Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TCA Peel - some advise needed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Wallhunter

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody

I discovered chemical peels in the fall of last year. I went to the Spa and got 2 peels done ( very light, no peeling of the skin). I paid a lot of money for it ( 120 ) and figured I could do it at home. I worked my way up to the TCA 30%. I've applied it several times now, but I have never done the whole face because it's WAY too red and I can not hide a week from the public. Wink I used it twice or more on my forehead now. That's ok because the skin it thinner, so it's not gonna be deep red and you don't see it as much as on the rest of the face. I did it twice on my cheeks. Once it was only a spot treatment, the other time I did both cheeks entirely. The skin felt very tight, very uncomfortable. I usually use emu oil and just moisturizing lotions. Didn't feel like the emu oil was actually penetrating the skin, so I thought it didn't help much. The skin felt still tight. The lotion was better, but the dead skin was soaked in that lotion basically. I don't know, there must be something better. I have not tried petroleum jelly. So I just need something that will ease it a little bit. It takes about 6 days to completely peel - at the most 7 days. And feeling uncomfortable like this, 7 days feel like 7 weeks.
Also, what can you use to speed up the recovery and lessen the redness before you do the peel? I read retinol-A is good, but you can't get that over the counter. I do use retinol cream, but I didn't think that helped much.
Any input?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
You really don't want to do anything speed up the healing process as that could cause scarring. Don't use any vitamin A products or anything other treatment type products while you are peeling.

TCA is a strong peel, I don't think there is anyway to not get any downtime.

I don't get much redness past the first day, then it just gets tight/dry looking for a few days before it starts to peel for several days. I just use vaseline when I do a TCA.
Wallhunter

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
You really don't want to do anything speed up the healing process as that could cause scarring. Don't use any vitamin A products or anything other treatment type products while you are peeling.

TCA is a strong peel, I don't think there is anyway to not get any downtime.

I don't get much redness past the first day, then it just gets tight/dry looking for a few days before it starts to peel for several days. I just use vaseline when I do a TCA.

I get a deep red.. I meant if there's a way to reduce the visibility of the downtime. I know I can't get rid of it. I figured there should be something to reduce it. Something so the peel will go easy on you.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |