Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Arbonne skincare is it any good? friend is trying to sell it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone here use Arbonne products for skin or body?

one of my friends who works at a salon just called me today inviting me to a "spa party" or demo or whatever.
But to me the line seems really expensive.

All I know of it is that it is a MLM or commision sold brand.
My mother actually bought a body lotion last year and gave it to me.
The product is ok, too scented I find.
It is from the Seasource Detox Spa line.
(bottle is on my desk).

I went to check the price of the lotion and $50?? that is really a lot.

Does anyone here have any experience with Arbonne products?
I'm curious to know.
I doubt I will go to the spa party demo/whatever....

I really don't want to buy any more skin or body products and already have quite a few brands I like.

(like the organic Deep Steep body lotions..all natural and usually under $10).
Anyways, I think I've spent too much lately to even want to buy any cosmetic item (sorry EDS:(
between paying for dance classes (just spent almost $400..oops (lots of classes),dentist and trying to paint my house...leaves no more money.

Just curious of Arbonne products and if anyone here uses them.
Thanks!

doubt I will be going to the demo...have a dance class or two that night!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I bought some of the Arbonne products from a friend. I was very unhappy with everything. The foundation felt and looked like glue. The lip products were gross and gloppy. The eye stuff burned and seemed very low quality. Just nasty stuff.

I hate when my friends get into selling stuff like this--Arbonne, MaryKay, Avon, etc. I always feel obligated to buy, and then I never end up liking any of it and I resent my friends. I know it's really my own fault and that I should just say no. Hopefully I've learned my lesson and helped you learn from my mistakes...

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

one of my friends who works at a salon just called me today inviting me to a "spa party" or demo or whatever.

(bottle is on my desk).

I'm curious to know.

I really don't want to buy any more skin or body products and already have quite a few brands I like.

Anyways, I think I've spent too much lately to even want to buy any cosmetic item (sorry EDS:(
between paying for dance classes (just spent almost $400..oops (lots of classes),dentist and trying to paint my house...leaves no more money.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I liked from that line is the primer which left my face feeling and looking pretty smooth. The application is very smooth too. The oil absorbing properties weren't that superior though
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I bought some of the Arbonne products from a friend. I was very unhappy with everything. The foundation felt and looked like glue. The lip products were gross and gloppy. The eye stuff burned and seemed very low quality. Just nasty stuff.

I hate when my friends get into selling stuff like this--Arbonne, MaryKay, Avon, etc. I always feel obligated to buy, and then I never end up liking any of it and I resent my friends. I know it's really my own fault and that I should just say no. Hopefully I've learned my lesson and helped you learn from my mistakes...

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

(bottle is on my desk).

I'm curious to know.

Thanks!

I actually used to like some of the Avon items though.
I remember liking an eye gel- a pretty plain one though and the nail polishes and they had 1 line of lip gloss that was nice a few years ago.
Just kind of "forgot" about Avon as I moved and never got catalogs.
(hate the Mark line though).

But back to Arbonne.
I also kind of don't buy that they claim to be all natural and when I remember checking their site you can't find the ingredients for anything??
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey there, I'll address this from the point of view that I've used some Arbonne, (signed up to sell it, but don't, because I like ONE product), and as a person degreed in business and finance... Ready???? Here we go...

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I used the enzyme cream from the RE9. I liked it's texture and the little sting it gives ('cause I'm often one of those that likes to FEEL things working...LOL), I liked most of the ingredients... I HATED the price, so I signed up when you didn't have to keep a monthly volume of sales to stay qualified (which you do now, and that's not in line with what I do) & I don't do partys. I think my discount is 35% ish... I can't even remember. I also like their fizzy tabs. I don't use as recommend. 1 tab in a cup of water. I use 1/2 a tab in a HUGE amt. of water. Makes me drink water... I've tried lots of the other stuff... kind of fell into the take it or leave it category. There are so many other cosmetics out there. I like to play. I feel their supplements are too expensive, and they aren't one of a kind...So, I can drive to pharmica, and get high quality stuff for mucho cheaper...Now, if they had something one of a kind. That would be WAYYYYYY different!

But to me the line seems really expensive. You shouldn't be made to feel obligated to buy. OR throw a party of your own. You will get to play with lots of the product. Which I think is a nice option when testing brands... You'll know if you like the textures and such before you swipe that credit card. The products are spendy!

All I know of it is that it is a MLM or commision sold brand. This is where I'm gonna go biz. on you. There is absolutely NO PRODUCT in the retail world that isn't "commission" sold. This web sight for example. They buy everything wholesale, then they bump up the price to make a living. You're basically at an online party right now. Just lots more choices! LOL! My only point... a very valid choice of operations. Or trust me, Harvard biz school wouldn't teach about it, and how good it is. The salon owner for example... How much do we think hair dye really is? It's skill you're paying for... and really $200 for highlights in an hour? that are gonna grow out?
(bottle is on my desk).

I'm curious to know.

(like the organic Deep Steep body lotions..all natural and usually under $10). I'm a big believer in buying what you like... ONLY! Not to support a biz. And could you provide a link for this lotion? Thanks.

Thanks!

doubt I will be going to the demo...have a dance class or two that night! And now I'm jealous!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote

But back to Arbonne.
I also kind of don't buy that they claim to be all natural and when I remember checking their site you can't find the ingredients for anything??[/quote]

You can get the ingredients from the Arbonne Rep. I don't know why they don't list them for the whole population... You have to be able to log on as a rep... weird... I know...

I think a person could debate "natural". They do have a policy with regard to their ingredients. Has to do with how people reacte to them... I'd have to dig that out... it's online somewhere..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

But back to Arbonne.
I also kind of don't buy that they claim to be all natural and when I remember checking their site you can't find the ingredients for anything??

You can get the ingredients from the Arbonne Rep. I don't know why they don't list them for the whole population... You have to be able to log on as a rep... weird... I know...

I think a person could debate "natural". They do have a policy with regard to their ingredients. Has to do with how people reacte to them... I'd have to dig that out... it's online somewhere..[/quote]

Thanks for the more balanced info!
I did read a bit about Arbonne earlier today.
apparently they were under bankruptcy protection and are also owned by the same company who now makes Nature's Gate products!

*I also know I don't have to buy anything.
one reason why I won't be going, the other is I hate anything spa,facials ect,
I like doing my own nails,masks-just my preference (do like going for hair apts and massages at a registered place...that's it).

*Also I do realize that almost everything in the world is commission based- and have worked in sales a lot before.

**Along with the fact that the products are "spendy" and that I actually like my body lotion in honeydew mint scent that is not as strong smelling as the Arbonne one.
I have a Arbonne body lotion by my door/desk and it has taken me over 1 year to use half, while my other less scented brands I use 3x more.

The vitamin tabs sound interesting and kind of remind me of Rexodon? or those tabs you can get at the drugstore in Canada- they are fizzy too and have different vitamins.
I remember trying those years ago-but for flavoring my water I really like True orange,lime or lemon powders-they are crystalized fruit and have a lot of vitamin C!
I also like mint drops for my water and like the brand Antesite-it is hard to find and you can prob find it online though.

Thanks for the info!

missed the part about you wanting the link...to Arbonne or the other lotion?

Arbonne:
https://www.arbonne.ca/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=7322&menuId=222&withLinks=1

Deep Steep lotion:

http://skinbotanica.com/Deep-Steep-Body-Lotion-Honeydew-Spearmint.html

-scent on that one wears out fast...but I actually like that about it,doesnt ruin my perfume.
I price match w vitacost when I buy this line, makes it even cheaper for something I already want to buy!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I like the eye cream. Found it really moisturizing and the skin around my eyes just looks better. It has some good reviews on the internet if you google it.

But the rest ive tried, wasnt really swayed to buy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Arbonne is all over ebay.. or it used to be... Way cheaper than buying in and all that stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Arbonne is all over ebay.. or it used to be... Way cheaper than buying in and all that stuff.

Very reasonable on ebay buying the sample packs and putting it together in a jar. Have used it in the past and I like the eye cream. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
This is a little "off topic" as I'd like to inquire about another product that I believe is being sold and marketed in a similar fashion: Noevir Skincare. It seems to be very expensive as well.

Anyone know anything about it? Thanks!

ETA: Just did a search for Noevir; found a few posts a few years back but no real information.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the primer as well, it is actually the only thing that they make that I liked. I did not like the scent of anything else. But I was pregnant when I first tried it, and was constantly nauseous...
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a very big fan of this range, the ingredient lists never look good. Most of the beneficial ingredients are listed towards the bottom. A couple of month ago a few samples came in the mail box and they really werent anything to rave about in fact the serum rolled into little balls.
Jaz071

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the RE9 Advanced products and really liked them. I have oily skin and wasn't too sure if they would work for me. I managed to stretch out my samples to last about a week and during that time my skin became smoother as did my skin tone. My niece even noticed a difference in my skin and asked me what I was using. The only thing I didn't like was the price... way too expensive for me.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE,
thanks for the info and comments.

I did have a chance to sample the FC5 cleanser and toner in one and it is too strong for my skin, dried it out a bit.
My skin is kind of combination,oilier in the summer-but I can't handle foaming cleansers all the time, usually at night use something foaming and daytime cream cleanser.

The FC5 matte sunscreen spf 20 is nice,but would rather have something with less ingredients.
Also I think there is silicone/dimethicone in ,a few people were telling me the Arbonne items were silicone free,all natural...seems they really aren't at all.

The brand is really not in my budget at all!
I have a lot of products to use up here anyways.

I did browse the Arbonne suplements online and it is almost $30-40 for a plain fiber powder...that is just crazy. it is not even a special item.

Funny that there are still more comments on my post!
But last night my aunt told me she ordered some Arbonne items from their website and that it is much cheaper online in the US...almost 1/2 of what it is here if you place a $700 order?
(she ordered with a friend....bought the RE9 line).
curious to see how she will like that.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

(bottle is on my desk).

I'm curious to know.

Thanks!

I actually used to like some of the Avon items though.
I remember liking an eye gel- a pretty plain one though and the nail polishes and they had 1 line of lip gloss that was nice a few years ago.
Just kind of "forgot" about Avon as I moved and never got catalogs.
(hate the Mark line though).

But back to Arbonne.

Sorry upon re-reading this to see if there was anything else to add, I saw that you mentioned Avon but not just Avon there eye product. I wanted to mention that Avon sells a product called 'Anew Perfect Eye cream' and it actually gets rids of darkness under the eyes until it's washed off, dont ask me how, all I know is that this product has a firm point in makeup routine (not skincare because I feel it's more of a cosmetic). Smile
hayman

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sad I seriously would not use this product, they make so many claims without the science to back it up.
Being a scientist myself their is no "miracle" cream and I doubt there ever will be.
Also the mark up they put on the product is horrendous, but can get away with it because its cosmetic!

People if your going to spend that much money spend it on lancome clarins YSL or many other established brands which are regulated.

Any company no displaying their ingredients goes against EU law.....
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I sold Arbonne 8 years ago. I liked the Re9 serum and a few other products. I wasn't impressed with their "natual" claims but there are worse products out there!

Right after I quit, I found the prices on ebay to be better than my 35% discount. Maybe that is still true?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |