Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Decleor 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (200 ml / 7.5 oz) RevitaLash Volumizing Mascara Espresso (7.39 ml / 0.25 floz) pH Advantage Control Regimen PM Vitamin Triple Complex (30 ml / 1 oz)
Facial Exercise Program-how do you decide?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
tanyasusie
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 65
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

Can anyone offer suggestions on what to consider when looking at a facial excercise program to purchase? Overall, my skin is in really good condition (I am only 36) but I think the muscles underneath are slacking.

I am also starting to get marionette lines and NL folds that I want to address. I am also crossing my fingers that one can help me address the " turkey gobble" under my chin....

Can someone help me figure out what I should look for? This is new to me and there are not a lot of articles on the subject. Thanks in advance!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2689
Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I'd say hunt around and look to see where others your age and with your issues are going and getting results.

Here's an article though I found about in which it describes what to look for:

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/5-things-to-look-for-in-a-facial-exercise-program

For me I’d also expand the list to include

1, Support, you want one that’s going to be able to answer any questions you have, or support you whilst your learning or give you advice

2. Has ways of advancing your workouts. You don’t want one that you do forever without any changes, because as time goes by your face will change and so you want to change your workout too.

3. Time and ease. You want one that you can do every day without spending hours.

4. One that has the dvd that demo’s all the stuff. It was so frustrating in the older days to have programs that only demo’d a few of the exercises, as even us old timers (that’s me) were doing them to the best of our ability and getting them wrong.

5. Has information about anything that might stop you getting results from food to things like sleeping etc.
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using CFF for 2 months and my turkey waddle has gone! Also my neck has firmed up incredibly - no more crepey skin and the two horizontal lines are almost invisible, even in the harsh midday sunlight reflected in my car's visor mirror!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2689
Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 am      Reply with quote
HippoMe I thought you were doing Ageless too - have you stopped that, as didn't you get good results from that one also?
HippoMe wrote:
I have been using CFF for 2 months and my turkey waddle has gone! Also my neck has firmed up incredibly - no more crepey skin and the two horizontal lines are almost invisible, even in the harsh midday sunlight reflected in my car's visor mirror!
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi TM

I still do two of the Ageless exercises - the 'Kiss' and the 'Head High'. I also do some exercises from FE - Upper Lid Extension, Teeth Clencher, Triangul and all the Isotonics, but I can not be doing with all the thumbs-in-the-mouth-stuff and the program is just too long for me to remember. Carolyn has one exercise where I use my thumb in my mouth and this I can manage. I really am very happy with CFF, it's quick and effective.

I have had my Galvanic Spa for a month now too and I am loving the glow and texture of my skin. I am also using the Spa's hair attachment every morning and somehow my hair is just more manageable. As to whether there is any extra growth, time will tell.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2689
Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh that makes more sense.

Funny as I hate Carolyns thumb in mouth one, wherey our pulling in the 3 different directions, just feels so wrong to me. I like FlexEffects thumb one where your pushing out and then pulling it back against the thumb as I can feel it.

What does the hair attachment thing do? I need one of those by the sounds of it Laughing
HippoMe wrote:
I still do two of the Ageless exercises - the 'Kiss' and the 'Head High'. I also do some exercises from FE - Upper Lid Extension, Teeth Clencher, Triangul and all the Isotonics, but I can not be doing with all the thumbs-in-the-mouth-stuff and the program is just too long for me to remember. Carolyn has one exercise where I use my thumb in my mouth and this I can manage. I really am very happy with CFF, it's quick and effective.

I have had my Galvanic Spa for a month now too and I am loving the glow and texture of my skin. I am also using the Spa's hair attachment every morning and somehow my hair is just more manageable. As to whether there is any extra growth, time will tell.
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Ageless was the first program I used and I loved it. As I learnt more about facial exercise programs and how my skin reacts to the various exercises I began to branch out and experiment with other techniques and programs. As others have said on the forum, we are all different and what we want and get from the exercises is totally different and individual.

The Galvanic Spa booklet says very little about the hair attachment ... "This technologically advanced treatment helps your hair look and feel more abundant". A male friend of mine who sells the Spa has a full head of hair and his skin looks great, he does not look his 51. I don't use the recommended treatment product with the Spa as it is too expensive. Instead I use Redken's 'Hair Advance Scalp Revive'. For the skin treatment I use Miracle II Neutraliser Gel and Miracle II Skin Moisturiser, both great products. I also use their Moisturising Soap btw, lovely in the shower with a loofah!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2689
Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Definitely - that mirrors mine. I suspect that no matter what program anyone does, they always add to it – even the pros probably do the same.

So am I right in thinking the galvanic spa just pushes things in deeper. Can imagine they’re costly.

HippoMe wrote:
Ageless was the first program I used and I loved it. As I learnt more about facial exercise programs and how my skin reacts to the various exercises I began to branch out and experiment with other techniques and programs. As others have said on the forum, we are all different and what we want and get from the exercises is totally different and individual.

The Galvanic Spa booklet says very little about the hair attachment ... "This technologically advanced treatment helps your hair look and feel more abundant". A male friend of mine who sells the Spa has a full head of hair and his skin looks great, he does not look his 51. I don't use the recommended treatment product with the Spa as it is too expensive. Instead I use Redken's 'Hair Advance Scalp Revive'. For the skin treatment I use Miracle II Neutraliser Gel and Miracle II Skin Moisturiser, both great products. I also use their Moisturising Soap btw, lovely in the shower with a loofah!
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
You're looking at about £270.00 for the Spa system https://www.nuskin.com/content/nuskin/en_GB/products/nuskin/galvanic_spa/97101332.html

... and yes, I think the main object of it is to push ingredients deeper into the skin (or pull them out on the negative program (there are 5 programs)).

I use the face program 3x a week before my morning shower - I do shower the other 4 days a week too Wink. It takes me 6 minutes from start to finish. Then after my shower I do the hair program which takes another 3 minutes, but this I do 5x a week.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm My current fav isn't on the List. Rose Tran's facial yoga is marvelous. I feel her exercises more than I felt any other programs.
And her exercises seem to build a nice look for me.
Everyone is different
And I agree that Flex Effect is a nice program and very comprehensive however it wasn't the total fix for me - too much build over time - in the wrong places (for me). Glad it seems to be the ticket for you. I do love Claudia (so helpful) and I think there are some marvelous exercises - cheeks especially. The thumb in the mouth stuff doesn't bother me a bit.

Carole Maggio's lip and nose exercises cannot be beat.
Lou Lou's Ageless is easy to do anywhere.

There are some wonderful "single" exercises for a quickie lift out there that I do at stoplights.

Rose's program provides a wonderful lift and tone and a lovely graceful look to the face. She has a 3 minute that is out of this world. But it takes me longer than 3 minutes.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
tanyasusie
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 65
Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the responses! So much good information for me to read up on and consider. From what I have read so far, it does seem like this is going to be trial and error-sort of like facial care products. What works for everyone is different.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Decleor 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (200 ml / 7.5 oz) RevitaLash Brow-Perfecting Mini Kit (3 items) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)