Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Kardashians Perfect Skin ??? Anyone tried this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya all....Just curious, has anyone tried this line? I know (or am assuming they are into any and everything to make money) But I have to admit, they do have beautiful skin nad was wondering about their prefect skin line!?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with this line. Is there any attachment?
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I am not familiar with this line. Is there any attachment?

I am thinking it is fairly new. It is the one by the Kardashian sisters. Here is the site: http://www.perfectskinnow.com/

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not interested in this product but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. It wouldn't surprise me if this is like those company's that send you the product and all of a sudden you receive another one and a CC charge. I would wait until you are able to find some reviews on this IMO. Didn't the "K's" have something to do with a Charge Card that had some problems?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I'm not interested in this product but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. It wouldn't surprise me if this is like those company's that send you the product and all of a sudden you receive another one and a CC charge. I would wait until you are able to find some reviews on this IMO. Didn't the "K's" have something to do with a Charge Card that had some problems?

Not certain about any cc problems, but I also wouldn't put it past that......They are marketing so much and so many items that it is difficult to know which ones are good or just "for the money-making", which I am certain most of their products do because of the kardashians....

I am only semi-interested in the product because of how great their skin is....but they are armenian.....So I think they are naturals also plus the tons of make-up....but wanted to see if anyone here had tried the product and how it was/is.

Also, you are probably correct about the auto charge on the cc....I just looked at the site again and that is what it looks like

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Why?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
the Kardashians.. market their personalities for money. I wouldn't buy anything they endorse. Didn't they endorse some diet pills before?
I find them entertaining to watch... but nothing very sincere about them. at all.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Why?

I was curious on if anyone has tried this product(s)

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
the Kardashians.. market their personalities for money. I wouldn't buy anything they endorse. Didn't they endorse some diet pills before?
I find them entertaining to watch... but nothing very sincere about them. at all.

I agree....They endorse a ton of stuff these days, but was just wondering, as you guys here seem to have lots of good knowledge on skincare.

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
They've probably licensed and repackaged Oil of Olay and put it in a different bottle so they could charge more. I wish that family would go away. Their fifteen minutes of fame is over.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
Hiya all....Just curious, has anyone tried this line? I know (or am assuming they are into any and everything to make money) But I have to admit, they do have beautiful skin nad was wondering about their prefect skin line!?

I am suspecting they have beautiful skin because of Botox??
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Can't say I follow this Kardashian thing much...
But it seems kind of bizarre that an entire family gets so much attention simply because one of them pimped herself out in a sex tape featuring water sports.

That's really really not something I want to think about when applying skincare products to my face... uggggh!!

Seriously, why would anyone buy a skincare line promoted by a woman who also sold a video of a B grade singer/rapper urinating on her? hmm
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Can't say I follow this Kardashian thing much...
But it seems kind of bizarre that an entire family gets so much attention simply because one of them pimped herself out in a sex tape featuring water sports.

That's really really not something I want to think about when applying skincare products to my face... uggggh!!

Seriously, why would anyone buy a skincare line promoted by a woman who also sold a video of a B grade singer/rapper urinating on her? hmm

Laughing I always thought Kim K. became famous through Paris Hilton....

None-the-less, to answer your question, I wasn't thinking sex tape....skincare Laughing But yes makes me a little queezy when thinking about the two together....Then again my husband says "protein" (if you get my drift) will make my skin look better Laughing anyways....now to the answer to your question....Their skin is nice looking....very smooth....almost perfect looking, so curiousity gets the best of me....I would love to know what products they used "before" they made their "line".

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
ewww....I didn't see your last sentence....I am unaware of that & I don't think I will look that up......YUCK!!!!!
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

I am suspecting they have beautiful skin because of Botox??

They seem a little young for that, but then again, it is Hollywood and the K's that I am speaking of....so I wouldn't doubt that.

What age do you guys think is the "approx." age one gets Botox? I know it varies from person to person.....But just average/approximate age?

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would never consider to try their skin care line. To me, they are not experts on skin care and I find that their "life" with their problems is not a role model for me.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I understand that, but it has nothing to do with role models, etc.....Simply the product...because of their skin.

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Middle Eastern women seem to have thicker skin and the darkness is natural protection from the sun. My friend's mother is Lebanese and nearly 80 and has practically line free skin. She puts olive oil on it as well as cooks with olive oil.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:

Seriously, why would anyone buy a skincare line promoted by a woman who also sold a video of a B grade singer/rapper urinating on her?

She was trying to potty train him.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly don't think that just because the Kardashians have good skin, that you should automatically assume their skincare products are good too. They are being paid tons of money to stand by this product, so you can't trust that their sponsorship is 100% honest. I learned that these rich folks spend a lot of money into using advanced laser treatments that give them the radiant skin that they have. They probably also have an army of estheticians at bay to keep everything in check.

I mean, Jessica Simpson endorsed ProActiv but that certainly doesn't work for everyone.

If you want to know if the products are good though, you should research the ingredients to make sure nothing is irritating for the skin.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I honestly don't think that just because the Kardashians have good skin, that you should automatically assume their skincare products are good too. They are being paid tons of money to stand by this product, so you can't trust that their sponsorship is 100% honest. I learned that these rich folks spend a lot of money into using advanced laser treatments that give them the radiant skin that they have. They probably also have an army of estheticians at bay to keep everything in check.

I mean, Jessica Simpson endorsed ProActiv but that certainly doesn't work for everyone.

If you want to know if the products are good though, you should research the ingredients to make sure nothing is irritating for the skin.

I agree and understand where you are coming from....and that is why I asked if anyone here has tried this specific product. Trying to get information! Smile

ETA - I wish I knew enough about the ingredients to research all of them....I would much rather here opinions from others, whom have used them....Isn't that one of the purposes of the forum? Honestly, not trying to sound harsh, but I wish I was a skin care junkie....I nkow how to research, but to research ingredients and to know whether or not they would be right for me....that would be never-ending unless I tried every product personally......This forum is the reason I tried the Karin Herzog line......I read great reviews and similar issues of mine,so I have tried and I am devoted to the KH Oxygen products...I will never be without the oxygen

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:54 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Yup,
that's what I thought.
all my mother's friends that are "trophy wives" or whatever you call those people (i hate that saying but can't explain her friends better at the moment).

They all spend tons of time and $$ on treatments,cosmetic doctor visits.
-even my mother's yoga teacher who visits her building to give lessons- she just had a face lift at 75 (but the skin on the lady's chest gives her away as older).

I thought the Kardashians were famous because their parents are kind of famous (father was an olympian).
also I remember reading the Kardashian sisters own a clothing store or they used to.

But I thought the sisters got famous for FK*** everything that moves in their city??

not a huge fan of them,but they make a lot of money and that is good for them.

Oh I just remembered I got the new issue of New Beauty magazine (the mag about cosmetic surgery....so interesting).

And Kim is a feature and there is a pic of her in 2006 and now and you can see all the work she has done. really interesting actually!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

I agree and understand where you are coming from....and that is why I asked if anyone here has tried this specific product. Trying to get information! Smile

ETA - I wish I knew enough about the ingredients to research all of them....I would much rather here opinions from others, whom have used them....Isn't that one of the purposes of the forum? Honestly, not trying to sound harsh, but I wish I was a skin care junkie....I nkow how to research, but to research ingredients and to know whether or not they would be right for me....that would be never-ending unless I tried every product personally......This forum is the reason I tried the Karin Herzog line......I read great reviews and similar issues of mine,so I have tried and I am devoted to the KH Oxygen products...I will never be without the oxygen

No no, I completely understand what you mean. I know I certainly want to hear other people's opinions on the products no matter how good the ingredients claim to be. But since this skincare line is pretty new, that's what you'll mostly have to rely on for now - at least for a while - until people start using this product and notice any improvements (which could take 1-2 months)
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I understand what you are saying Smile I am not going to be the one to buy and review LOL, unless I can get some positives from trustworthy people that use it....I know the K's endorse a ton of products, so I don't put much trust in this specific one....But was curious if anyone here had taken the plunge for it ;)But obviously not.....and I definitely don't trust their rave reviews on their page LOL

Thanks for your opinions though Smile

Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Their father was the guy who defended OJ Simpson... he's not an athlete or anything.

I'm personally not interested in anything they are selling, although the two sisters do have fantastic skin, except for Kim, who used to but now looks like a wax doll version of herself.

Sorry if that sounded snarky. They annoy me.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |