Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Organic OTC Retin A Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really into organic or at least pure ingredient products that are not full of a bunch of junk inactive ingredients. I really want to add a vitamin A serum to my routine! The thing though is I don't want to spend money to go to a derm and get a prescription and also don't want to spend a fortune on an OTC product. I want it to have the purest ingredients with a high concentration of an active vitamin A and not be too expensive. Problem is I'm not too sure such a dream product exists, yet it's worth asking in case anyone has come across something that is the closest to this description? The best I coukd find was this pure skin junkie product though it doesn't even say what the % is or what the list of ingredients are on it's site and it's $100!!! I'm looking for something under $50
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A is not the same as Vitamin A. Retin-A is much more active and effective than Vitamin A is at preventing wrinkles and breakouts. Usually the OTC version of Retin-A is retinol which can be purchased from many brands though I have never come across any that are organic. If you want, you can just order vitamin A as retinyl palmitate from a store such as lotioncrafters and mix it into your moisturizer, or you can check out the DIY section for more options
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Look into Garden of Wisdom or NCN's retinol.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/alltransretinol.html
http://ncnskincare.com/anti-aging-products-c-3/strongest-all-trans-retinol-1-0-2-0-p-28

Both are the closest possible to organic, and without unnecessary fillers. The % retinol is also stated. Retinol won't be as strong as prescription Retin-A, but will be stronger than DIY retinyl palmitate.

Oh and both have the most amazing CS! Very Happy
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Those sound like good options. I think I found just what I'm looking for though, Osmosis Boost. It's .2% retinaldehyde. Yet what the heck is 'epidermal growth factor'? Sounds kinda odd!

http://www.osmosisskincare.com/Boost.aspx
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom has a great Retinol product cant remember the name but it's resurfacing and pure.
DJano

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 am      Reply with quote
There was a time when I was looking for this too. But as you said, it really is a dream product.

Rosehip Seed Oil is supposed to have *some* natural retinoic acid, but this has been disputed. It's organic and comparatively cheap though, but however much vitamin a it might have, it won't be as effective as Retin-A.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
There is no way you will find Retin A organic. I mean really, it is a chemical compound, not derived from plants or animals that can be raised or grown organic. And retinol is not the same
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |