Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
moisturizing sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have used both Devita and Osmosis Shelter; the Shelter is more moisturizing. I didn't have to use a moisturizer under the Shelter .. but I've never used Obagi, so that may not work for your Mom.

When I use the Devita, I still use my Osmosis Quench (moisturizer) under it. I don't use as much of it as I usually do, but the Devita isn't enough on its own for me.

I haven't used it awhile, but MAC had a primer that was SPF 50 that worked well. I never burned when I used it; it is a little thicker than I like, but it soaked in my skin completely. I wore foundation over it though. Because it is a primer, maybe your Mom could use it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
My Mum went to Selfridges today and tried the invisible zinc, she liked it so purchased 2 bottles, she's also planning on trying the Elta MD spf40 (it has higher amount of zinc than the one specified for the face) and PCA skin protecting hydrator.

Thanks for all the help everyone Smile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Glad she found something she liked, it can be soo hard trying to find one that does everything you want it to do Exclamation Let us know how she gets on Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I gave my Mum a little pot of my devita sunscreen to try, she absolutely loves it and I think she has found her HG ss, she prefers it to the invisible zinc, so I treated her to a tube of devita. I told her to take back the invisible zinc she hadn't used along with the other 2 bottles of sunscreen she let the SA talk her into purchasing Rolling Eyes

Thanks again for all the advice, hope this thread will help someone else with dry skin looking for a moisturising ss
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Eminence sun SPF 32

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
I've tried Invisible Zinc, compared to the feel of Devita I didn't like it at all. I found it to be thick and heavy. The tinted version only comes in 2 shades and it's really hard to get off at the end of the day. The devita is a much nicer sunscreen with the same % of zinc. However, having said that your Mum may like it, the tinted version does look like and feel like a foundation.

Invisible Zinc have changed their formulation. It is now easier to apply, not as thick, and is easier to remove now also. Still only comes in 2 shades but they have changed also. If you liked the "light" before, get the "medium" instead.
I love Invisible Zinc Daywear & i don't find it to be drying at all. Suits my dry/dehydrated skin very well. Doesn't leave a white cast at all.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
CindiLou wrote:
fongflyer5 wrote:
I've tried Invisible Zinc, compared to the feel of Devita I didn't like it at all. I found it to be thick and heavy. The tinted version only comes in 2 shades and it's really hard to get off at the end of the day. The devita is a much nicer sunscreen with the same % of zinc. However, having said that your Mum may like it, the tinted version does look like and feel like a foundation.

Invisible Zinc have changed their formulation. It is now easier to apply, not as thick, and is easier to remove now also. Still only comes in 2 shades but they have changed also. If you liked the "light" before, get the "medium" instead.
I love Invisible Zinc Daywear & i don't find it to be drying at all. Suits my dry/dehydrated skin very well. Doesn't leave a white cast at all.

I think there are a few types of the invisible zinc ss the one I tried recently was non-tinted, it's called environmental skin protector not the tinted daywear that CindiLou was referring to.

I didn't like it at all, it was really thick, difficult to apply and left a white cast. I use devita and layer it with obagi sunshield spf to get a matte finish.
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, yes, sorry i should have clarified. I was talking about the Daywear product. I haven't tried any of their other products. Smile
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my bottle of ESP Invisible Zinc Skin Protector SPF 30. I actually find it easy to blend and it didn't leave an oily sheen after. I have normal skin but I live in a low humidity location which means that the air tends to be dry and not humid at all. In the summer, I can wear this sunscreen without putting on moisturizer under and my skin still feels hydrated enough. In winter though, I tend to layer moisturizer under for that extra bit of hydration in drier and cooler climates.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |