Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need some help colour matching Jane Iredale MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I very rarely wear foundation and can count the amount I've had in my lifetime on one hand, the last time I bought a foundation was 2004 and there's more than half the compact left Embarassed

I'm trying to find a HG foundation for when I'm going somewhere special or just want to give my face an extra boost and would just love to try JI MMU, unfortunately I cannot find anywhere in London that physically stocks this for me to go in and test, it seems to be sold online only.

I've looked on their website and they seem to have about 6 shades that could be my match (difficult to tell from pictures).

My colour matches so far for other brands are:
MAC mineralize loose - medium deep
MAC mineralize compact - NC44
Bare minerals - Warm tan (I find this a little orange looking, a little darker than my natural colouring. After wearing for a few hours I found this very irritating and itchy, I knew I had something on my face)

Can anyone suggest a JI colour match similar to the shades mentioned above?

Does anyone know where I can get/buy samples?

TIA
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
If you e-mail the US customer service, they will be able to get you some samples. But if you want to purchase them yourself, you can get them here, though I'm not sure if they ship to London:

http://www.skin-etc.com/jairbasa.html
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
If you e-mail the US customer service, they will be able to get you some samples. But if you want to purchase them yourself, you can get them here, though I'm not sure if they ship to London:

http://www.skin-etc.com/jairbasa.html

Thanks oasisjc, I've just emailed the US customer services and I'm off to check out the link you posted.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out the link and then went to this page: http://www.skin-etc.com/samples.html Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know why these make-up websites won't let you buy/have samples of the products you want to try before purchasing, it's a bit hard to purchase the full sized goods to qualify for samples when you don't know which shade you need in the first place!

I'll wait and see what responce I get from the customer service.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
I checked out the link and then went to this page: http://www.skin-etc.com/samples.html Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know why these make-up websites won't let you buy/have samples of the products you want to try before purchasing, it's a bit hard to purchase the full sized goods to qualify for samples when you don't know which shade you need in the first place!

I'll wait and see what responce I get from the customer service.

Yeah, I don't understand either. And it's not like they don't have sample sizes so I'm not sure why they don't just sell it on their own website.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 am      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth

I hope you do get a response from JI customer service. I had been looking for ages to locate a place where I could buy it, it is really hard to find. I then decided to order online and lucky I didn't. I ended up finding a spa that sold JI and they matched me up. I would have chosen the wrong shade if I had brought online. JI colours are a lot more forgiving than other mineral makeup brands I've have tried in the past. They have alot of neural shades that are neither too warm or cool, that's what I ended up with. If you decide to buy it go for the pressed powder over the loose. I have both and find the pressed powder which you still apply with a brush gives a nicer finish.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I remember seeing a JI MMU booth in a UK airport. I think it was Edinburgh...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:28 am      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
I remember seeing a JI MMU booth in a UK airport. I think it was Edinburgh...

Thanks for posting rockhugger, unfortunately I'm about 350 miles away from Glasgow, but that may be of help some of the members in the north of UK.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
angelofthenorth

I hope you do get a response from JI customer service. I had been looking for ages to locate a place where I could buy it, it is really hard to find. I then decided to order online and lucky I didn't. I ended up finding a spa that sold JI and they matched me up. I would have chosen the wrong shade if I had brought online. JI colours are a lot more forgiving than other mineral makeup brands I've have tried in the past. They have alot of neural shades that are neither too warm or cool, that's what I ended up with. If you decide to buy it go for the pressed powder over the loose. I have both and find the pressed powder which you still apply with a brush gives a nicer finish.

I've found a link to their international partners and there was an email address for their European customer services. I emailed them and they gave me a list of stockists where I can have a consultion in central London, for anyone who may be interested:

Laser Care Clinics, Shaftsbury Avenue, W1

Fiona and Marie Aesthetics, Harley Street, W1 02074873032

The Wholistic Medical Centre, Harley Street, W1 02075807537

The People Studio, W1 07772038510

Thanks fongflyer, I'll bear that in mind when I finally get around to a colour matching session.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |