Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermarolling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I actually rolled using my .5 dermaroller with NO numb cream...lol it hurt in the beginning but i got over it. i rolled all over my face including under my eyes and applied 20% vitamin C be. i look real swollen right now and slightly bruised. I'm gonna eat LOTS of pineapple to help with swelling so much for my 4th of july weekend :/
LOL
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry, the redness will probably subside in 24 hours. I'm currently using the 1.5mm dermaroller and straight afterwards it is so swollen and red looking like real bad sunburn. But somehow the following morning the redness has completely disappeared and I can carry on as normal. But I do use aloe-vera and zinc oxide post roll so that may help as well.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Dont know which C serum you use but wanted to mention that its best not to use a Vit C serum that is LAA right after a roll. Since its an acid it can cause extra irritation when used right after rolling.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Please don't do this. You are irritating your skin. Any action or product that causes redness is inflamation. You don't want that. Use gentle products on your skin.
Sono
5% products discount

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell us if you see any results with the dermaroller. I used it for my frown lines but I didn't work for me. It looked like it was getting worse so I stopped. Maybe I was just paranoid.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 am      Reply with quote
sono
how long have you been rolling?
If you go and check the long dermarolling thread here , the general consenus seems to be this is a very long thing most people seem to take months before the see any real changes, it is no instant fix as it can take up 6 odd weeks months even for the collagen to renew itself.

Also have a look at the owndoc website for really good info, protocols etc. It is a method like all skin things that work that takes a long time( CPs, facial exercise,ETC)

hth

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Sono wrote:
Please tell us if you see any results with the dermaroller. I used it for my frown lines but I didn't work for me. It looked like it was getting worse so I stopped. Maybe I was just paranoid.

I'm on week #3 with the weekly rolling around my eyes. I do it for product penetration and roll agressively once a month. I have a .5 size and when i FIRST rolled, I had blood on my cheeks and around my eyes. The next day i looked swollen like i was beat up for maybe 4-5 days. It was horrible. My skin was very dry, patchy and flakey.I used LOTS of pure aloe vera gel i believed helped ALOT and rose hip oil. I also used vitamin C serum. Now i roll 2-3 times a week around the eyes and use daily vitamin C serum, aloe vera and avocado oil/CP GHK. I also just ordered the lightstim so hopefully I get some amazing results. I also just started doing Tanaka massage around my eyes for puffiness

I do take 18000-20000mg of MSM and Alma Vitamin C 5000mg powder form, with spirlina in Orange juice to thicken skin internal. And i just started yesterday taking fish oil 2800mg since i was told coconut oil isnt an omega3

My skin now looks great..maybe its a consistent of everything!! I also steam my face and do weekly honey/lemon mask for moisture.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
sorry sono
I forgot to add, my skin also looks terrible afterwards, very like Tasha has described, I have just done an aggressive Imm roll Sat pm and I look awful now.Red lizard face
just not funny Crying or Very sad My DH comes home wed pm I just hope I look a bit better than I do now Embarassed He will think I am completely NUTS. Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
sorry sono
I forgot to add, my skin also looks terrible afterwards, very like Tasha has described, I have just done an aggressive Imm roll Sat pm and I look awful now.Red lizard face
just not funny Crying or Very sad My DH comes home wed pm I just hope I look a bit better than I do now Embarassed He will think I am completely NUTS. Exclamation

Use LOTS OF ALOE VERA..I swear by this stuff after an agressive roll. Also i do have to say that i can no longer take super amounts of msm ..the past few days have been pure torture for me...can't sleep AND nauseous. So the most ill take is enough to continuously thicken my skin but not high amounts anymore Sad
I can't put my body through that much stress anymore...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |