Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
For those using hydroquinone (like Obagi) what ss do you use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Goose
5% products discount

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I may try Obagi again but do not want the melasma to come right back because I am using the wrong type of ss...

What ss do you use with hydorquinone products?
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Most of use who have used Obagi or on maintenance prefer a physical SS over a chemical. I'm using Devita or Burnout. Both contain 19% zinc and so far have been great for me in keeping my pigmentation under control
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tried to post a reply to you yesterday but posted it in the wrong thread Embarassed

I'm using obagi at the moment and I didn't like the obagi spf35, I'm using the sunshield spf50 which I love but it's both physical and chemical, I didn't have much luck with NIA24 but there are others that really like it. I want to try devita, burnout and soleo.

I've noticed that most people using obagi prefer to stick to physical ss, Devita, Burnout, NIA24 are firm faves.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the following threads, I found them very informative:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5849&start=0

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=38705

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31436

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=6786

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35450
Nadia91

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of any that are available in the uk with a high zinc content
Help appreciated Smile
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Nadia91 wrote:
Does anyone know of any that are available in the uk with a high zinc content
Help appreciated Smile

Soleo organic ss spf30 22.3% zinc (no titanium or chemicals)

http://www.soleoorganics.com/our-products/soleo-organics.html

UK distributor:

http://www.thegreenstop.co.uk/soleo-organics-14-c.asp

Phone: 07591 612231

Email: info@thegreenstop.co.uk
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here are landline numbers for the soleo

Tel 0844 879 3580 or 01457 866211
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I just use Obagi Rosaclear SPF 30 sunblock with 15.5% zinc and 2% titanium dioxide. It has a slight tint, goes on matt and covers redness well.
Goose
5% products discount

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your response.

I am currently using Burnout Clean and clear - I love that is mattifying but can leave a little bit of a whitecast.

Can someone explain the texture difference between Devita and Burnout? Is there any white cast with Devita? Is it thick like Burnout? How is it under makeup? Greasy or Matte?

Also, do you reapply during the day on days when you are just going to the office? I only apply in the morning and go. Wonder if thats another problem for me or do you think its necessary to have to reapply unless you plan to be out in the sun for longer periods?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |