Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
WEN Haircare Line -- Feedback or Opinions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone here uses WEN Haircare products? I recently stopped using my Ojon hair products because they had reformulated the entire line and changed the ingredients on my most beloved products. So, I was looking at the WEN products. Anyone have any info. they want to share or experiences with WEN? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I did a search and found a Wen Review from 2007:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wen&start=0

I will check it out. If anyone has any recent feedback that would be great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
This product line looks no different to the other natural products on the market, other than clever marketing Razz try more affordable natural hair care products first.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been Conditioner Only cleansing for about 1 1/2 yrs now and LOVE it. I use suave coconut conditioner.

I tried WEN out of curiosity and hated it. I know I'm in the minority on this one. There are so many EO's in it that it stung my scalp. Even DH said the same thing (he thought it was regular conditioner). I have never had a hair product do that before and don't consider my scalp sensitive.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I have been Conditioner Only cleansing for about 1 1/2 yrs now and LOVE it. I use suave coconut conditioner.

I tried WEN out of curiosity and hated it. I know I'm in the minority on this one. There are so many EO's in it that it stung my scalp. Even DH said the same thing (he thought it was regular conditioner). I have never had a hair product do that before and don't consider my scalp sensitive.

That's terrible but it dosent really surprise me. I'm pretty sure WEN just happens to have really good marketing, good celebrity endorsements, and a very good placebo affect.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here uses WEN Haircare products? I recently stopped using my Ojon hair products because they had reformulated the entire line and changed the ingredients on my most beloved products. So, I was looking at the WEN products. Anyone have any info. they want to share or experiences with WEN? Thanks!

Yes, I have several products, and it does work, but I just had to wash my hair with a regular shampoo. My only problem with WEN is the strong fragrance and all the steps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

I thought you were supposed to use something richer/thicker for washing with cond?
Suave coconut is the one product I can not longer stand the smell.
Coconut scented anything makes me gaggg...

Suave strawberry I can like more- it is a fake candy smell!

I think the brand Curls from Target- they have a hair washing cream it the price is really good.
It smells really nice too.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I thought you were supposed to use something richer/thicker for washing with cond?
Suave coconut is the one product I can not longer stand the smell.
Coconut scented anything makes me gaggg...

No,the opposite is true, you want something very basic, free of silicone and heavy moisturizing ingredients. V05 is also popular among those who CO wash but it just didn't work for me.

Funny thing about the Suave Coconut is that I hate coconut scents too. If it was a strong scent I wouldn't be able to use it but I don't really noticed any scent from it.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I love the coconut scent...

One question really nags at me when looking into purchasing a natural hair care condition is why purchase a natural conditioner when you can instead make your own hair conditioner at home with natural ingredients that you know 100% for sure is fresh, ill work, and you know what percentages of what ingredients are inside it?

Having said that to me hair conditioner is the most important thing in a haircare routine, well that along side hair spray Laughing but conditioner is more for improving the hair. The other side is that it is definitely a much more convenient option. Smile

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
To me, it's really no different than regular co-washing, information about which you can find everywhere online - using cheaply acquired conditioners.

I did not like the whole subscription aspect of it - reeks to me.

bfg
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |