Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin mole removed today...advice please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I had a mole removed from my neck today. I have six stitches which will be removed in a weeks time.

My question is, can I use Copper Peptides on this after I get the stitches out? I want it to heal without leaving a scar. Any other suggestions for helping it to heal well. It's on the side/front of my neck, I know it will be red at first but what is good for scar reduction.

thanks for any advice..
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have no idea if this organization is legit or not, but they list a few products that you might want to check out. It might be a good place to start anyway.

http://scar-treatments-center.org/scar-center/scartreatmentreviews.php
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
There's another product that's pretty new that you might want to consider.

Here's a link:

http://www.inviciblescars.com/

Again, I haven't used it, so I have no opinion of this product's effectiveness.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keep the whole area well protected with sunscreen after it heals and covered up until then. It will be very susceptible to sun damage and excessive melanocytes for a long while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Hi, I had a mole removed from my neck today. I have six stitches which will be removed in a weeks time.

My question is, can I use Copper Peptides on this after I get the stitches out? I want it to heal without leaving a scar. Any other suggestions for helping it to heal well. It's on the side/front of my neck, I know it will be red at first but what is good for scar reduction.

thanks for any advice..

You can use CPs, but wait until the area is not oozing any fluids (or, in your case, about a week after the stitches are out) and looks like its starting to dry up a bit. CPs will definitely help the area heal flawlessly. You'll have a little redness for a while, but that will disappate much faster w/ the CPs than if left on its own accord.

Which CPs do you have?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would first follow the doctor's advice until it heals (if you have stitches it usually mean wide area excision, ant it is usually done for a serious reason). The doc might give you some special ointment to put on it while it is healing.

Once it heals I would use Rosehip seed oil to minimize scaring.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
In addition to whatever your doctor advises, I would recommend La Roche-Posay Cicaplast. I gouged my nose pretty badly last winter, and used Cicaplast on the wound a couple times per day, so it healed with no scar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the suggestions everyone..x

foxe...I have only got Tri, which I use at the moment, I am going to get the Skin Signals Cream when its time to repurchase. Would Tri be to strong to use?

rockhugger, La Roche-Posay Cicaplast...I have never heard of that, off to google!!

thanks for the other suggestions I am off to have a look at those sites.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I would first follow the doctor's advice until it heals (if you have stitches it usually mean wide area excision, ant it is usually done for a serious reason). The doc might give you some special ointment to put on it while it is healing.

Once it heals I would use Rosehip seed oil to minimize scaring.

HTH

I would agree to follow doctor's instructions. I have and it healed beautifully!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
thanks for the suggestions everyone..x

foxe...I have only got Tri, which I use at the moment, I am going to get the Skin Signals Cream when its time to repurchase. Would Tri be to strong to use?

rockhugger, La Roche-Posay Cicaplast...I have never heard of that, off to google!!

thanks for the other suggestions I am off to have a look at those sites.

Trireduction would be just right for this - not too strong to heal scars at all. Just make sure not to start on it too soon. Give the skin time to rest after the stitches come out. Recently, I've had some burn marks(iron!#*) and another mark on my arm that I've used CPs on to help heal and they have disappeared completely!

I have another mark that is about 4 years old that did not get a chance to use CPs on when it was new and it's still here, fainter, but still here. Burn marks usually leave you w/ a white scar that has no melatonin in it. These are difficult to treat after they've healed and are best tackled w/ the CPs while they're new and fresh. (I would like to hit the old white scar w/ a roller & CPs, but it's on my neck and I don't relish the opportunity to roll there Rolling Eyes).

You will have good results using the Trired on your scar. It should help it heal smoothly and without pigmentation problems. You'll still see a line (depending on how well your dr. stitched you up), but expect to heal much faster w/ the CPs.

Best of luck to ya

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Some nice things to know about copper peptides and wound healing:

SRCPs have powerful anti-inflammatory actions. Unlike cortisone, which inhibits skin repair, copper peptides stimulate skin repair. Copper peptides also inhibit the action of interleukin-1, a hormone that increases skin damage after injury, and TGF-beta-1, a scar-forming protein. (note: these actions are part of what helps CPs heal skin really well)

Following damage, the skin healing progresses must proceed at a rapid pace to get good skin repair and avoid scars. To aid the skin renewal process, the stage of skin damage should be followed by the use of skin regeneration accelerators like SRCPs.

Something else CPs do that relates to wound healing is this:
When SRCPs are applied to the skin surface, they activate the skin's metalloproteinases3. Metalloproteinases are a family of proteins that remove damaged proteins (scar tissue) from the skin.

IMO - this all adds up to a nicely healed wound for you Bermie. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
thanks foxe, I will start as soon as its healed.

can I ask a quick question..I bought the folligen for blondes, to stop hair fall and for general hair health. I am loving it, but find it hard to apply, my hair is quite thick so I feel I am wasting it trying to get it on my scalp. any suggestions for application?

I would love to use the shampoo and conditioner but I have blonde hair and don't wont to turn up green!!

thanks again for all your advice with the CP;s!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
They have spray versions of the Folligen and the new Hair Signals - that might be easier to get under the hair. (or to apply to the eyelash line w/ an eyeliner brush!!). I'm not sure the liquids show the color of the CPs that much, though. You could ask SB about that one.

I like the Folligen for Blondes myself, though, and that's only in a cream. Do you have a comb you can use to create parts like the hairdressers do for coloring hair? Otherwise, just use the cream along the hairLINE and use the sprays on the scalp under the hair. The lotion version of Folligen is thinner than the FoB and would be easier to use, but w/ it's green color, you'd have to apply it at night so you can wash it out in the morning.

BTW - are you taking supplements of MSM and flaxseed oil? They're suppose to help w/ hair growth.

Edited to add: I just checked and see there is only one 'Folligen' and one 'Folligen Spray'. There use to be a cream, a lotion and a spray. I bought both the lotion and spray for my DH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Edited to add: I just checked and see there is only one 'Folligen' and one 'Folligen Spray'. There use to be a cream, a lotion and a spray. I bought both the lotion and spray for my DH.

Never mind Doubt They do have a lotion, cream and spray. Brick wall Needed to click a few more times to find THAT answer

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |