Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just one thing you could change...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
beautifulwonder
5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I was reading through the forum posts and noticed a lot of people have more than one skin complaint, whatever stage of life they may be at.

I'm sure most of our 'skin problems' we believe are worse than they actually are.

I was just wondering if there was one thing and only one thing that you could sort out with your skin (for those of you with more than one complaint), what would it be? E.g. crows feet vs. age spot, etc. Additionally, what do you LIKE about your skin/facial features? I often have to force myself to think about this one, and focus on the positives (and this applies to who I am too, as a person, but as this is a skin board...)

For me, at my age (age spot included at 26!), if I could change anything, it would be my dark circles as nothing I know can work on them and they're the one thing since the age of 12 which I've had to wear makeup on, day in day out. I've never let anyone besides family/serious boyfriends see me without concealer under my eyes. They're very severe. To not have to wear concealer under my eyes without fearing people would think I was a junkie would be just SOOO amazing.

As for what I like about my facial appearance...I like my dimple when I smile, and my lips...and my ears!!! They're well formed.

Anyone else want to chip in?

Mid/late 20s...acne prone combination skin, slight pitted acne scarring on cheek, freckles, sun spots, severe dark circles, broken capillaries around my nose, blackheads on nose...yeah, I'm a skin mess.
dermaglowgurl

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Good question!! I think you will get a lot of responses. If there were one thing I could change, it would definitely be my crow's feet! I started getting them around the age of 26 and five years later, they've gotten a lot worse.

As far as good things about my skin, I've been told I look extremely young for my age because my skin has a natural elasticity and shine. On the other hand, this has also has been both a good and bad thing.
As an example, people don't take me seriously because they think I'm in my early 20's, but college guys flirt with me all the time! Ha ha!

What kind of sucks sometimes is that people will think I'm younger, but as soon as I smile or grin, those darned crow's feet will give my real age away. Or at least make them think I'm in my 20's with a weird case of premature aging. I don't know which is worse!
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 am      Reply with quote
My left eyelid is a double and my right eyelid is a single so it's kind of unbalanced. It makes it impossible to have certain eye makeup styles as both sides look different when my eyes are open.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
If I could change one thing it would be my hair. Obviously my skin is not perfect (is anybody's?), but I'm pretty happy with it most of the time.

But as for my hair.... it's beyond help and I've tried pretty well everything. Think cotton candy, without using my trusty hair iron. I'm seriously starting to consider wigs, even though they make me look like a drag queen. Am I better off looking like a drag queen or a woman with horrendous hair? I'm undecided ...
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to change my skin... I have many battle scars left from my war against acne. There are other things I would like to improve but suffering from bad skin has definitely affected me in many ways.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |