Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aloe Vera
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am speaking in general about good ole aloe vera. I have never thought about aloe before (well not never but it's been a while) But anyhow, I was on vacation this past week and got sun poison & a bad sunburn, so of course we pulled out the aloe and I was reading the back of the bottle and it has various uses....Scars, burns, wrinkles, Etc. Do any of you guys incorporate aloe in your skincare regimine? I thought about using it mid day (I have a morning routine and a night routine already) or maybe I can use it every other day underneath the Karin Herzog Oxygen cream. Any suggestions, thoughts? What brand(s) would you guys recommend?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I use pure Aloe Juice on my skin. Its great for sunburn. I used to apply it to my kids if they got burned and am convinced it helped them to heal up faster and seemed to soothe the skin. I also drink the juice too and feel it does something for my digestion but also my skin too. If I don't have aloe vera I feel my skin isn't as firm or soft (kind of a contradiction but hoping you know what I mean).
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I use it after doing peels and dermaroller. It's ace for calming skin irritation...that and zinc oxide. The brand I use is Pere Marve 100% Aloe Vera Gel.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
It is amazing for burns/irritations. I have tried to use aloe in my routine but I find it to be drying when used daily.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think I may start using it on my face, during the day/noon hours (I currently don't apply anything around this time, so I may give it a shot)

I also thought about Vitamin E. I have read good things about it as well.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had no choice but to buy a bottle of aloe gel when I got terribly sunburnt during a beach holiday in Tioman. Worked well to cool and heal the peeling skin. I did not like it for the stickiness and felt that it did not absorb into my skin so never used it for any other purpose thereafter.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
i prefer u buy a aloe vera plant and use the pure gel thats what i use after i dermaroll and on a daily.. i love aloe vera Smile
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love aloe. I use it as a base for any DIY serum. Right now, I am using a serum of 95% aloe and 5% niacinamide. Love it!
And inexpensive....
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
i prefer u buy a aloe vera plant and use the pure gel thats what i use after i dermaroll and on a daily.. i love aloe vera Smile

Lol. I'd like to do that too. But that's the last thing on your mind with your entire face and lots of your body skin feeling tight and peeling and just recovered from a fever due to the sunburn Crying or Very sad
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aloe vera has many benefits. It is used as a cooling agent, when ingested it increases immunity, relieves digestive tract trouble and soothes the body. In spite of all these benefits aloe Vera is widely used in treating skin-related problems. Aloe vera 'the burn plant' is a multi-healer. Owing to its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, healing and cooling properties it is a very useful natural element to treat our skin. The inner gel of Aloe Vera is considered very well for Skin Care. As it is a natural balancer it's good for all Skin types whether you have Oily Skin, Dry Skin or a mixture of both.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Reminds me, aloe vera drink/capsules is good for gastric pain in sufficient amounts. Personally proven and tested. Very Happy
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I have a aloe vera plant at my home it's very helpful in getting rid of my acne.

Also i had a patch of dry skin on my arm for 2 weeks i put aloe vera on it for 2 days and it was all healed up

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I have a aleo vera plant also and I perfer to use the fresh one.

joti wrote:
I have a aloe vera plant at my home it's very helpful in getting rid of my acne.

Also i had a patch of dry skin on my arm for 2 weeks i put aloe vera on it for 2 days and it was all healed up

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I have a aleo vera plant also and I perfer to use the fresh one.

joti wrote:

Yes, the frest ones are great !!! especially for healing, burns...... if you are looking for more function, for example smoothing lines after burn, I would recommend the Duchess Marden Damascena Hydrating Masque. It contains high concentration of Aloe Vera (however not 100%). Here is the ingredietn list:

Water, Rosa damascena (rose) water*,aloe vera gel, glycerin, water and Cassia angustifolia seed polysaccharide, scelerotium gum powder, water and Palmaria plamata extract, Avena saliva (oat) kernel extract, Leuconostoc radish root filtrate

5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I add pure aloe vera gel to my dry masks. Also mix aloe vera gel with natural vitamin E and apply it a few times per week. Works great!
eli68
5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for these ideas! I've often wondered exactly how to use it in a skincare regime.
anora

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello...

Thanks for sharing this topic...Aloe Vera is very useful for our skin. Specially it removes acne and marks of pimple from our skin...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |