Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What should the PH of double c serum be?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MichelemM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody!

I'm so glad I found you guys! I'm a newly converted DIY'er and I'm trying to take it all in. I've already made a C+E+F serum using L Ascorbic but now I'm interested in trying the anhydrous double c but my questions are, what should the PH be? Also, do you think it would be too much to use C+E+F in am and double c at night? Also if I use Double c at night will I be able to put moisturizer on afterward or is this a waste because of the penetration issue with the silicone? Whew! I hope some of you incredibly informed people will be able to give me some advice.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
C stays on the skin for up to 48 hrs, no need to use am and pm.
MichelemM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey girlieGirl, thanks for that, you can tell I'm new huh?! Any idea of PH level tho? Anyone?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "double c?" Are you trying to use two forms of vitamin c?
MichelemM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the anhydrous double c formulation.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Are you referring to this one then?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=485999#485999

If so, then you don't need to worry about pH since it is anhydrous. pH is due to the presence of water, but since it is in a silicone base, you do not have to worry about pH.
MichelemM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh that's great news, I'm fed up messing about with those flimsy paper ph strips! Another question for you, my c+e+f serum was consistently ph 3, if it has oxidized would the ph change? There was never any change in colour but I've been using for 4 wks to the day, I think there is a change in my skin, seems more even but I'm so impatient! It definitely has lightened my hyperpigmentation, even my usually oblivious husband has noticed that! Very Happy
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm not too sure what oxidization of LAA has on the pH, but even if the pH is under 3 while the LAA has already oxidized, it won't be effective anymore and can actually cause damage
MichelemM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for that info, I really appreciate it. I'm going to make my double c now, can't wait! Very Happy
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
No problem! Be sure to tell us how it goes Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |