Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help! I want to avoid getting a Bleph...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I read great reviews on using NIA24SSC, Vitamin A0X, dermaroller and AALS.

*I have
-undereye bags
-dark circles
-thin skin around eye area

I read that Nia24SSC can help lighten the skin yet may cause irritation. Reviews look promising though. The vitamin C AOX 20% by skinceutrical I read is powerful vitamin C serum and also lighten skin up to one shade as well as bring life back to the eye area. The dermaroller I read if I roll 1-3 times a week can help thicken my skin? And Lightslim can help reduce dark circles?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I think you can definitely improve the eye area but depending on the severity of your issues you cant expect surgical results. If your under eye bags are caused by fat then I do believe that surgery is the only option. I'm sure others will chime in with what has worked well for them.

I would not use 20% AOX around the eye area, I think it would be way too strong.

Dermalolling depends on the size of the needles. I believe you really only want to roll once every 4-6 weeks. Unless you use smaller needles for product penetration. Definitely do lots of research on this before starting.

I have a lightstim and have not noticed any reduction in dark circles.

This is what I do for my eye area. In addition to daily SS, I do use tazoac (most use retin-a) around my eye area. I use it every other day or so and I buffer with moisturizer. I like Garden of Wisdoms Fountain of Lycopene cream at night. This has really made a big difference in my area. It moisturizers really well with out being heavy. During the day I use the lycopene serum. I also use lightstim. Probably only 2 or 3 times a week because I forget all the time.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Having tried tons of products/creams/baby Q, nothing helped the under eye bags and loose skin on top of the eye. My skin was too fragile for me to use the dermaroller there. It ended up causing a few broken caps. I have such sensitive skin I have to be very careful not even to rub too hard!
I had an upper and lower bleph and it was the best thing I ever did.
No matter how tired, I can wake up and the bags are gone!
I wish you luck and hope you find your holy grail.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:24 am      Reply with quote
On the non-invasive front, you could try

* Tanaka massage for de-puffing the eyes
* Vaculifter for improving elasticity and circulation
* Massaging the area
* Eye exercises for improving multiple aspects of the area
* A repairing serum (no good suggestions here yet)
* Elevating your head slightly when you sleep to improve drainage
* Improving other health aspects (e.g., making sure you have no allergies, getting enough sleep, eating better)

I think these are the main things I can think of on the non-invasive side of things.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Bump
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
I have been reading several post and seen from different members such as bethany and a few others who had success. I know that what may work for one may not work for the other and its the risk I'm willing to take of using these products before surgery. I have read on several forums that dermaroller has helped some avoid bleph.....I do know u have to stay consistent with these products atleast 3 months and if all else fails, THEN ill look into surgery.
I am drinking green smoothies and use tua viso
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
If you have fatty bags, then surgery is the only way you can get rid of them. But, if you have fluid retention, I don't think a bleph is the answer. I would definitely try some of the suggestions here.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
sometimes botox injected at the outer third of the eyebrow (just above the eyebrow) helps to lift it a bit and it can affect the eyelid droop too, but depending on severity it might not be enough.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
would u recommend ageless gold secret + lightstim??
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless is s great choice if you believe that spending a lot of money on water will fix anything.

I would try Tanaka. Or probably any massage that works gently on the area around your eyes.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
thanks how about dermarolling??
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Have you dermarolled anywhere else? I ask because I have pretty thick skin, and I have rolled around my eyes (though not eyelids). I haven't had any problems with it, and I think it may help.

However, I would worry about recommending that to anyone with delicate or thin skin. You might want to try dermarolling another part of your face, or even your hands, and see how it works for you.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered a botox brow lift? its really helped me.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |