Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Confessions: Beauty Buyers Anonymous
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, My name is Lisa and I am a skincare addict.

I have a problem. I cannot stop buying products, and I need help. I vow to attempt to finish one product before buying another, unless it is total crap and my skin can't handle it anymore.

I counted. I have;

-4 cleansers (facial)
-2 toners
-6 facial scrubs
-3 bodywashes
-3 bars of soap
-2 handsoaps
-3 daytime moisturizers
-1 eyecream (wow, is that it??)
-4 hand creams
-3 foot creams
-5 body moisturizers

And this is only what I have in my bathroom cabinet, shower and in my bedroom.

I have even more in my drawers and shoeboxes under my bed.

HELP!!!
kei
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, my name is Joyce and I'm not a skincare addict. No seriously, my lawyer just pleaded that I was so I could join this group and get away with only doing 60 hours of community service.

I can't count how many products I have. Many have been hidden for the remainder of existance in shoe boxes and shopping bags, to be thrown out when attachments have been sawn off by newer, prettier packages. Even more (the ones that were compatible, such as body/foot products, cleansers, or haircare) have been amalgamated into one bottle to visually ease new purchasing guilt (*hint*). Some costlier products that don't do jack were downgraded from face-->body-->foot.

I'm not an addict.

Remember, 1-2 good cleanser/exfoliator/masks/lotions/creams/serums are our freinds. They save us from spending so much time and $ on makeup. Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Joyce! Welcome! Laughing

I never thought of mixing stuff together so I really just have one. Laughing

Question I wonder what others do with product they bought and weren't so thrilled with. Question
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, My fake name is Sadie. I am an addict. I am also extremely paranoid.

I have 1 hand cream
I have 3 body creams
I have 5 body oils
I have 5 bath oils
I have 12 bottles of shampoo
I have 7 bottles of conditioner
I have 1 bottle of hair gel
I have 2 bottles of hair spray
I have 5 bottles of leave in hair treatments
I have 2 toners
I have 5 moisturizers
I have 5 face masks
I have 2 cleansers
I have 2 eyecreams
I have 3 lip balms
I have 2 neem nail pens LOL
I think I must own 90% of the Dr. Hauschka line

May I branch out into makeup? I won't bore you with an itemized list, but I have dozens of lipsticks (several repeats of the same colors), many eyeliner pencils, several mascaras, and a plethora of eyeshadows. I barely ever wear makeup, even!!!! Somebody help me!!!!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is tempting me to cut up my many, many credit cards. Peeking into my closet -- I have SO many clothes, shoes, and lingerie!!!! OK is it too late for a new year's resolution?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I *used* to be an addict and I have the cure.

I've moved to small town China and I'm on a piddling little salary too. All of this has helped to hone my skincare collection. It's drastic action but it works.

There are still a few essentials, but I won't embarrass you with my tiny list.

If I don't like stuff I use it on my legs when I remember.

M
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
chimera, I didn't even go into shampoos. I have the caddy on the showerhead, plus 2 of those wire corner thingys, then around the tub is full, a couple over the sliding doors and half the area under my sink is shampoos or conditioners.

And makeup...oh man, don't even get me started!!

I suppose I should just throw out or give away all my crap and I would live a much simpler life. I gave all my yucky shampoos/conditioners to my BF. Took a few of the ok products over there for when I stay over...hmm...would the homeless like half used product. Laughing Laughing Laughing
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi , i'm Christine, i'm new and just got addicted after i found this wonderful forum.

I still have lots of place for my **new toys** in my bathroom Very Happy But i guess i should find a cure before it's getting worst!
(OH no ,, i just placed my frist order with EDS! (4 products!!) ) Laughing

and yeah MAKEUP, i have lots also.. from my mom, my aunt, my friends.. and of coz myself haha.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
It's sad, because I think I use the same shampoo just about every night. And I wear the same eyeliner and eyeshadow just about every time. But I can't bring myself to throw out the rest or to stop trying new products!! Credit cards are dangerous. Wink
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, my name is MystyPines and I am a fairly new skincare addict. Shock

I am not sure when it began, somewhere in April of this year when I joined this forum.

The incredible rush I feel when I purchase and use a new product and how all around it just boosts my confidence and makes me feel good. Dancing The enjoyment I get when looking at the pretty packaging, or reading the boxes/labels/booklets or the free samples that come with the orders.

Having stopped smoking, stopped anorexia, then stopped compulsive binge/overeating.....well doesn't leave me with many vices to pursue. Brick wall

My new hobby --- skincare. So, now with up to 3 separate online skincare purchases this week and the packages coming to the house and trying to get home before my husband sees them outside the door. Then, trying to dispose of the boxes and packing peanuts before they are noticed. Bad Grin

And, now it seems I am constantly thinking/planning my next purchase (I have a running list of what I want to get) and looking through fashion magazines looking for new products on the market.

Stop the insanity! he he he.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose I have an * spam alert * too. Perhaps it's more of a compulsion. I wear makeup a handful of times each year so why do I own so much? I live on a boat and don't have tons of storage so I'm not really a collector, just a buyer. I don't have a problem throwing stuff away when it gets old. My clothing, shoes and skincare/makeup products all turnover rapidly. If new clothes or shoes arrive, old ones get donated promptly. Shampoo and conditioners that don't work out end up on the back deck at our outdoor shower for after diving or snorkelling. Shampoos often get turned into body wash too.
Liz
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, seems like you've got the * spam alert * under control.

Mistypines, doesn't your husband notice when the visa bill comes or do you hide that too? My boyfriend doesn't have much of a clue...that's only because we don't live together. My mom knows I like to buy, but I don't think she knows exactly how much.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne!

No, the Visa credit card is mine. So, he doesn't know. We have our own credit cards, our own checking accounts, and I pay for everything with my own paycheck. As long as I pay 1/2 of the household bills, I guess I can secretly carry on my new * spam alert *. he he he.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
If you addicts are feeling bad about the stuff you don't use, a lot of women's refuges take hair and beauty stuff to help set up women who have escaped from abusive environments set up and get jobs etc.
Think of the buzz you get when trying someting new and imagine it is the first time you have had something just for you for sooooooo long you can't remember. If you don't use it, donate it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33 am      Reply with quote
YAY GUAPAGIRL!
kei
5% products discount

Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Idea Guapagirl kicks arse! I never would have thought of that on my own.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi my name is vegas gal and I'm addicted to all things that are bath and body. I won't tell you how many bars of soap I have (it's too embarassing even for me, but they are really good soaps Very Happy ) or how many body creams or haircare products I have, or stuff to put in your bath (LUSH whore here). Let's just say I don't have to buy anymore for maybe 3 yrs or more Shock. I rotate between 3 skincare lines for my face. If it is something new I will give it a go, what I don't like I give away. Very rarely will I ever throw anything away. My husband doesn't care how much stuff I buy, his motto is "What ever makes you happy", that in its self makes me feel a little guilty. I think he knows me to well and that is why he says that Very Happy .
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl, good idea. My friend is planning on doing one of those beauty nights for the homeless/unfortunates, maybe she'd like to give some stuff out.

vegas gal...your hubby seems understanding. My boyfriend is so weird, today in chapters (bookstore) he wouldn't leave the bargain book area, but then he bought the $36 cookbook I showed him.
He's cheap for himself, but not for me...I like this. hehe...But I feel guilty too Rolling Eyes
kei
5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
lianne, if you friend is going ahead with the beauty night PM me so I can clear out the evidence too. Very Happy

Our boyfriend's sound eerily similar, is yours about yea tall, stocky build and a five o'clock shadow by three? Wink One time I was standing in-store holding a $5000+ fountain pen; all I had to do was nod.

Of course I didn't go through with it, but geez...what a wake-up call. The dear boy even alerted me to a sale at a local skincare shop that I've frequented.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
ok, my boyfriend would probably draw the line at a $5000 pen....

He also draws the line at diamond rings..but only cuz he's not ready quite yet (I think that'll change when he hits 30 in march)

yeah, he does get a 5 o'clock..but usually at 4!

They have one big difference. My bf would never know when there's a sale anywhere!! and he wouldn't know what shops I go to (we both hate shopping)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
My * spam alert * is mostly to hair-care products...BTW, I second GuapaGirl’s recommendation to donate to women’s shelters: not only do you get rid of the incriminating evidence, but it makes you feel good too! For those of you in the U.S., MUA has a page specifically dedicated to it if you want to check it out - http://www.makeupalley.com/cares/
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
kei... A $5000 fountain pen Shock Shock Shock You should have bought it just for sh** and giggles. I wonder who in the world would really buy a $5000 fountain pen? You could never use it for fear of loosing it. Where do you even buy a pen like that?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I thought my $350 Mt. Blanc fountain pen was the cat’s meow, but apparently I was mistaken!! You know, that sounds like something Donald Trump would have – completely OTT and ostentatious.
kei
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
We should all hook up one day, we both hate shopping too (doesn't make for many girlfriends on my part). The only reason he knows is because I hate shopping so much I'll "save up" necessary purchases until I absolutely must go, then we do a grab'n go.

Eee.... marriage. He and his whole family is counting down to when I finally cave in.

I have a thing for sleek, fine-tuned, metal craftsmanship. The shoplady at the bakery says it's because I'm a Scorpio.

So sexy. Drool
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
he's waiting for you to cave in?? That's strange, usually it's the other way around. My boyfriend tries to keep our parents from talking for fear that they'll start the planning.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |