Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Need Rec for eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lsilva7
5% products discount

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I am 40, I use Retina .1%, SS, DIY Vit C and olive oil s facial moisturizer. I need rec for eye cream for wrinkles / antiaging
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Do you apply this solution under your eyes?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Tretinoin micro-gel M-W-F, Lac Sal on alternate days and squalane everyday. My skin has slightly improved which is fine as long as it hasn't gotten worse.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I use Tretinoin micro-gel M-W-F, Lac Sal on alternate days and squalane everyday. My skin has slightly improved which is fine as long as it hasn't gotten worse.

Is it dehydrated, I have had issues in the past with Tretinoin making my skin dehydrated?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this will work for all, but years ago, when I was 20, I learned from Eva Fraser, a face exercise guru, that Vaseline was OK to use under the eyes at bedtime and while doing under-eye exercises. Around that time, I also came across some celebrity in Essence Magazine with beautiful eyes and Vaseline was also her secret balm. I followed suit and had beautiful eyes.

Some time in my mid-twenties, a lady at a cosmetic counter in a department store talked me into getting an eye cream. I pointed out there was nothing wrong with my eyes and she called it "taking preventative measures". Her eyes weren't that great and I probably should have used my better judgment but I assumed maybe she started too late for her case to be "preventative". Within a few days of trying the creams, my eyes got puffy. I stopped using the creams and my eyes went back to normal.

I once read about how on Extreme Makeover, a doctor operating under someone's eyes had a lot of gunk came out. The doc explained it's common in people who use eye creams. That sort of explained to me the puffiness I experienced. And I did also wonder if the "secret" of eye creams isn't that they collect under the skin and puff it up so lines diminish...but can also lead to puffiness.

Now I know we use moisturizer on our skin to supplement our own body's sebum. That to me would mean, where we have most pores is where God intended us to have a lot of moisture. Since there are fewer pores around the eyes, surely that must mean something. Perhaps we err by piling on heavy creams instead of working with our bodies. Think

Anyway, it's been over 20 years now and I still use just Vaseline under my eyes, along with face exercises, and my eyes seem to be doing well. I shared this on the former Yes, They're Fake website and a few people found this worked for them too. Maybe it'll work for you too. Wink

Incidentally, Tyra Banks has also shared that she believes in using Vaseline under the eyes.

Perhaps Vaseline works by preventing moisture loss from the skin there. It is also too thick to be absorbed so no likelihood puffing up from it going under the skin. Some people do have problem with milia so maybe this could make it worse--although any product with oil can cause milia which includes eye creams. So I suppose one has to be attentive and decide for themselves whether this is a method that works for them w/o causing other problems.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |