Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
BIO OIL for improved skin texture and scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have used for a few months twice a day over a c section scar and over stretch marks, and I did not see any improvement, although it gave me a nice oily skin to massage (and the massage does improve the appearance of a hypertrophic scar). So other than the good massage base, nothing extraordinary. Still have half of a large bottle, don't know what to do with it.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it once a day for 2 months and it made my stretch marks softer, and less noticeable.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My friend used it and claims that it has improved the stretch marks around her thighs and belly she received from her pregnancy.
I would love to try it for my acne scar, but since it's oil, I'm hesitant in using them.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
syndi222 wrote:
My friend used it and claims that it has improved the stretch marks around her thighs and belly she received from her pregnancy.
I would love to try it for my acne scar, but since it's oil, I'm hesitant in using them.

Don't put Bio Oil on your face, you will have terrible breakouts! This is what happened to me!
emilyfieldS

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
So does it work on CSection scars as well?

5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it on a white scar on my nose for a while and I haven't noticed a difference yet. Sad
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
MrOCD wrote:
I've been using it on a white scar on my nose for a while and I haven't noticed a difference yet. Sad

Give it some times! Or maybe try the Mderma scar cream? Many people claim it's realy good!
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw it in the stores last night (new product here) and first on the ingredients list was mineral oil Sad. Not that I'm against using mineral oil (I don't have problems using it) but mineral oil is cheap.

Anyway, what I learnt about treating scars is to massage the oil in, not just dab it on. You can do it for 5 minutes everyday whilst watching tv or something.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I actually agree with Paula Begoun (albeit for a change) on this product, that it's not very good. The main ingredient is mineral oil and you can find it in almost any cosmetic, if your going to pay for mineral oil make sure to get it at a good price. I have actually tried this product and repurchased it but that's only because it came in useful for chapped lips. It didn't do anything else for me.

AHA's and BHA's as well as just about any other ingredient with good research behind it like Vitamins do a much better job (think Niacinamide and retinol).

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
tokei0000
5% products discount

Wed May 09, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Bio oil is okay, nothing happen except more blackheads. It cause me to have blackheads on the chin, and they are now there to stay. It good for moiturizing, but don't expect it to be a miracle product.
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I had an accident 2 years ago which left a scar on my nose. I consulted a plastic surgeon to see what my options were. She recommended Dermatix gel, saying it was the only scar improving product that had a study associated proving its effects. I've been using it and it has helped a lot in improving the appearance of my scar (the color and shape).
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Could it be the massage action that is breaking down the scar tissue?
jangaming
5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
i did the same as you, use many times on reviews before get any products, thats why im here too haha.
im trying this on the scar of my body too. but im not using it everyday. wish i can keeping to put on it every nite.
okiedoki
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I used it on my previous pregnancy and current pregnancy. Used it pretty much throughout both pregnancies but don't find that it did much for preventing stretch marks.

Maybe I am just prone to having stretch marks? I do like how smooth and liquidy it is to apply on my belly, and seemed to be absorbed really quickly. My skin gets drier when I'm pregnant and I do think that it helped with moisturizing the skin.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Could it be the massage action that is breaking down the scar tissue?

This is exactly it. The bio oil itself is nothing worth having. Avocado oil would be more effective and also considerably more healthy.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that what really makes bio oil effective is the massage action breaking up scar tissue.
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I spent a fortune on it and it did nothing... I kept repurchasing it in hope it took a while

Id say acids are much more effective at treating the problems bio oil is used for

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I used bio oil with no results on stretchmarks. If someone knows something that works - please share. This is my second pregnancy and I still want to be able to use a pool once in a while
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bio-oil is just a beauty product and I think it is not very helpful for scars.

I am going to use silicone scar sheets for my c-sections scar.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use this on my neck and stomach because I have it and it's okay to moisturize. I use it over other products I put on. It really is just a mineral oil product with other stuff added. Smells good. My daughter had it for her pregnancy so I thought why not give it a try. I bought her tummy cream off Amazon and she stopped with the bio oil.
I couldn't put this on my face - I know it wouldn't be a good product on my type. May be for others.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:05 am      Reply with quote
so does anyone know good stretchmark cream? regiment maybe?
rachelle143

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can't see why there are so many good reviews of Bio-Oil. I did lots of researches before buying it as I have oily and acne-prone skin which can easily break out. I couldn't see any improvement on my acne scars. It even made my skin oilier as it failed to absorb completely into my skin. Luckily, it didn't break me out. I couldn't stand to use up the bottle so it ended up in the trash Sad .
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bio oil didn't work for me, but if you're one of those people that it did work for: congratulations! It's pretty darn cheap and you can use it on top of just about any other product. It seems like a pretty good deal if your skin responds positively to it.

You might want to try adding some oil soluble actives to mineral oil & DIY it, though. It would be even cheaper for the same ingredients.
Nikki2013

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I fell for the hype and purchased this, some years ago now. It did nothing at all for me then and on the face it just gave me lots of spots. It always seemed to feel greasy like it was sitting on the skin rather than being soaked up.. So I see how the massage could work in this instance as it certainly takes a lot of massaging to get rid of the greasy feel! In the end I just got sick of it looking at me everytime I opened my cupboard so I gave it my mum! She hasn't reported anything (she tells me when she will repurchase something I've given her), so I assume she is another it's done nothing for.
I'm one who also can't understand the rave reviews..but if its worked for you then great Smile
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using it right now. This is my first pregnancy. Hope it will help prevent stretch marks. I don't think it is right to but on the face tho.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |