Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ok got ripped off on dead sea products. make the best of it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shaselai
5% products discount

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ok got hooked into buying some dead sea products today.... exfoliating lotions and couple of other facial peels.... the demo was very nice so i figured might as well try it. i did try to haggle quite a bit but i end up overpaying anyway... so to make the best of it are these things good even? Sad
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:
Ok got hooked into buying some dead sea products today.... exfoliating lotions and couple of other facial peels.... the demo was very nice so i figured might as well try it. i did try to haggle quite a bit but i end up overpaying anyway... so to make the best of it are these things good even? Sad

Which brands did you purchase? I have tried some dead sea products from LUSH & I really liked their dead sea scrub.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:

What makes you think you got ripped off? The price? I do think there are some very good "dead sea" products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I bought the kedem dead sea minerals stuff.The whole works, mask, serum, eye cream neck cream, body scrub and the body butter.
Although I did like them after two uses of all I became very irritated, and they stung, I was itchy and couldnt wait to wash it all off!!

Funnily enuff, I can use the body stuff with no reaction, but the face not at alll!!! Go figure

And it Was a LOT of money.
I ended up giving it all away to my friend who can wear it no bother Confused
So I have gone back to DIY vit C serum, NCN,and Skin Biology stuff.

I should never have been such a gullible fool and yes the demo was good and their sales patter is fantastic!
Hey you are not the only one, I hope you can wear the stuff, enjoy

Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
i bought two brands:
Primier exfloiating facial gel and wash - he said the exfloiating gel gets rid of the layer and the wash does it from inside up...

Obey your body:
a facial exfloiating serum that is to be used once per week and a cream used after it again once a week

he then tried to push me on this dead sea mud thing retailed at 350$ but he offer me 50 more - i ALMOST bought it till his boss actually said 80 is lowest they go so i said no. Thank god i didnt do that...

and yeah "ripped off" i meant by price.. i paid like 40% more than the amazon prices..
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes but the guy was hadsome isn't it ? lol - That is their strategy at Premier - they have israelian young guys that can sell everything Wink And I really know israelians Smile - married with one of them
shaselai
5% products discount

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
well there's this israeli guy but i am a guy so... the girl was cute though but i guess it didnt affect me at all... it was more of the demo. He kept pushing and pushing and after i said no he called me back 3 times!!! i guess if i had a smartphone i couldve checked the price on those... i really hope these things work well to help pigmentation....

also, these products dont have adverse effects with retin-a does it?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
The products are ok - not fantastic . They work pretty well so ... Smile About interaction with Retin A - .. I am not sure about it
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Rolling Eyes but the guy was hadsome isn't it ? lol - That is their strategy at Premier - they have israelian young guys that can sell everything Wink And I really know israelians Smile - married with one of them

I'm prob one of the few people who never fall for sales pitches.
For my job I actually have to go around to different stores and evaluate sales pitches.
so after doing that hundreds of times I just pretend to be interested.

the only thing someone might convince me to buy somewhere is food...like if they are selling cookies or candy...but then really depends on the price.

but I have never bought anything from a sales pitch.
I usually just ask questions to annoy the seller Wink
shaselai
5% products discount

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
talyta wrote:

I'm prob one of the few people who never fall for sales pitches.
For my job I actually have to go around to different stores and evaluate sales pitches.
so after doing that hundreds of times I just pretend to be interested.

the only thing someone might convince me to buy somewhere is food...like if they are selling cookies or candy...but then really depends on the price.

but I have never bought anything from a sales pitch.
I usually just ask questions to annoy the seller Wink

i asked him a bunch of questions like why i need to exfoliate once per week with one and exfoliate once a day with another he just said he gone through training etc. and trust him. I almost lold when he sounded like he's about to cry when he tried to sell me the dead sea mud at 80$ saying "i dont care about the money i just care about your well being"...
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Everyone makes the mistake of buying into products that wont work for them, dont be so hard on yourself. You are stick with what you know works for you, and by the sounds of it you have chosen your other products very wisely.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |