Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Bronzer Suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have extremely pale skin and am looking for a bronzer. Everything I find seems to be too dark, or too orange (I have olive undertones, but lots of pink and redness).

Any suggestions on what brands to try? I just want something that brightens me up and gives me a little color.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale is a very nice brand. You can e-mail them to ask for samples I believe.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend this Guerlain bronzer http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P136300&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1132 in Blondes, even if you are a brunette. I have light brown hair and I use the blondes, the brunette was too dark. This bronzer gives you a sheer wash of color which is buildable. It is perfect for light skin. I apply it with the Bobbi Brown bronzer brush and I love the results.
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you-I will check both of those out! I am just so pale that everything I keep finding looks really dark.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
NARS Laguna was pretty on me, and I am also fair with the same problem as yourself, everything makes me look like I painted mud on my face. I actually gave up on bronzer alltogether and I am embracing paleness, but NARS Laguna was ok.
ramses
5% products discount

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
some tips from a makeup artist for different skin tone
http://www.youtube.com/user/lisaeldridgedotcom#p/u/45/kgrTW4p_kUw
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am another one who is confused by bronzer. Seems like overkill to me and just another way to get us to spend more money. I just use a nice pink or apricot cream blush.
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am also very pale also and really like the last bronzer from Dior in the shade Aurora. It has pink undertones, which really cut the orangey/dirty look that most bronzers get on me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE Smashbox Bronzer.

It is by far the most natural looking bronzer I have ever used. It gives you a nice, natural sunkissed glow. This powder is very finely milled and there is no shimmer or glitter at all. Very buildable without it looking cakey. Comes in two shades; Sunkissed or Suntan. You will absolutely love how effortlessly it blends out & looks so natural - Never orangey.

The price is a little on the expensive side, but the product lasts for a long time! I'll definitely repurchase.

BTW - I am also very fair skinned.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Do you wear blush with it? Where do you apply the bronzer?
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
NARS Laguna gives me a nice sunny glow without making my skin look muddy. I did not like MACS bronzers as it made me look rather unnatural.
LittleMissMeUK
5% products discount

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the palest Bobbi Brown blusher? I really like it as it's very buildable. I'd also always suggest using a blusher as bronzer alone can look a bit flat but also a bit grubby without the extra colour in your cheeks!

I rely on bronzer to stop me looking like a vampire Very Happy I used to agree that it seemed to be yet another thing to waste money on, but I always looking healthier with it, so I'm sticking with it for the time being, especially now I'm trying to avoid getting a tan.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I love the makeup-designory bronzer, it's wonderful and isn't to glitter-ish. Hard to find though.
DJano

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Chantecaille "Capri" and Becca "Flamenco" are good bets. The Chantecaille one is light and rosy and Becca used to make it a point to mention how their bronzers are *not* orange. Flamenco is really just light bronze, no pink, no orange.
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all for the suggestions. I ended up with Laguna Beach by Nars. The coloring worked really well for my skin. Thanks again for all the suggestions!
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:18 am      Reply with quote
OOps, too late to post my reply,

I am now using BECCA mineral bronzer.

http://www.beccacosmetics.com/us/store/complexion/bronzer/mineral-bronzer-illuminator/

I have also try the BECCA mineral blush,- Damselfly it has the property of bronzer and blush ,very nice color =D
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka bronze concentrate has gotten me the most compliments. I like the feel of it as opposed to powdered bronzers. I also like the stick blush from Josie Maran.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
i just shesideo bronzer i find it works well and looks very natural

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
Dr. Hauschka bronze concentrate has gotten me the most compliments. I like the feel of it as opposed to powdered bronzers. I also like the stick blush from Josie Maran.

I'm happy with the Makeup-Designory bronzer but am after something a little more creamier that contains ingredients which are also good for the skin. What is the ingredient list on this product like?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I'm happy with the Makeup-Designory bronzer but am after something a little more creamier that contains ingredients which are also good for the skin. What is the ingredient list on this product like?

Dr Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Olive (Olea europaea) oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Extract, Lecithin, Beeswax (Cera flava), Fragrance (Parfum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper-Complex (Cl 75810), Iron Oxide (CI 77491).

I buy a new bottle every year. You can mix it with moisturizer but I use it straight out of the bottle on the areas that would get the most sun then blend in the rest of the face.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |