Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
valentine529
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I am interested in improving the appearance of the cellulite on my thighs. I have heard that dry brushing, derma rolling, massage, in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercise are the gold standards. Does anyone have any good advice for me in my quest to improve myself?

I also am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the use of IPL(Intense Pulse Light)treatment for cellulite? I was thinking that maybe this would help to tighten the skin in that area while promoting the growth of collagen. Maybe this would have a positive effect on the appearance of cellulite Question

All feedback is greatly appreciated! Very Happy Thank you in advance!

-Valentine Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes ... try Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo system. It's a combination of dry brushing and deep knuckle massage. She sells the dvd on her site which explains how to perform both dry brushing and massage. If you are consistent with the program, you will see results. There is a thread on EDS, but there aren't a ton of posts because the system is fairly new and doesn't get a whole lot of press. I use it myself and find it even helps with crepey thinner skin to tone and tighten things up. You can also spot reduce and sculpt the body without exercising if you do more stroke and knuckle massages. I would go to the thread to see more. HTH, Aprile Very Happy
valentine529
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Aprile! Very Happy

I have been considering ordering Carole Maggio's DVD. I wish that I lived in southern California because I would definitely go to her spa! Unfortunately, I live in northern Pennsylvania, so I will have to try to do the program myself! Is Carole's program difficult to perform on yourself...especially considering my plagued area is the back of my thighs????

-Valentine Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I also watched several clips and You Tubes on the the technique, which looks pretty promising.
For me it was hard to do on myself, so I recruited the hubby. If he is sitting there watching sports, might as well since it is pretty mind-numbing anyway! Laughing
I also have a little roller thingey from Amazon that works too, but my DIL snatched it up and I keep forgetting to get it back! It is great for the DIYer.
Firming creams seem to help temporarily plump up the area, along with self-tanner to camo and deflect.
Dry-brushing is a very big help for me and just makes me feeel better in general when I do it.
Excercise, dry-brushing, lotion, lots of water and massaging the area (any type) has seemed to help.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie!!!

You and I seem to have A LOT in common! Very Happy We seem to be plagued by the same afflictions...Lucky, lucky us! Rolling Eyes

Thank you for your advice. I am going to be trying it all and then some! BTW, which creams do you recommend? Which roller do you recommend?

Thank you for your help! Hopefully, we will be able to help each other in the future!

Warm Regards,
Valentine Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am also on a current mission for cellulite. Assuming you don't need to lose any weight or change your diet to avoid salts and sugars, there are a couple things that have helped me a little. Just to be totally honest, it still looks terrible. Just not AS terrible.

What didn't work- Nivea (cream AND patches), Karin Herzog, NOTCH fat burner, Clarins Body Defining Lotion, Bliss Fat Girl Slim and Massager(s), Neutrogena, Murad system AND both creams, Herbalife Celluloss, dry brushing (need way more pressure than this IMO), Sugar and caffeine scrubs made in the kitchen, EOs.

The Clarins was the best performing overall, and the most spouse tolerable, but still disappointing, save your money.

What sort of worked- massage. I don't know if you realize exactly how much is involved in No Lipo Lipo and other techniques and for me, it hurt like hell on the sides of my thighs. I do not like to be poked here.

What does work- cupping. The silly looking rubber cup they sell on ebay for ten bucks is pretty good. Be careful on any spider veins, stretch mark prone areas.

Like you, I'm looking for the magic bullet. I'm currently looking at gadgets such as the Gform and the Pose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot about dermarolling. This was a huge waste of time too. I loved the dermaroller on my face, but for cellulite it was not good. I had track marks on top of cellulite.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the advice, Ava!

I really appreciate your advice about the products and devices that just do not work. This is exactly what I need because I won't waste my time or money on them!

When you describe yourself, I see myself, too. I have had this issue since my teens! Crying or Very sad I have been able to keep it in check with a good diet and exercise up until birth of my daughter, 2 years ago. Now, I am searching for something else to add to my amentarium.

Well, I hope that we are going to be able to help each other...and WIN this battle!!!

Warm Regards,
Valentine Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I could have probably purchased a new rear end for what I've spent on cellulite gimmicks in the last 15 years. Laughing

I've had cellulite since I was about 13. My body type is very slender, not any extra fat on me, but my skin is very thin so any fat pockets just shine through.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ava,

I have the same sort of thin body with thin skin. It is very frustrating!

Could you describe what sort of cupping device that you recommend? I have never tried this, so I am going to because of your experience! Do you have any recommendations as far as technique???

I will try to search this forum, also!
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been following (and commenting alot!) on a blog about cellulite for a while. Melissa, the person that put the blog up, seems really dedicated to finding the underlying causes of cellulite. If nothing else, it's certainly interesting. It's called the cellulite investigation. I like it b/c it's the only one I came across that wasn't trying to sell stuff or full of misinformation.
I've also recommended that she come and check out the EDS forums for a variety of subjects she's mentioned on her blog.
HTH!
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been following (and commenting alot!) on a blog about cellulite for a while. Melissa, the person that put the blog up, seems really dedicated to finding the underlying causes of cellulite. If nothing else, it's certainly interesting. It's called the cellulite investigation. I like it b/c it's the only one I came across that wasn't trying to sell stuff or full of misinformation.
I've also recommended that she come and check out the EDS forums for a variety of subjects she's mentioned on her blog.
HTH!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Valentine-Yes, Lucky us!
This is the roller I had purchased, gave me bruises galore!http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OKB324
I also have the cups, purchased off ebay but I haven't really used them, guess I should!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I bought a studded roller at a Japanese dollar store for $1.50. If you happen to have anything like a Daiso store near you, I highly recommend trying them for cheap, odd massage-type tools. The same things are sold online for a lot more. I can't say mine has made a difference, but at least I'm only out $1.50!
Oh, and when I first got it, I rolled WAY too aggressively and ended up looking like a battered woman. Seriously. My friend was appalled. And it didn't lessen the cellulite. I'm trying again (summer!), but much lighter and with a combination of essential oils.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I bought this one:

http://www.selfmassager.com/

You get two of them for $29.95 I think. I'm sure there are cheaper on ebay, its just a squeezable silicone glass that gives a ton of suction. I keep them in the shower with some oil (don't think it matters what kind, I have grapeseed oil in there right now), but be careful because it makes your shower treacherous.

My technique is somewhat haphazard, I'm willing to bet that the people that take the time to do the lymphatic drainage techniques on the systems have even better results than me.

I spend about 5 minutes on each leg, and I give them double that on the weekends. You can adjust the pressure so you can work up to major suction.

As for the cause of cellulite, I've come to my own conclusions. I am convinced that we all have the same cellulite fat deposits hanging out just underneath the skin, but a certain skin type, combined with deteriorating connective tissue (explains why it gets worse with age, AND tends to coincide with hormones as we get older) just shows these very normal fat deposits though. I worked in a bridal shop for six years when I was younger, and I've seen thousands of naked women. There are extremely overweight women with awesome legs and not an ounce of cellulite, and skinny gym bunnies with horrific spatterings of it on their muscled thighs, and everything in between. I think the right diet can promote drainage, and exercise can promote circulation, but this is not a "fat problem". This is a skin problem.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
This past weekend I searched the internet for methods to improve the appearance of cellulite. I found a website which claims that cellulite is NOT a fat or connective tissue problem, but it is a muscle problem...???

I am wondering if anyone has heard of or tried "Joey Atlas' Naked Beauty Cellulite Routine" Question Question Question It piqued my curiosity, and that usually does not happen. The cost for the program is less than $50 with a 60 day refund policy.

What do you all think????

-Valentine Smile
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I think it sounds bogus. Building muscle can help by possibly burning more calories (muscle uses more energy than fat to maintain) which in turn can help you lose weight along with replacing some of the fat with muscle. It also may help give cellulite-prone areas a smoother look by building up the underlying muscle and making the fat deposits look less uneven.
But it doesn't get rid of cellulite.
I am pretty thin, and I walk 10-15 miles a day (seriously). I get comments quite frequently about how fit I am. But I have cellulite. And even when I was practicing a very rigorous form of self-defense everyday and had quite muscular legs, I STILL had some cellulite on the back of them.
I believe it's an individualistic thing. I'm fairly certain my issue lies more with loss of skin elasticity (as it's happening everywhere on my body) which likely results from a combination of age, years of nutritional deficiency and genetics. When I pull up just a little on the skin on the backs of my legs, the cellulite "disappears." While building greater muscle on my legs may help, I imagine my best bet would be finding something to help repair collagen and elastin in my skin.
That's just me.
If you're overweight or have low muscle mass, certainly losing fat and building muscle will help, but if your skin is stretched or older, it's unlikely to rid the appearance completely.
My 2 cents!
valentine529
5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi hermana!

I am just like you...I am very fit and very thin, but I have cellulite. I am skeptical about all the different treatments, but this sounded promising because the exercises targeted all the 20 plus muscles in the legs.

I am still searching and I am going to make myself a guinea pig to test all these things...of course I will be smart about it! I will ask everyone on this forum for advice before I buy or try anything! Laughing

-Valentine Smile
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have just signed up for 15 sessions of Hypoxi as has my daughter. Her ceullite is worse than mine but she is very thin. By the 6 session her bottom and thighs is really much smoother.
My back of thighs is much smoother and I have lost a total of 8 cm of my tummy and butt!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I got some professional massages at a spa for the cellulite on my thighs and all it did is cause some bruising and activate my buttock acne, not nice. Exercise and a low salt diet helped me more.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 am      Reply with quote
cashmerelover wrote:
I got some professional massages at a spa for the cellulite on my thighs and all it did is cause some bruising and activate my buttock acne, not nice. Exercise and a low salt diet helped me more.

Yikes, bruising?! Definitely not a good sign... what were they doing to you? Shock
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I bought this one:

http://www.selfmassager.com/

You get two of them for $29.95 I think. I'm sure there are cheaper on ebay, its just a squeezable silicone glass that gives a ton of suction. I keep them in the shower with some oil (don't think it matters what kind, I have grapeseed oil in there right now), but be careful because it makes your shower treacherous.

I use the same thing. Those silicone suction cups are great; much easier to use than a lot of other massage cups out there. I really love them. I just wish they made them in a wider variety of sizes Smile

Btw, cellulite is not a muscle problem; this person is trying to get you to buy their muscle workout. The fact is that it is at least largely a connective tissue problem, which is compounded by the fact that women's fat cells are shaped differently from men's, hence why women are far more prone to it than men. If it were solely a muscle problem, then fitness models would never get it and men would get it at the same rate as women.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Have you actually found the suction to give results? I actually bought a suction device at (again!) the Japanese dollar store, though it was marketed for the face. Seems like it would take forever to use on the legs!
And HOW do you use it? Suction in one area and drag across? If so, Do you use oil first so you can actually drag it?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi herama,

Yes, but only over the course of a few months of use. These particular suction cups are great. I can do both my upper thighs above the knees in about 2 minutes (I do about 10-15 strokes up and down over each area)--so very fast for me in comparison to other massage cups I've used. You basically place it against your skin, squeeze the cup, and then drag it along the skin. The suction is very good, and after a short while of get used to using it, I find this one to be very easy to operate. And yes, you have to use oil. I found it best to use some oil, but not too much. I don't know how it would compare to the suction device you currently have. HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
The serum that I use works for me. I've tried a few brands and noticed that they don't work as well. You have to be patient and you should notice after three months.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |