Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cheek Plumping
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for ways to plump up my cheeks. My sense is that there aren't any topicals that'll help, but I'm open to suggestions.

Do lasers help with cheek plumping? Dermarolling?

What about the Tua Trend?

If I go the filler route, what works best? I've heard mixed reviews on Sculptra (read all those threads), but ideally I'd like something that needs injection less frequently.

I'm a facial exercise drop-out, so I'm looking for options other than that.

My desired end result is plumper cheeks that help to pull up the lower face sag.

Thanks!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't have much to say, but I noticed that EDS sell Fushion Beauty cream cheek blush. I wonder if that can help?
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know there are facial exercises on line somewhere, but I can't seem to find them. They are supposed to be very effective, too, despite the pro/con debate about exercising facial muscles.

Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
There is lot of positive feedback on Tanka Facial Massage. You can check Utube.
Gidget2

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I would look into facial exercise. I personally have been doing FlexEffect facebuilding for years - incorporated with some other moves from Facercise, Jack LaLanne, Happy Face and some I've made up Very Happy. Facial exercise is an excellent way to lift and fill out the cheeks and also, if you have any eye issues it is fab for opening up the eyes.

HTH
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget2 wrote:
I would look into facial exercise. I personally have been doing FlexEffect facebuilding for years - incorporated with some other moves from Facercise, Jack LaLanne, Happy Face and some I've made up Very Happy. Facial exercise is an excellent way to lift and fill out the cheeks and also, if you have any eye issues it is fab for opening up the eyes.

HTH

Gidget, where did you find FaceEffect> I have eye issues, and can you possibly describe the exercises you invented? I try to do that---from yoga practice, but I certainly don't want to accentuate lines, bags, etc., that are already there.Laughing TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the facial exercise suggestions - I'm really looking for something else. I've tried facial exercises - FE, Tanaka and others - for many months at a time, and it's just not for me.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Gain weight. Works for me and I don't want a full face! I need to lose five pounds so my face gets a nice sculpted look and shows off my bone structure.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
HI
sculptra worked for me, i had other fillers in my cheeks before but didnt like the effect as much, I have had 3 vials and am really happy my face never looked so good, I am 44 and feel more attractive now then when i was younger so I am over the moon. its meant to last 3 years.
Im not sure if thats the case but i was told to have a top up once a year.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 am      Reply with quote
its funny you asked this because over the last few days I have noticed my face in the morning looking plumper and the fine forehead and 11 lines looking smoother and not quite there Very Happy It does somehow slip a little over the course of a long day, but still much better than 6 months ago. Even yesturday when i was out I had 2 strangers say " I was wearing well for my age" Rolling Eyes and the other say how good my skin was looking Laughing
I think it is a combo of things and that all together over the year has worked together to make improvements. Nothing is quick here if you decide not to go the surgery/filler/botox route.
Mine has been clarsonic,FE , their massage and skin stretching,the AAlS, GHK cream,Kassy's DIY vitC serum(both the simple one and the Vit A,E and ferulic acid)and NCN green tea serum,matrixyl serum and also regular exfoliation.
A lot of stuff in the mix but I do think I am seeing improvements. My DH thinks Ive knocked about 10 yrs off my age.(he also thinks Im mad when he saw the iniatial effects of a peel I did earlier Rolling Eyes ) SOmetimes they just dont understand the lenghts we will go for beauty Bad Grin If he saw that I am considering dermarolling I think he would have me committed Exclamation Not sure if this answers your question but I think the answer is(if you decide not to go the filler route) time and a mixture of all of the above. Of course you could do both I think!! and have the best of both worlds Cool Exclamation HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi the matrylix is this the Roth serum that relaxes the face muscles similar to Botox?
One of my clients swears by this.
I do agree that it is a combination of things. I know I have cheated but I still do fe for my eyes and neck. All the things we do must be having a positive effect. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
hi Helenjean
the matrixyl serum is the one that NCN proskincare make. not sure if it is the same as the Roth one you are talking about.But I use it mixed with her green tea pre-led serum in the pm then use the AALS.

I think she suggests you use it once in the am and in the pm. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
hi Helenjean
the matrixyl serum is the one that NCN proskincare make. not sure if it is the same as the Roth one you are talking about.But I use it mixed with her green tea pre-led serum in the pm then use the AALS.

I think she suggests you use it once in the am and in the pm. HTH

thank you I will look into that Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I think restylane or some other collagen type of injectable would work very well for the cheeks. I have done it for my lips and it lasted almost one year. It was expensive though, and I think for the cheeks you might need two syringes, about 700 dollars or so.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |