Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Results from LED (any brand)-- the good, the bad, the ugly
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone-- I jumped on the LED wagon this last March but havent committed to using it more than once a week... I think the jury is out for me on whether or not it is a good thing. My aesthetician in Minneapolis thinks it is wonderful and so do all the folks on the truthinaging website, but I was wondering what EDS posters thought about it. I went through the forum and found posters discussing it as far back as '07/08. Since it has been a few years, I was wondering what some of those long time users have experienced.

For me personally, the first few times I used it, my skin glowed for a couple days afterward. Now, I have noticed that my skin can look inflammed afterwards for a couple days, and then it goes back to normal (normal, not necessarily better). I am not sure about any real, lasting improvement since i havent been using it long. I never use it for longer than 15 minutes at a time (entire face treatment).

What I would LOVE for it to do is reverse the beginnings of nasolabial lines for me....and it would be a real miracle if it improved undereye circles I have had since I was 5!

Thoughts anyone? LED experiences to share?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Having been an LED user for quite a few years now and very diligent about the protocol with my Baby Q I can agree about the glow.
For me, it is a temporary plump and glow with no lasting visible results to speak of.
It does help penetration of whatever product I have on my face.
I am best with using it right before an important event for a nice effect which wears off in a day or two, so I give it mostly a barely passing grade for the time spent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the AALS for over 3 years,
2X a week. It keeps my skin glowing, helps
with the fine lines, and temporarily plumps the skin. I use green tea with MSM before each
session - wouldn't be without it!
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Initially LED's must be used regularly for a comprehensive effect to take place. If you are using it once a week you have diminishing returns - basically you are almost getting nowhere for the effort.
I'd suggest using it for at least 5 days a week for several months and then kicking back to a time or two a week. It's time well spent. Do it while mult-tasking - watch TV, read, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I did use mine the optimal required amount of days per week for over 2 years and still the effects were temp at best. Maybe it was just the Baby Q?I haven't tried any of the other LED's.
When I did the article for the NYTimes Lifestyle a few years back on the Baby Q and LEDs, I had to be honest about the results. I did not want to mislead anyone from my own personal experience.
I certainly do not feel the full-sized Quasar is worth the money and I took it for a long trial run before I returned it and went back to my Baby Q.
Yes, I did get plumping and glowing but only while using and only temporarily. Once stopped, so did the results. I use it now when my skin needs a pick-me-up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank everyone for your posts so far. Is 10 min a day, 5 days a week reasonable? I just want to treat the nasolabial area mainly at the moment.

The aesthetician I have seen told me once every 5-7 days is the preferred treatment schedule-- she said more than that was too much or pointless. Thoughts on this?

Also, has anyone noticed any negative side effects??

Thanks again for your feedback! Smile

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was told to go the full regime but every 2-3 days for the first 6 weeks and then once a week for maintenance after that. More than that and it dried out my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
jenp7 wrote:
Thank everyone for your posts so far. Is 10 min a day, 5 days a week reasonable? I just want to treat the nasolabial area mainly at the moment.

The aesthetician I have seen told me once every 5-7 days is the preferred treatment schedule-- she said more than that was too much or pointless. Thoughts on this?

Also, has anyone noticed any negative side effects??

Thanks again for your feedback! Smile

10 minutes a day in one spot? That seems like a lot. But 10 minutes total (moving it from spot-to-spot) seems like too little. Guess it depends on which LED.

I have an AALS and had a Tanda before that. I started with the AALS 5-6 days/ week for about 4 weeks. 3 minutes per spot. Then I dropped down to 2-3 times per week.

I don't notice anything negative. But frankly, I don't notice much positive either. I didn't see much with the Tanda - used it pretty regularly for ~6 months. Stopped and bought the AALS about 6 months later after reading all the rave reviews. Have been using the AALS for 3 months now. Might be too soon to see many results. I will keep trying for another 3 months as I hear 6 months is the magic point for results to be visible.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
@ Shastagirl- I only use it 10/15 min on the whole face. You are right in that this may not be enough. What is average?

Has anyone read or heard anything about facial fat loss with LED? I know the light is suppose to function similarly to lasers, but on a lower grade/less power.... which is a little worrisome since some lasers have been linked to facial fat loss.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
No fat loss, but I have had loss of restylane if used on area that was injected. Also can diminsh botox.
I use my lowest setting at 8 seconds per area and then move it to the next area. This is in a clockwise motion starting from the forehead. I then got to the midrange light or setting and do exactly the same.
I use the highest setting at 30 seconds per area and then move it. I also do the neck and chest.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've used my Tanda diligently for almost a year and a half now. It has definitely helped me with minimizing inflammed acne -- though I do wish it would completely rid me of my acne woes.
I also notice that my skin do look plumper after using the red light but only for a short period.
I used to get LED treatments done at a medicalspa and I do notice that my skin has a more lasting plump (and reduced inflammed acne) after them than from my Tanda.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I, too, noticed better results after my spa treatment as well. After that 1 time, my skin was smooth and pale and looked good for a couple days.

After I do the LED light at home, though, my skin looks slightly irritated for a couple days....reddish with slightly enlarged pores. This is a typical rosacea-like response, I think, but I dont know why it lasts so long with me or even occurs at all, especially since I dont use it very long and had a totally different skin response with the aesthetician.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |