Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Week 14 of Obagi NuDerm and Still Peeling! Is this normal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
giese11vb

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am wondering why I am still peeling in week 14 of the obagi system? I have pretty damaged skin even though I am only 29 because I worshipped the sun growing up.

I have had dramatic results since starting the program. When I started I had a lot of hyperpigmentation, freckles, acne, bad blackheads and the beginning of fine lines which have all significantly been reduced since starting the program. I still have a small problem with acne and black heads but overall I am extremely happy with the system but I want to know if I am still shedding skin because I have so many damaged layers of skin that need to be shed. I feel like I am still in phase one of the system. If anyone knows anything about this, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
It is normal for some people to still be peeling at week 14. Most are more off and on by that time, but it really is an individual thing. Have you used Retin A before? If not, that could be the main reason. Some people take a while to adjust to it, especially if using the correct amount of products. Also, it depends on what you have used in the past. If you haven't used any "active" products before, you could have more of an adjustment.
giese11vb

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl! I have tried retin A products in the past but it has been about 12 years and I never used it long term. This really is the first time I have used any program like this. I have been religious about its usage and you are probably right that I am just taking longer to adjust. Thanks for the reply!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Giesell,
Many people continue to peel on and off the entire 18-24 weeks while they're using Nuderm. So, don't get discouraged; you're not the only one.

If you get a chance, read through some of the Obagi threads on EDS. There's always a current or on-going one. Glad to hear that you're having positive results! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
giese11vb wrote:
Thanks Rileygirl! I have tried retin A products in the past but it has been about 12 years and I never used it long term. This really is the first time I have used any program like this. I have been religious about its usage and you are probably right that I am just taking longer to adjust. Thanks for the reply!

You're welcome. It sounds perfectly normal what you are going through. The medical grade products really make a difference, but they can definitely have an adjustment period. Good luck!
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
if it is really bothersome just cut back a bit on the frequency of the retin A using it only every second day for a week, then try two days on, one off, etc.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Peeling is normal with most of these products Obagi, Retin-A, etc. Since everyones skin is different it can happen anytime, for anyone, it is only when your skin becomes extremely thin that there is a problem. However at week 14 it would be normal for the peeling.
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually still peeling at 4 months which is when i was suppose to be finishing and peeling really bad. It might have been because it was summer time and i was in the sun alot.

peeling was random for me and just came and went

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
joti wrote:
I was actually still peeling at 4 months which is when i was suppose to be finishing and peeling really bad. It might have been because it was summer time and i was in the sun alot.

peeling was random for me and just came and went

Peeling and summer isnt a very good idea unless your using a strong sunscreen Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
i was using spf 45. maybe i should have used something stronger cuz the peeing can be embarassing.

but peeling is also apart of the process to get rid of the dead skin. I was advised to stop the retin A if i had a big event coming up becuase i think that's the active ingredient causing the peeling

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |