Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any products or ways to help hollow eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
...thought I would jump in here since I also struggle with the sunken under-eye look. I have a very thin face so 5 years ago I had fat grafts in my cheeks and some in the eye hollows. It definitely improved the eye hollow, but now, it's pretty much dissipated all over. As with most procedures I've experienced in a Doc's office, (* even though I go to "THE BEST,") there is always a negative side Brick wall and in this case, I have a very visible lump at the injection site that has never gone away...in fact it is much more pronounced now since the fat has been re-absorbed. Regardless, I will probably do a filler in that area again someday....

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
havethecureithink

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marella,
I ran across your posting and I have 3 suggestions for you:
1. Loreal Winkle De-crease Collagen filler. I have been using this for about 2 years (I am 42) and it works very well but takes significant time to apply. I put a small amount right in the deepest part of the ditch, wait 5-7 minutes for it to absorb, then reapply until there is no valley from the under eye to the cheek.
2.) Marianne's Yes They're Fake website has B & A photos of her Sculpta injections and the results look great --I may do this soon.
3.) Skin tightening (Accent Laser) treatments were what my PS doc recommended when I came to him for Restylane injections. Just the one treatment toned up my whole face nicely and the hollows were less evident.
Hope this helps! Smile
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly, I am having the same problem especially after a bad week of sleep. I looked in the mirror today and was shocked at how I look (as well as surprised). It's like ...all of the sudden I have this hollow eyed look w/dark circles. I've always have had dark circles though but the sunkiness is new and now I have even more lines under my eye. Again, seems like all of the sudden and look even older! Sad

I don't care how much $$$ I need to spend but I am desperate to find a new under eye cream and have spent most of my day reading EDS for recommendations. I'm down to either Valmont or Cellscosmet and wow, it's difficult, not to mention both are pricey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, forgot to mention that I don't like to use fillers like Botox and I can't afford any derm visits either. I'm more on the Ebay side of things right now but I just realized that some of the Valmont products are very costly. I need to hit the lottery, haha.

I am also going to try some facial exercises too, like Ageless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet won't do a thing for undereye hollows, and in fact, after using an entire bottle religiously, i can say that it made me develop premature lines that went away when i went back to my usual eye cream.
that said, i think valmont products are marvelous.
definitely the under eye tuck serum by easy eye solutions does a bit to soften the area where the cheek meets the eye, especially if you are suffering from lack of sleep and dehydration.
the best thing i think you can do to tackle this isssue is exercise, and a lot of it. cardio and yoga are best--and facial massage. i hang upside down from an inversion table daily and it realllllly helps my undereyes. you would be surprised to know how much of the visible signs of hollows and/or bags are due to lymph.
lymphatic massage daily is a great, all natural, and cheap cure.

--avalange

WhiteWolf wrote:
Sadly, I am having the same problem especially after a bad week of sleep. I looked in the mirror today and was shocked at how I look (as well as surprised). It's like ...all of the sudden I have this hollow eyed look w/dark circles. I've always have had dark circles though but the sunkiness is new and now I have even more lines under my eye. Again, seems like all of the sudden and look even older! Sad

I don't care how much $$$ I need to spend but I am desperate to find a new under eye cream and have spent most of my day reading EDS for recommendations. I'm down to either Valmont or Cellscosmet and wow, it's difficult, not to mention both are pricey.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
mf

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I quite like Lauren Huttons Good Stuff. It works really well for me when I wear make up. Her light concealer if fabulous. Her whole technique gives a beautiful non-made up look. Talk about sculping your face. Check out her website. HSN has good prices on her disc. If you are interested I advice getting it with her video. You can do wonders with concealing under eye circles.

I have the same problem before: eyes looks tired,bag,hollow. I am using this stuff from xtend-life, the eye cream every day before go to work and put cucumbar every single night almost a months now, and I noticed around my eye seems more firm, moist, and the hollow is disappeared. this is not a magic thing, so you have to be patient, give a time to see the result.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=522445#522445

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh, the Eye Tuck and Illuminating Eye Care did not work with me, no matter how hard I tried! Trust me, I have tried and tried again to no avail. In fact, I felt like things were worse than better. So that's officially been tossed out.

I'll definitely try the gelatin next. Smile Thanks for that tip!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Oh, the Eye Tuck and Illuminating Eye Care did not work with me, no matter how hard I tried! Trust me, I have tried and tried again to no avail. In fact, I felt like things were worse than better. So that's officially been tossed out.

I'll definitely try the gelatin next. Smile Thanks for that tip!

Glad to help, for the price you can't go wrong if it helps! I never tried the tuck but the IC gave me major problems! Hope this works for you!

DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
juvederm fills in hollow eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:

Gelatin is a lot cheaper! LOL Just joking with you! But it's worth a go! Laughing

DM
Happy Holidays All!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
lol drink more water
productsavvy
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
havethecureithink wrote:
Hi Marella,
1. Loreal Winkle De-crease Collagen filler. I have been using this for about 2 years (I am 42) and it works very well but takes significant time to apply. I put a small amount right in the deepest part of the ditch, wait 5-7 minutes for it to absorb, then reapply until there is no valley from the under eye to the cheek.
2.) Marianne's Yes They're Fake website has B & A photos of her Sculpta injections and the results look great --I may do this soon.
3.) Skin tightening (Accent Laser) treatments were what my PS doc recommended when I came to him for Restylane injections. Just the one treatment toned up my whole face nicely and the hollows were less evident.
Hope this helps! Smile

I suffer from the same sunken hollow eyes look. Could you tell me which Loreal Collagen Eye Treatment you use? The Eye Illuminator one seems to help with sunken shadowed look while the wrinkle reducer one has hyaluronic spheres. Since both are collagen fillers for under-eyes, I am confused as to which one to buy and am interested in knowing your suggestion. I don't have any wrinkles though but find the ingredients in the wrinkle reducer stronger even though the illuminator one is marketed for sunken hollow eye look. And how many layers in total do you apply?

Also to marella: Have you found any product that would help with sunken hollow eyes (besides the obvious filler injections and fat grafting)? I also did some research and found that creams with hyaluronic acid particularly work well. And yes drinking water will definitely increase hydration for the skin.
productsavvy
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
havethecureithink wrote:
Hi Marella,
Hope this helps! Smile

In addition to my above query, I was also wondering if it really matters what your skin tone is in using the collagen filler. And how long does a tube usually last you? Your answers will help a lot. Smile
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:

Yup, I second this. After searching and buying and spending a fortune on a fix for tear troughs, I finally gave in to juvederm. Works wonders! It has last me over a year, so far.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
"lasted" - boy, my typing is going south quickly tonight. Confused
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 am      Reply with quote
isomers 3000for eyes. www.isomers.ca
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I too have 'suddenly
developed hollow eyes. It is so weird, I am sure it wasn
t like this 6 months ago. Even my teen son told me "mom, you look old because of your eyes being sunken in" Crying or Very sad

At this point, I am considering a filler. Embarassed
BelleFlower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have suddenly developed this problem as well. It seems like the hollowness happens almost overnight for us and it's the WORST aging factor. I'd rather have wrinkles than the hollowness. I'm wondering what I can do short of injections (I'm not opposed to them, just can't afford them right now).

I'm wondering about the idea of lymph draining that others have mentioned. Does anyone know how to do this for the face and eye area? I know how to body brush, but how do we drain lymph in the face? If anyone knows, I would be very grateful to hear! Thanks!

Fri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
BelleFlower wrote:
I have suddenly developed this problem as well. It seems like the hollowness happens almost overnight for us and it's the WORST aging factor. I'd rather have wrinkles than the hollowness. I'm wondering what I can do short of injections (I'm not opposed to them, just can't afford them right now).

I'm wondering about the idea of lymph draining that others have mentioned. Does anyone know how to do this for the face and eye area? I know how to body brush, but how do we drain lymph in the face? If anyone knows, I would be very grateful to hear! Thanks!

I find the Tanaka facial massage facilitates this. Not sure if you've seen the thread, but here's the link:

Tanaka Facial Massage (bone, muscle & lymph drainage)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457

You might also like this thread on dry brushing the face:

Can You Dry Brush Your Face?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21409

HTHs. Smile
BelleFlower
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for this Havana8! I'll definitely check out those threads! I had heard of the Tanaka facial massage but didn't really know much about it. Am looking foward!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to let y'all know that I had really bad sunken eye hollows. I looked like my eyes were sinking into my head.My DR explained it is a loss of fat above the eye and they used to treat it with fat grafts. Not a fan of that idea. So I got Au$500 of Juvederm injected and it is the best thing I could've done. After the initial swelling that lasted three days, I now look 10yrs younger. It has made such a difference to my face. I am not underweight or recently lost weight etc, it was just a sign of my genetic aging. I can now use eyeliner and eyeshadows again without looking like my brow bone is about to protrude through my head, made worse by the fact I have high eyebrows (not from botox). Very Happy
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I haven't read through the posts, but you can apply white eyeliner to the top inner lids and that will brighten up and make your eyes look bigger....more awake Smile

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also seeking a solution for this problem. After weeks of research and browsing I decided to order from ebay dermaroller, NiaSSC, Aox vitamin C, and lightstim. I have read great revies of using dermaroller being compared to Fraxel and will take a few months to start seeing dramatic results.
I plan on using my dermaroller .5mm three times a week follow with my vitamin C serum and NIA product. I will also start doing tanka massages using organic rosehip oil. Plus drink more green soothies with fresh pineapples. Eating right just as important.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Allychan, I always thought fillers would be the best fix for sullen eye hollows. It's great to hear you had great results with juverderm. Did they give you an indication how long the juverderm would last for?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |