Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I really need some input on what to get.......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

This may sound really weird but I am in great need of help. Sad

I am looking to stretch my facial skin from the ends of my mouth back towards my ears for a less puffy and more firmer appearance.
I feel my skin is a little puffy around my mouth area, especially at the ends of them and my lower cheeks.
What I want to do is contour my facial features so my face looks thinner and more angular, not so puffy and bloated.
The only way I get the look I want is if I stretch my skin back from my mouth towards my ears. When I do this, my upper lip shows better (fuller), I get higher cheek bones, and I have the sunken cheek effect, and my overall face looks more structured.

I am very skinny so I know the bloatedness around my mouth and lower cheeks is not fat. I feel maybe it's extra water or skin or something and I would really like the thinner, firmer, more contoured look to my face.

How do supermodels get such structured faces? Thay always have high cheek bones, sunken cheeks, and everything looks so perfectly firm. What do they use (besides tons of makeup and ideal lighting Wink )?

So anyway, I am sorry if this sounds really strange. Rolling Eyes

But I did hear that maybe firming masks help with this. Also facial exercises.
But are there any other products that may help?
If firming masks will, then what kind?
One other product that comes to mind is Dermalogica firming booster. Will this help also? I am currently using Epidermx, but can we use Dermalogica or firming masks along with Epidermx?

I would appreciate lots of input if you're willing. Thank you ever so much Very Happy
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ascension mask used with Epidermx makes for a wonderful tightening effect! Both are made by Epiderm & Sassyred sells them both on her sight-www.beautifulnewskin.com- I have seen a wonderful tightening in my jawline area-especially when I use it as frequently as recommended-about 3x/week.
Good luck!
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
cutevalleygirl wrote:
Hi,

This may sound really weird but I am in great need of help. Sad

I am looking to stretch my facial skin from the ends of my mouth back towards my ears for a less puffy and more firmer appearance.
I feel my skin is a little puffy around my mouth area, especially at the ends of them and my lower cheeks.
What I want to do is contour my facial features so my face looks thinner and more angular, not so puffy and bloated.
The only way I get the look I want is if I stretch my skin back from my mouth towards my ears. When I do this, my upper lip shows better (fuller), I get higher cheek bones, and I have the sunken cheek effect, and my overall face looks more structured.

I am very skinny so I know the bloatedness around my mouth and lower cheeks is not fat. I feel maybe it's extra water or skin or something and I would really like the thinner, firmer, more contoured look to my face.

How do supermodels get such structured faces? Thay always have high cheek bones, sunken cheeks, and everything looks so perfectly firm. What do they use (besides tons of makeup and ideal lighting Wink )?

So anyway, I am sorry if this sounds really strange. Rolling Eyes

But I did hear that maybe firming masks help with this. Also facial exercises.
But are there any other products that may help?
If firming masks will, then what kind?
One other product that comes to mind is Dermalogica firming booster. Will this help also? I am currently using Epidermx, but can we use Dermalogica or firming masks along with Epidermx?

I would appreciate lots of input if you're willing. Thank you ever so much Very Happy

It is not possible to change our facial structure. The best firming mask I have used is from the Body Deli "French Clay Firming Mask." A little bit goes a long way as it is very rich. Besides firming the mask is nourishing and contains awesome ingredients.It gives your face a nice lift and stays that way for several day. It is recommended to use once a week. As far as treatment on an ongoing basis AlphaDermaCE over the Mineral Prep does firm and lift the skin. My face went totally south after losing 20 lbs and it did wonders for me. The DMAE, Collagen, Elastin, Soy, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vit. C do wonders for your skin. Of course it has 10% Argireline for lines and wrinkles. It also helps with stretch marks and scares. I used this product for months before I became a sales rep. in MA for Janson-Beckett. The Prep prepares your skin so the ADCE works to its max. (cell energy).I think it is a must to use the Prep with the AlphaDerma. I have a sample of the Ascension mask but have not tried it yet. Will report back. I have so many things to try. You can read more about AlphaDerma right here on EDS as they carry the products. The Janson-Beckett website will go into a little more reading detail. If you have any questions about the product I would be happy to answer them. I have been using the line since July.

Winnie
JB
Mabsy

Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I think a lot of the celebrities use makeup in order to give appearance of higher cheek bones etc I've got one of Kevyn Aucoin's books and the difference in the before and afters is quite amazing! From what I recall the main concept is shading (using lighter and darker shades of foundation in strategic places).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
A lot of celebs have cheek implants as well Confused I think Mabsy is right about makeup being the answer though, creams will only firm up skin a bit if it's gone slack...I can't imagine ADCE or any of the other DMAE products helping if the skin is already young and firm, but I guess it's worth a try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I think a lot of the celebrities use makeup in order to give appearance of higher cheek bones etc I've got one of Kevyn Aucoin's books and the difference in the before and afters is quite amazing! From what I recall the main concept is shading (using lighter and darker shades of foundation in strategic places).
I agree! This is called "contouring" and with it you can give yourself the illusion of sharp cheekbones, camofluage a big nose, just about anything!!
kei
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Mabsy wrote:
I agree! This is called "contouring" and with it you can give yourself the illusion of sharp cheekbones, camofluage a big nose, just about anything!!

I third that. I've also seen surgeries on TLC where models get cheek implants or lipo.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
cutevalleygirl wrote:

Unfortunately, these women were either born this way or have undergone surgery. Or perhaps they are severely underweight . . .

I get a puffy face too so I know what you are dealing with. I find that certain foods -- dairy is a HUGE one for me-- exacerbate my puffiness. Perhaps you are allergic to something? I would personally try a combination of diet modifacation, firming masks, and maybe a few makeup lessons. Smile I don't like that gaunt and angled look anyway, though!!!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

I have been dying to buy one of the books, but I can't seem to ever choose one. Which do you recommend?

-Cheri
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
cutevalleygirl,

I did not realize your age when I responded to your post. I agree, that makeup application can make a big difference in contouring the face. It takes practice and patients! If your face it bloated you might be retaining fluid. Do you take any medications that may cause this to happen? Try drinking lots of water and staying away from real salty foods.

The proper skincare line will keep you face firmer. A Mask is awesome but it is only a temporary fix.

Don't forget super models have cosmetic surgery and implants at a very young.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I have been dying to buy one of the books, but I can't seem to ever choose one. Which do you recommend?

I've got "Making Faces". It's very good but if it's the contouring you're after then it's only briefly explained and illustrated. I haven't had a look at his other books though...
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,
now THIS is my schtick...I worked as a make-up artist for 20 years....cosmetic contouring is a wonderful thing -- in a photo shoot. Very minimal effects can be achieved to realistically contour the face shape for everyday life....if you are going to try to contour the face the best results are usually achieved in the eye area....also, a pretty natural effect to de-emphasize a double chin can also be achieved....but anything more dramatic will usually look - well - silly....Through the right lens and with the right lighting you can create astounding cosmetic illusions by contouring...but for everyday-walking-the-streets life -- I wouldn't count on it. To de-emphasize the area in question, avoid hairstyles that sweep away from the chin area...cuts that layer, and sweep in at the jaw line and down to your chin can work wonders....more emphasis on your eyes and eye make-up will also draw the eye away from your area of concern - and lean towards more neutral lip colour. Make-up magic is entirely different from that which we recognize in the skin care culture; -- where we "target treat" and "focus on"....In terms of make-up - the magic is not in focusing on the area of concern, rather, it is in moving away from it -- using what you have, and focusing on and enhancing the features that you like - this, to help draw the eye away Smile ..
Hope that helps!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, pudoodles, that's great advice! Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
My pleasure! Very Happy
Annie
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |