate honey from scar healing as well since it contains hydrogen peroxide which is more volatile than BP. And Lemon is just plain irritating to put on an open wound. I guess tea tree oil would be the best option then. Never heard about zinc oxide being wound-healing though.
michi123

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm just learning about the benefits of Emu oil but I read that it helps heal wounds quickly. I have tried it on a couple pimples and maybe its my imaginationm, but I have not had ANY scabs and they are healed VERY quickly...within two nights which is just crazy to me. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this?

I had one big one on my forhead a few days ago and between the glycolic serum (I was able to get rid of it quickly, and it was a cystic one)in the morning and the emu at night, then the emu seemed to keep it hydrated and not dry or crusty..

where can I find emu oil and glycolic serum??
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 am      Reply with quote
michi123 wrote:
Quote:

I had one big one on my forhead a few days ago and between the glycolic serum (I was able to get rid of it quickly, and it was a cystic one)in the morning and the emu at night, then the emu seemed to keep it hydrated and not dry or crusty..

where can I find emu oil and glycolic serum??

Emu oil can be found on sites like Garden of Wisdom or Mountain Rose Herbs.
See this link for more suppliers:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Not sure what is meant by a glycolic serum but if you just mean an AHA product then you can try using Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I will put polysporin for few days (apply the cream twice a day, morning and night after cleansing).

Then you can apply either Vitamin C serum or squalene, on the area that would minimize any scar / pigmentation formation.
10-booboo

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I've used calamine lotion.Dip a Q-tip in lotion and dab on pimple, use at night.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |