Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
All Day Chemist?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I know there are alot of threads about 'All Day Chemist on here and I think I have read them all!!

My main question is, has anyone used ADC for prescription drugs? like blood pressure medication etc..

I have been checking their site and the prices are amazing. I am in Australia. I want to order quite a few things from them but am worried about fraud and authenticity??

I want to order Retin A cream, but I was going to order my BP tablets too, the price difference is $ 32.oo to $ 3.00?? Big difference, but if there not the real thing could be dangerous. It's one thing if the cream is not real, but with acutual tablets!!

I think I need to get a card just for 'online buying'..it seems the safest bet.

any advice?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2,
I have ordered Advair disc and albuterol inhalers for my son's asthma. Much cheaper and were fine to use.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
With this order I actually ordered some prescription medication as it was much cheaper. Wish me well. Smile I did read online what others read and it seems the quality was okay or I would not have ordered.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've never ordered from them so I can't tell you about the quality of the drugs, but if you do order from them, try to get a prepaid card (not even a credit card, but prepaid) because there have many numerous reports of unauthorized charges. That way, you can load up the card with just enough money to make the purchase. Also create a new e-mail because they do send a lot of spam mail.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie - I'm in Oz too and I order all my meds from All Day Chemist. My prescription nasal spray is $30.00 to buy from the chemist here but the generic version from ADC is $8.00. Similarly, my migraine and other meds are significantly cheaper.

I've never had a problem with their efficacy or with customs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am      Reply with quote
thanks guys, that all sounds pretty good. I think its worth a shot. Just need to get a pre paid card for safety and then I will order.

Keliu, as you are in Aus, can you tell me how much shipping costs on average and how long it takes?

thanks
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Keliu, as you are in Aus, can you tell me how much shipping costs on average and how long it takes?

thanks

They have a flat shipping fee of $25.00 regardless of what you order. It usually takes around ten days to two weeks. ADC are good with giving out updates on how your order is progressing. My packages are usually opened by Customs for inspection - they put in a notification - but there has never been a problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
The antibiotics (cipro, amoxicillin) both check out. Used both before. Boyfriend gets his beta blockers and omeprazole, he's still alive and heartburn free. Very Happy

Honestly the coating on the knockoff omeprazole seems to be a bit better than the real thing- the stuff from here upsets my stomach.

Be prepared to wait a while, ADS promptly ships out, but it always gets snagged at customs. I think its just luck of the draw. Stays for approx ten days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, should have said I'm in the states.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to get a prepaid card, etc. but none were good for usage outside the US. I tried to get a one time card from my Visa bank and they do not do that so in the end, I used my card again but so far no issues.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
My order is in Customs in NY. It has been about 5 days since I ordered. This is where my order sat last time for days at no fault of ADC. I will post again once it arrives. So far no new spam to my email like last time (use a throw-away email address)and no new activity on my credit card but I will keep an eye on it.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the updates, definitely sounds worth it. I am going to go to the bank tomorrow to see about getting an account just for online purchases.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I placed my first order with ADC last week Thursday, I used a prepaid credit card and set up a new email account because of the fraud and spam issues that have been reported.

They sent me an email on Monday to say that my order had been shipped. I received my order today, everything was fine, the expiry dates on the retin a I ordered were Feb 2013 and I haven't had any spam from them at all (I set up the ADC account 3 weeks ago)!

I've used their generic retin a before and found it to be similar to the obagi retin a, the only real differences were, slightly thicker consistency and not as cosmetically elegant as the obagi, but that's to be expected with a generic version.

All in all a good, quick service and I would use them again.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, they do have great customer service... just that their credit card system isn't very secure for some reason
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
They attempted delivery to me today but I wasn't home. Much faster than last year when I ordered. A total of 9 days from start to finish. Very good time frame.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
I've used their generic retin a before and found it to be similar to the obagi retin a, the only real differences were, slightly thicker consistency and not as cosmetically elegant as the obagi, but that's to be expected with a generic version.

I forgot to add, the information leaflet was in English.I read in another thread that someone had to download an English version.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been ordering from them for 5 years, never had spam sent to me, and I've never had unauthorized charges. I don't bother with the prepaid credit card, never had an issue.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 am      Reply with quote
hi i have only ordered once from the ADC and some1 tried to take money from my bank account good job my bank noticed before i was wiped out,so prepaid card all the way for me from now on apart from that i cant fault the service
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I order my bp medicine from there and it is fine. I don't believe the retin a cream .05 made by johnson and johnson is any good. I just threw it away because it did nothing. The retin a gel made by shalaks is awesome though and it is really cheap.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
grhawk wrote:
I order my bp medicine from there and it is fine. I don't believe the retin a cream .05 made by johnson and johnson is any good. I just threw it away because it did nothing. The retin a gel made by shalaks is awesome though and it is really cheap.

I agree with that - the .05 J&J and the .1 Shalaks are like chalk and cheese. But I would make sure that you work your way up to the .1 - it's very strong.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm concerned now. I started with .025 Tretinoin gel (Shalaks) back in November and got a lot of flaking, so I started using the .025 Tretinoin cream (J&J) on my face instead, which I liked and had very little flaking if any, with. I still use the gel on my neck & decollage. Its almost finished but I've still got a lot of the cream left.

Do you mean that there's a possibility the cream wasn't doing any of the deeper, longterm things its supposed to for me? I have oily skin and I like how it drinks right in and seems to balance my skin, but if what you're saying is true, could this just be a short-term cosmetic benefit that happens to be part of the formula? I'm not used to putting creams of any kind on my skin due to being oily so maybe it just helped my skin by balancing oil which I could have done with any cream. I do think my small discolorations have improved, but maybe that would have happened with time anyway.

I bought a whole bunch of others too, which I was going to move on to:
Tret .04 gel Supatret (Sun)
Tret .05 cream USP Retino-A (J&J)
Tret .05 gel USP (Shalaks)
Tret .1 gel Supatret (Sun)
Tret .1 gel (Shalaks)

Do you have any thoughts on the Sun products?

(btw I don't understand your comment re chalk & cheese. Consistency?)

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I was going to order the Retin A cream .025%.. Johnson & Johnson, so this is the one some of you are not happy with?

what about this one...Retino-A Cream

Generic Name: Tretinoin
US Brand : Retin A (Cream)
Manufacturer : Shalaks Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Strength: 0.025%

how long would a 20gram tube last on average? I don't want to use a gel, I don't like the feel of them. I have no spots, just using for anti ageing. My skin is dry.

any advice please?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
grhawk wrote:

I would also like to know why you don't like the J&J .05% retin a cream?? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think the consensus is that you will not get the level of efficacy with the J&J. I don't know if it's a total dud but the Shalak is considered by many on here to be a better option. I get the Shalak and use it on my hands and chest, twice a week on my face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
how long would a 20gram tube last on average?

Mine lasted for 3 and a half wks
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |