Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum--best I've ever used
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange ~~ Thanks for your response. I found an interesting site which I'll find again and post for everyone as I think you will all like it. In it Tata mentions that the repairative serum is the hallmark product in the line (not those words but you get the idea so you nailed it!)...
I'm sure using the entire line would be downright heavenly.

I'm using Potenshaa oil right now which has a yummy, healthy smell and all natural with wonderful combination of oils. I do want to try the serum very much. I think it would work very well with the Ageless products and your endorsement rings well with me. It's definitely on my mind (yikes!)

I checked out the Spirit Lounge site and you can choose 9 samples (1-2 uses each is what they say) for $25.00 which is a bit salty if but they give you a 10.00 voucher for use on your next purchase. Plus they have Tata's beauty sets with larger sample sizes.

~Sis
avalange wrote:
Hi sis!
I would say that the other products are not essential, but they are top quality and lovely to use. I am sad that I cannot afford to buy the whole line, but I have other priorities, and I use other cleansers and hydrosols, too. Tata herself believes that the products all work synergistically with one another, but I've found that the Rejuvenating Serum is a stand-alone product that is extremely effective on its own. That's why I wrote this particular review--to share this product with all of you

I'd be curious to know what you think of the product, if you still see results because you are getting somewhere with ASG.

I also think the samples from Spirit Beauty Lounge are not free. Sad to know they are so tiny!

Hope that helps!

--avalange

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.beautyiswellness.com/featured/tata-harper-shares-her-beauty-must-haves/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing that link Sister Sweets.

I forgot to say that I also bought the Tata Nutrient Complex and it is an excellent facial oil. It contains carrot oil which you don't find in many products. So if you're looking to switch up your oils it would be a good choice. I bought my products from Spirit Beauty Lounge and every time I've ordered Tata products they have sent me at least four or five samples of her other products. They are just small samples, good for maybe 2 or 3 uses but they are nice to get just the same. I have also bought samples from SBL and they are the same size samples.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
After getting burned by Ageless, I am a little hesitant about getting sucked into another scam. But the products sound intriguing and I am lemming for the $45 starter set.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
After getting burned by Ageless, I am a little hesitant about getting sucked into another scam. But the products sound intriguing and I am lemming for the $45 starter set.

Me too, but I'm not going to try this product until someone in their 60's posts a positive review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Frodo, Hermosa....

I understand! I've just passed into the group of people who become instantly skeptical of rave reviews by 20-somethings whose skin needs are.... well, they aren't really "needs!"

I think any marketing that claims to perform miracles should be regarded with suspicion. Tata's line is an effective all-natural line that is a joy to use; it's not a range of miracle products by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm 35 and don't have major issues just yet, but the RS really does a good job plumping, evening out, and illuminating my skin. I have no idea if it would be suitable for skin of every age group.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
You can also request a smaple from them directly for just 12.00 shipping. I am going to give them a try and get a sample for my SIL (same age as me) to try.
I may be a convert from my Proheal serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
$12.00 for a sample? I'd make sure they were larger than a 2 use size...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
The travel sizes are about 1/6 actual sizes, so I would hope that would be enough for 10 days - 2 weeks. Not enough for a full skin cycle but at least you'd get a sense of whether something was happening.

Sample sizes are generally ridiculous. You get two, maybe three applications out of most. Mainly, you can tell if there's a perfume or texture issue -- you can't even get a clue if it's working!
havana8

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
havana,

Can you tell us about the rebuilding moisturizer, and how it works with the serum?

I may be interested in buying one of the two moisturizers for a fall-winter cream. My skin gets dry when the humidity leaves.

Thanks!

--avalange

Hi avalange! For me, the moisturizer worked well with the serum. It's light (as in thin) but very spreadable so it goes quite far. I was surprised at how little you need plus it leaves you with a matte finish which is nice. I was also wondering if it would be a touch sticky with honey in it but I didn't find that.

I have been wondering about the irritability blend so it's great to hear that people love it and that it works. Has anyone tried the aromatic stress blend? I'd be interested to hear how they compare.

I did want to mention that if you happen to be sensitive to scent, most of the products do have an obvious (though lovely) flowery scent that does linger so you may want to try samples before springing for full sizes.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi havana,

Is the moisturizer just "nice," or did you notice any cumulative improvements or significant changes in your skin? If it's just a nice, elegant, naturally flowery moisturizer, then I might hold off. I am currently using Devita's Ultra moisturizer and it's perfect for summer. When I want that extra "pow," I dip into my pot of Osea Advanced Protection Cream. How does it compare (if you've used the Osea?)

--avalange

havana8 wrote:
avalange wrote:
havana,

Can you tell us about the rebuilding moisturizer, and how it works with the serum?

I may be interested in buying one of the two moisturizers for a fall-winter cream. My skin gets dry when the humidity leaves.

Thanks!

--avalange

Hi avalange! For me, the moisturizer worked well with the serum. It's light (as in thin) but very spreadable so it goes quite far. I was surprised at how little you need plus it leaves you with a matte finish which is nice. I was also wondering if it would be a touch sticky with honey in it but I didn't find that.

I have been wondering about the irritability blend so it's great to hear that people love it and that it works. Has anyone tried the aromatic stress blend? I'd be interested to hear how they compare.

I did want to mention that if you happen to be sensitive to scent, most of the products do have an obvious (though lovely) flowery scent that does linger so you may want to try samples before springing for full sizes.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Since I have sensitive skin but also a very sensitive nose, smells can be a complete turnoff for me as well. I am more than happy to pay 12.00 for two samples since it is not just me who is trying it out. Since this is quite a bit more expensive than some of the serums I have tried and are now under my cabinet I am not trying to add to THAT collection!! Laughing
There are a lot of serums I cannot use and the cost seems worth the risk in case I just don't like it.
I can't wait to give it a try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Since I have sensitive skin but also a very sensitive nose, smells can be a complete turnoff for me as well. I am more than happy to pay 12.00 for two samples since it is not just me who is trying it out. Since this is quite a bit more expensive than some of the serums I have tried and are now under my cabinet I am not trying to add to THAT collection!! Laughing
There are a lot of serums I cannot use and the cost seems worth the risk in case I just don't like it.
I can't wait to give it a try!

I hear you on not wanting to add to the Under cabinet Collection Laughing I finally have my stash almost exactly where I want it. I've given some (otherwise very good) products to friends and shared some with my daughter's. I'm happy to not have things taking space.

I understand what you mean about being able to tell what you need to tell with just the small sample. We'll be curious to know how it goes for you Annie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi all,

I want to give my highest marks to a product I've been using since last Fall, Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum.

I'm now on my second bottle, which I bought at the pricey price of $150, but one can use it sparingly every day and it will last 7-9 months.

Ingredients:
Quote:
Water (Aqua), Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Mangifera indica (Mango) butter, Rosa damascena flower water*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (derived from coconut), Olea europea (Olive) oil*, Galactoarabinan (gum derived from Larch tree), Cetearyl alcohol (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Glycerin (from vegetable origin), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate*, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes, Oryza sativa (Rice) extract*, Cetearyl olivate (derived from olives), Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) extract*, Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Borago officinalis (Borage) flower*, Arnica montana (Arnica) flower*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) flower*, Filipendula ulnaria (Meadowsweet) leaf & flower*, Tilia europaea (Linden) leaf & flower oil*, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) flower*, Lavandula stoechas (Spanish Lavender) extract, Narcissus tazetta (Daffodil) bulb extract*, Pheonix dactylifera (Date) seed extract, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract*, Menyanthes trifoliata (Buckbean) Flower Extract, Rosehip Mosquetta Oil*, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder*, Sodium hyaluronate (naturally produced fermentation), Sclerotium gum (derived from root vegetables & corn), Cetearyl glucoside (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Sorbitan olivate (wax derived from olives), Soybean peroxidase, Superoxide dismutase (derived from horseradish root), Ethyl alcohol (from corn origin), Natural essential oil blend**
*Organic ingredients
**Fragrances from 100% all-natural clinical grade essential oils

100% of the Ingredients are 100% All-Natural

74.82% of the Ingredients are Certified Organic

29 Active Ingredients

Let me know what you think, anyone else who happens to use this (little known but really amazing!) line!

--avalange

What a lovely list of ingredients this serum has. I agree it's a bit high priced at $150., but when you consider it's 1.7 oz, it doesn't sound so bad.

Someone asked about a DIY version, but to me it would be a better idea to just increase the 'volume' (with the addition of more of a few key ingredients), which would make that $150. purchase go quite a bit further.

Are you able to pin down which of the essential oils have been used to scent the product?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
kassy a
What kind of ingredients would you suggest adding to this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I do not for a minute doubt kassy's DIY skills but here are my thoughts.

This product was put together by someone who seriously thought things out - not a company, no board of directors, she doesn't answer to people to cheapen or decrease active ingredients. Her pride is that it is so chock full and made in a way that she knows what she wanted the end result to be.

I'm thinking Tata put this together: to be the be all end all in exactly the way she intended.

So - sure you can add to it but I have to wonder if the change you get would be worth messing with a $150.00 high-quality product.

Just my thoughts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:54 am      Reply with quote
You may well have a point Sister Sweets.
My serum arrived yesturday, I had some friends over so of course I brought it out, unfortunately I had left the price tag on it Embarassed the outcry over the price was such that I was a complete coward and pretended I hadnt paid the full price Embarassed What a wuss Exclamation

Having said that it is lovely. sinks into your skin ,and really you only need a very small amount to cover your face and neck.

I think time will tell to see what else it does,
Oh the smell is really strong and is like perfume,I love strong scents so it suits me beautifully.

Apart from not having the oomph to stand up and say "yes I did pay it" I love it
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia,

Just wanted to add my moral support... Re: prices, friends... I've done that before! I've also done it with clothes... We all have a fear of regret with these purchases, so whatever it takes to get us to substantiate them in our minds, right?

Let us know what you think!

--avalange

10Sylvia5 wrote:
My serum arrived yesturday, I had some friends over so of course I brought it out, unfortunately I had left the price tag on it Embarassed the outcry over the price was such that I was a complete coward and pretended I hadnt paid the full price Embarassed What a wuss Exclamation

Having said that it is lovely. sinks into your skin ,and really you only need a very small amount to cover your face and neck.

Oh the smell is really strong and is like perfume,I love strong scents so it suits me beautifully.

Apart from not having the oomph to stand up and say "yes I did pay it" I love it
Laughing

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I always try to think about DIY whenever I buy a product, but there is something regarding this formulation that is very different from other "natural/organic" formulations. I always look at ingredients lists at Whole Foods and other stores that sell the usual products, and honestly, the basic formulations are pretty much the same--safflower and/or peanut oil base, with a lot of gorgeous EOs, plant extracts, and BOs.
Somehow, TH's products don't strike me as good "bases"; they are already chock full of great ingredients and specifically formulated. That said, I wouldn't hesitate experimenting with incorporating some of the lesser-used extracts she uses into another, cheaper formulation, to see if you can obtain similar results.

--avalange

Kassy_A wrote:
avalange wrote:
Hi all,

I want to give my highest marks to a product I've been using since last Fall, Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum.

I'm now on my second bottle, which I bought at the pricey price of $150, but one can use it sparingly every day and it will last 7-9 months.

Ingredients:
Quote:
Water (Aqua), Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Mangifera indica (Mango) butter, Rosa damascena flower water*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (derived from coconut), Olea europea (Olive) oil*, Galactoarabinan (gum derived from Larch tree), Cetearyl alcohol (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Glycerin (from vegetable origin), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate*, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes, Oryza sativa (Rice) extract*, Cetearyl olivate (derived from olives), Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) extract*, Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Borago officinalis (Borage) flower*, Arnica montana (Arnica) flower*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) flower*, Filipendula ulnaria (Meadowsweet) leaf & flower*, Tilia europaea (Linden) leaf & flower oil*, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) flower*, Lavandula stoechas (Spanish Lavender) extract, Narcissus tazetta (Daffodil) bulb extract*, Pheonix dactylifera (Date) seed extract, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract*, Menyanthes trifoliata (Buckbean) Flower Extract, Rosehip Mosquetta Oil*, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder*, Sodium hyaluronate (naturally produced fermentation), Sclerotium gum (derived from root vegetables & corn), Cetearyl glucoside (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Sorbitan olivate (wax derived from olives), Soybean peroxidase, Superoxide dismutase (derived from horseradish root), Ethyl alcohol (from corn origin), Natural essential oil blend**
*Organic ingredients
**Fragrances from 100% all-natural clinical grade essential oils

100% of the Ingredients are 100% All-Natural

74.82% of the Ingredients are Certified Organic

29 Active Ingredients

Let me know what you think, anyone else who happens to use this (little known but really amazing!) line!

--avalange

What a lovely list of ingredients this serum has. I agree it's a bit high priced at $150., but when you consider it's 1.7 oz, it doesn't sound so bad.

Someone asked about a DIY version, but to me it would be a better idea to just increase the 'volume' (with the addition of more of a few key ingredients), which would make that $150. purchase go quite a bit further.

Are you able to pin down which of the essential oils have been used to scent the product?

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Laughing

It sounds wonderful. Enjoy it. It is your money sweetie! Someone else may spend on something that seems totally crazy to you but that's their choice too. You dont' have to justify anything.... (listen to me with two lightstims and a few other LED's - my friends would consider me ready to be committed!) And you don't owe it to anyone to tell them what you spent. The only one that is important to is you (and maybe the SO if you have one close Very Happy )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

This product was put together by someone who seriously thought things out - not a company, no board of directors, she doesn't answer to people to cheapen or decrease active ingredients. Her pride is that it is so chock full and made in a way that she knows what she wanted the end result to be.

I'm thinking Tata put this together: to be the be all end all in exactly the way she intended.

So - sure you can add to it but I have to wonder if the change you get would be worth messing with a $150.00 high-quality product.

Just my thoughts.

You are a merchandisers dream customer my dear... Wink

You do realize that a bottle of every single ingredient in this product can be had for less than $100. dontcha? (And yes, organic too!)

Sheeesh, it's hardly rocket science to throw some lovely oils and a few extracts together... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I know that for me it is worthwhile to buy ready made as I don't have the knowledge to put together my own and I don't have the time, interest or energy to study about it. I also don't want to have to buy a variety of ingredients to use and then store them....and so on. so for someone like me it makes more sense to work at my job and then pay someone else to make the products.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I feel like there wasn't that much effort into getting the proportions in this product. Just seems like she put every wonderful oil into this and mixed it together, so I wouldn't feel like it'd be worth it. But that's just my opinion! Hopefully you ladies get your money's worth
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Now that I have read the ingredient list, I must say, I am surprised at how high up the witch hazel extract is... I seem to remember that witch hazel is both drying and irritating on the skin.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Just my thoughts.

You are a merchandisers dream customer my dear... Wink

Very Happy

I don't think so my dear. I just don't have the hubris you do. I was giving my thoughts with regards to changing a product someone spends $150.00 on, purchased from a person who, in my opinion is out to design the best product they know how.. It was not my intention to strike a nerve.

Case in point...If you were to give something your best in terms of actives, products derived from around the world - culled with everything you have...You are saying we could all easily improve it by adding a few of our own this or that...... Maybe yes, but probably no...
and maybe we would screw up what was the best thing in the $150 product because we thought we knew better.

I'm sure you realize this is not your typical XYZ off the shelf.
In one post you actually say the price is fine in terms of what's in it and then you just more or less changed your mind.

I would not add anything to this bottle. Make something else and put it on separately or as you've basically just said just make your own and forget buying it... That's all I'm saying.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |