Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need help w/ my regimen please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babycoco

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all Smile So I've been researching everywhere and on some sites it says that using bha and or aha with skin lighteners such as hq will make it work better (penetrate deeper, exfoliate etc) but then I read on here that salicylic acid shouldn't be mixed with hq. Terribly confused, can someone please clear this up for me?

Here is what my regimen is like right now- please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I cleanse with Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser using my clarisonic brush. Pat my face dry. Use Paula's Choice Targeted Acne Relief Toner which is 2% BHA. After that I used to immediately apply the hq (obagi "blender #5" mixed with taz) but I read that I ought to wait 30 minutes after I apply the BHA, correct?.

My skin is a mess. No exaggeration at all. I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms and legs (bumpy texture with brown/red color) and very noticeable stretchmarks on my shoulders, arms, legs, back, hips,bottom,groin(tmi sorry but it's there and I hate em:cry: )back of knees,...everywhere. Then on my face I used to have terrible acne and finally went on accutane a yr and a half ago though my derm was way too conservative and wouldn't put me on an adequate dose. So I still breakout though I've noticed I breakout most now during my period. I have extremely and I mean truly oily skin along with that comes blackheads. Some acne scars and post inflammatory pigmentation (very prone to that no matter what-even if i don't pick or a little cut etc.) and on top of all of that I also have hyperhidrosis.

For my arms and legs I have been scrubbing gently w/ a japanese towel and use dove nutrium as my body wash. Also I wanted to mention that I now wash twice a day (morning and night) before I was told not to because it would further irritate my skin but I've read many places that it's best to scrub/wash twice everyday and it makes sense if I'd want all the topical creams,gels,lotions etc. to penetrate deeper and work, correct?

Then I apply the same bha by paula's choice as soon as I've dried-should I wait a certain amount of time before I apply the bha as well? Then after I apply the bha I put HQ on the dark spots (PIH mentioned above) and then wait like a minute or two for it to dry-again should i wait a certain time before I apply my last step which is Amlactin 12% lotion. Sorry I know I've typed a lot on here hehe so basically- how do I space these out or rather how long should I wait between each application and which should go first, and are they all ok to mix with one another. Also, if anyone has even better ideas or additional steps I should try please feel free. I love learning and this board has been a godsend. Really, everyone here is just awesome! Smile
babycoco

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've also just ordered Skin Biology's Super CP Serum and Exfol and will soon place an order for the Ultra Emu oil. How should I incorporate those as well? I'm almost out of the PC BHA so I thought I'd try Skin biology's brand of bha- for my face at least. I'm looking for the best and higher strength of bha for my arms and legs. so far I've come up with I Feel Pretty's combo of bha/aha, and muac 5-8% bhas. And in the future I'm definitely going to try dermarolling though I still need to take care of all the spots and pih and learn more about it. I mean i've got varying sizes of stretchmarks everywhere and I don't know how many types of sizes and forms of needles I should buy and how to do it and for how long at a time etc lol. *sigh* there's a lot I gotta catch up on
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was just noticing that a lot of your symptoms point towards an excess of cortisol, in particular the stretch marks everywhere combined with the acne and oily skin. I would get your fam doctor to check your morning cortisol level, and maybe throw in an androgen level check (testosterone and DHEAS). How is your weight? usually if too much cortisol people put on weight easily as well, esp on the trunk area.
babycoco

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
cashmerelover wrote:
I was just noticing that a lot of your symptoms point towards an excess of cortisol, in particular the stretch marks everywhere combined with the acne and oily skin. I would get your fam doctor to check your morning cortisol level, and maybe throw in an androgen level check (testosterone and DHEAS). How is your weight? usually if too much cortisol people put on weight easily as well, esp on the trunk area.

Thanks cashmerelover Smile Trying to get appt. Wondering if I have to get a referral from primary doc or what. Also anyone else have any info or help on my regimen??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |