Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bill to Prevent RX Shipping to US
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought I would share a bill that was brought to my attention (I scanned and didn't see anything posted on the subject). The bill is S.968, the Protect Intellectual Property Act.

The bill basically has to do copyright infringement, but within the bill it cracks down on pharmacies shipping prescription drugs to the US, both from pharamcies that require a prescriptions and those that don't. It would prevent online pharmacy websites from doing business within the US.

I am just sharing as I will be stocking up from Jan's Drugs, as well as writing my elected officials asking them to vote no on this until the remove that provision of the bill.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh god, I hope not. My work doesn't offer me benefits, I can't ever get them independently because some doctor 15 years ago says I have Crohns Disease (haven't had a flareup in over a decade), and can't afford my meds without going overseas (three hundred dollars for a month in the US). What a nightmare. I'd have to declare bankruptcy if I ever got sick again without those meds.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am in the same boat-I found out about the bill from the pharmacy I order my other prescriptions from (not my Retin A and Latisse), because I will lose access to that medication. While I love my Retin A and Latisse, I cannot work without my other medication....I have health insurance, but it is not covered. They gave me this link below as to where you can write your elected officials.

http://capwiz.com/rxrights/home/?utm_source=Jan+Drugs&utm_campaign=d0971f762c-Protect_IP_c_g_6_10_2011&utm_medium=email

ps-the original post should say All Day Chemist, Jan's Drugs is where I order my other RX's from.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ava, any chance you could get a dr. to test again, and say that you DON'T have that? That it was a mis dx???

This kind of stuff drives me insane!!!!! (which lately feels like a very short drive!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thats what the insurance company says to do, and they are requesting a colonoscopy to check for the disease so they can say its not a problem. I certainly can't pay out of pocket for that. I'm trying to track down a doctor I had a few years back to see if he'll sign off on it. It just shouldn't be this hard to get emergency insurance, I only want it for accidental (like being hit by a bus). I can live without seeing a general practitioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
If Big Pharma gets this bill passed, the next step will be banning the sale of vitamins without a prescription. I believe that's already happened in some European countries. I need to email my Senator now.

My ophthalmologist also told me to email my reps to get the FDA to approve medical procedures for the eyes that have been safely used for many years elsewhere in the world. Now he has to send his patients to Mexico or Canada. I pay for insurance but if I went outside the country I'd have to pay cash as well as airfare and hotel. It's outrageous. Our government is so damned corrupt.

MINUTES LATER: Via that link, I just wrote to Obama and my Senators. I edited down the form letter and made it a little less friendly and more to the point. I hope they are least count the emails that come in and don't just ignore them, which is what I've heard.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree that this is just another ploy from the pharmaceutical companies and their lobbyists in Washington. They must fear that they're being short-changed some how. I believe that the pharmaceutical/drug industries are the root cause of the problems in health care in the U.S.! Too much greed!

ETA: Just sent my emails to my state reps and Pres. Obama. Thanks for the link!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Oh god, I hope not. My work doesn't offer me benefits, I can't ever get them independently because some doctor 15 years ago says I have Crohns Disease (haven't had a flareup in over a decade), and can't afford my meds without going overseas (three hundred dollars for a month in the US). What a nightmare. I'd have to declare bankruptcy if I ever got sick again without those meds.

Ava, here's a link to info about obtaining insurance if you have pre-existing conditions. I'm not sure if it will be helpful to you, but thought it was worth posting, especially if you're on meds for Crohn's.

http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/new_plan_options_2011.html

hth
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for supporting it!

I agree big pharma likes to screw people over. My medication is elgible for a generic, and they are PAYING companies not to make it!!!! The US cost is over 400/month. I pay 280 for 3 months from Canada. I am pretty much over big business in general....
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
tanyasusie wrote:

I agree big pharma likes to screw people over. My medication is elgible for a generic, and they are PAYING companies not to make it!!!! The US cost is over 400/month. I pay 280 for 3 months from Canada. I am pretty much over big business in general....

Tanyasusie,
There is also a bill pending that will make this kind of activity illegal. I do not know the number or any of the details, but it was mentioned in an email I received from one of my congressmen. Guess we should definitely look into this as well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
tanyasusie wrote:

Tanyasusie,
There is also a bill pending that will make this kind of activity illegal. I do not know the number or any of the details, but it was mentioned in an email I received from one of my congressmen. Guess we should definitely look into this as well!

Do I sound bitter if I say I am not overly optimistic? Pharamcy companies have more money to donate to campaigns than we do, and I do not have a lot of faith in politicians. The Supreme Court ruled that companies can donate money directly to political campaigns.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |