Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BIO OIL for improved skin texture and scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I must admit.....I am a review junkie! Before I purchase an item, I review it over and over again to make certain it is and does what it says.....So upon my research on products to help even skin texture and minimize scarring, I came across Bio Oil and I must say that I LOVE this stuff!

I have used it approx. 2 months and can already tell a difference in the texture and small scarring. I apply it over the Karin Herzog VK2 at night, before bed. It only takes approx. 2 small drops to cover the face.

Have any of you guys tried this? What do you guys think?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Really? I've tried it for about a month and I saw no improvement whatsoever. I think it contains a lot of fillers. I now just use glycolic acid to get rid of any scars that I have, which is way more effective for me.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have noticed a great improvement on my tone.....and small scarring, specifically small ice pick scarring. I think anyone with uneven tone or scarring should definitely give it a try. It is cost effective and it works great for me. Have you thought about giving it more than a month? I think they say give it 3 months....applying twice per day.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Really? I've tried it for about a month and I saw no improvement whatsoever. I think it contains a lot of fillers. I now just use glycolic acid to get rid of any scars that I have, which is way more effective for me.

You say you ise glycolic for scars? I just ordered the KH Apricot, which contains the glycolic acid....May I ask what you use?

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use a product with Glycolic Acid in it or do you ise something like this: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=GLYCOLIC+ACID&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=303812953339324493&sa=X&ei=62D1TfmiKYW3tgfzraj4Bg&ved=0CHQQ8wIwAQ#

angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:10 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

I tried this too for about a month and gave up on it as I didn't see any improvement whatsoever and I'm not keen on using oil on my body. I was using it on both my face (acne scarring) and my body (to improve the appearance of some stretchmarks). I have a friend who uses it on her face and she swears by it! Personally, I don't think the marks on her face were that bad to begin with, having said that, there has been some improvement, I think she's been using it for about 3-4 years now.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

I tried this too for about a month and gave up on it as I didn't see any improvement whatsoever and I'm not keen on using oil on my body. I was using it on both my face (acne scarring) and my body (to improve the appearance of some stretchmarks). I have a friend who uses it on her face and she swears by it! Personally, I don't think the marks on her face were that bad to begin with, having said that, there has been some improvement, I think she's been using it for about 3-4 years now.

I haven't been using too awful long....not even 6 months and it has seemed to improve my tone and scarring.....I use it once at night over the Karin Herzog oxygen and I noticed an improvement within the first week or two.

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
You all know this is mineral oil, right? With a few additives of course!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it is one of those things that works for some and not for others......My little girl has some scarring on her legs (Plays rough outside) and I am going to try it on her legs and see how it does for her scarring....Also the texture...

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I tried this too and it didn't work but for others, it does. It's at a good price, meaning it won't break the bank like some other stuff I've tried. I've been using glycolic on the scars I got and that helps along with various other stuff. Scars are a real pain to get rid of, fix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

You say you ise glycolic for scars? I just ordered the KH Apricot, which contains the glycolic acid....May I ask what you use?

I use alpha hydrox souffle, but I'm pretty sure any glycolic product would work just fine.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

I use alpha hydrox souffle, but I'm pretty sure any glycolic product would work just fine.

I am already loving the KH Apricot....A LOT Smile I tried the Vitamin H last night, but I don't know what to think about it yet...I am going to try again tonight and see if I can tell any difference....I know most things take time, but it seems with the KH Apricot, I noticed the goodness of the product almost immediately...Which is a good thing Very Happy

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
As I spoke to JoElla earlier today, I realized I am doing the whole routine with my Bio Oil wrong....Although it seems to work the wrong way also LOL JoElla stated I should put the Bio Oil on first, then put the KH Apricot over the oil....guess I will see if this way works even better on my tone and slight scarring Smile (It did feel strange putting the oil on first, then dabbing the KH Apricot on, as it made it way slippery)

angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just found a bottle of bio oil in my stash (this is not the one I used previously), it's only got about 1/4 of the bottle left...

This thread is tempting me to give it another shot for maybe 3 months and then see if I get any results in that time, but then there's that thing at the back of my mind telling me I'll be wasting my time.

I must admit, I really want to try derma rolling and copper peptides as well, I think I may have more joy with those.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
I just found a bottle of bio oil in my stash (this is not the one I used previously), it's only got about 1/4 of the bottle left...

This thread is tempting me to give it another shot for maybe 3 months and then see if I get any results in that time, but then there's that thing at the back of my mind telling me I'll be wasting my time.

I must admit, I really want to try derma rolling and copper peptides as well, I think I may have more joy with those.

Angel, the good thing about the Bio Oil is it is a cheap product, so you will hate losing the time more (if wasted) than the money LOL

I personally had never heard of it until I started reviewing products for scars (to use in combo, with my KH 2%) & I saw some great reviews, so I called Walgreens to see if they had it in stock and went and purchased it.

I can't say how well it works alone, as I use it with the Karin Herzog Oxygen, but I can say that my skin is looking better, my tone & the scarring, both have gotten better and I do think the KH Oxygen is the biggest help, but I also think the Bio Oil is adding additional help with these issues).....I also want to add that I spoke to JoElla today and she recommended Rosehip for scarring and tone issues, so I ordered it (which is another cost friendly product @ $1Cool but I will let you guys know if the Rosehip is as good for me as the Bio Oil has been.

HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

Yuk, indeed, more harm than good maybe!
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
angelofthenorth wrote:

Angel, the good thing about the Bio Oil is it is a cheap product, so you will hate losing the time more (if wasted) than the money LOL

.....I also want to add that I spoke to JoElla today and she recommended Rosehip for scarring and tone issues, so I ordered it (which is another cost friendly product @ $1Cool but I will let you guys know if the Rosehip is as good for me as the Bio Oil has been.

That's exactly what I was afraid of, wasting time Laughing, the roship oil seems like a good alternative, especially as it would be more natural. You are the second person to say the same thing in two days and the other person was a dr from skinactives.com! Please post back/do a review on the rosehip oil.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:
angelofthenorth wrote:

.....I also want to add that I spoke to JoElla today and she recommended Rosehip for scarring and tone issues, so I ordered it (which is another cost friendly product @ $1Cool but I will let you guys know if the Rosehip is as good for me as the Bio Oil has been.

That's exactly what I was afraid of, wasting time Laughing, the roship oil seems like a good alternative, especially as it would be more natural. You are the second person to say the same thing in two days and the other person was a dr from skinactives.com! Please post back/do a review on the rosehip oil.

I definitely will review the Rosehip as soon as I use it Smile I am anxiously awaiting the arrival....Which should be early this week Smile)

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

Yuk, indeed, more harm than good maybe!

Yes, but I disagree with the more harm than good statement. I speak from personal experience and I do indeed see improvement in the scarring and tone. As stated previously, I think the KH Oxygen is the biggest help of the two...But I used the KH over a year before I added the Bio Oil, in my routine & have noticed more of an improvement. I am hoping I see just as much or more when I alternate with the Rosehip....But I shall see Smile I am just sharing that this has helped for my skin tone and small ice pick scarring, and I know there are a lot of others with this problem and I have tried so many different brands and saw minimal to no improvement, and wanted to share the products that I currently use where I am seeing a noticeable improvement. The lady at Walgreens states that they sell a ton of this specific product, so I figured after the rave reviews I have read and her statement....it must do something good!

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Angel, is it scarring that you are trying to get rid of? Is the Rosehip Oil what the Dr, that you spoke to, recommended it for?

valentine529
5% products discount

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add my two cents regarding Bio Oil. I love this product. Very Happy I used it on a daily basis during my pregnancy. I should have stretch marks when considering the massive expansion of my abdomen! Laughing

I truly believe that this product helped in the prevention of belly stretch marks from my experience. More often than not, I do not endorse any skincare products with the exception of Retin A .O5% and .1% and Hydroquinone 4%. However, my body is proof that this stuff works, it lasts a long time, and it is not expensive. I have not tried it on a scar, but I recommend it during pregnancy for the prevention of stretch marks.

-Valentine
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
Angel, is it scarring that you are trying to get rid of? Is the Rosehip Oil what the Dr, that you spoke to, recommended it for?

Hi, I'm trying to reduce the tone and appearance of strtchmarks. The Dr said that the rosehip oil would definitely help and she also said using retin a/vitamin a would help too. She also suggested trying their more callogen serum.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to reduce the tone and appearance of strtchmarks. The Dr said that the rosehip oil would definitely help and she also said using retin a/vitamin a would help too. She also suggested trying their more callogen serum.

I have not used it on stretch marks since I have no issues there, but the above post is interesting....so I would definitely give it a shot!

As far as the Rosehip oil, I have been using it for approx a week now and it seems to be okay. I know a week is not a lot of time, so I will write more in a month or so, in regards to the bio oil. I currently use it 1-2 times per day and I am also hoping it works to rid the small lines I am forming under my eyes. I will let you guys know more in a few more weeks.

oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
angelofthenorth wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

I have not used it on stretch marks since I have no issues there, but the above post is interesting....so I would definitely give it a shot!

As far as the Rosehip oil, I have been using it for approx a week now and it seems to be okay. I know a week is not a lot of time, so I will write more in a month or so, in regards to the bio oil. I currently use it 1-2 times per day and I am also hoping it works to rid the small lines I am forming under my eyes. I will let you guys know more in a few more weeks.

If you're acne prone, I wouldn't put bio oil on the face. It broke me out once
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:
angelofthenorth wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

If you're acne prone, I wouldn't put bio oil on the face. It broke me out once

Thanks oasisjc, funnily enough when I tried it the first time, I used it on my face for scars caused by acne and on my stretchmarks, I don't recall it making me breakout though despite the not so great ingredients, I stopped using it mostly from impatience and not seeing any results quick enough.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |