Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin-A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I did a search for Retin-A and nothing came up so I guess it is okay to ask. Has anyone bought it on-line and if so, is it the same thing? I am 50 and need something stronger than OTC at this point. Any advice will be appreciated!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Strange you didn't find anything - there are countless topics on Retin-A. But yes, people usually buy it from alldaychemist, but beware of potential scams and fraud from giving your card information to this site.

Read this:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32824&start=25&sid=e108bd3016f5b82bf44505946285823c

And to answer your question, yes it is the same thing as prescription ones
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I've got a couple of questions about retin a:

Can you use an AHA and a vit c serum in the morning if using retin a at night?

When using retin a, should you have a night off if you use a mask or is it okay to continue as normal and apply retin a before bed?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes AHA and Vit C can be used at opposite ends of the day, just not together. Vit C is an acid so it might deactivate tretinoin but can't say for sure. Best to just avoid putting them on together just to be safe.

It's really up to how your skin feels after using the mask. If it starts feeling really dry, I'd hold back on the Retin-A for a bit. But as long as you are careful to wash off the mask entirely, you shouldn't have a problem with Retin-A
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you oasisjc, I've not used any products other than obagi, retin a and ss since the beginning of May, I'll be finishing the obagi at the end of this month and just wanted to check on what I could add to my regi.

Sorry but I have another Q, could I use an AHA, vit c serum and copper peptides in the AM or would that be overkill?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
You cannot use either AHA or vit C with copper peptides because the CPs will get inactivated. As well, I think you may be using too many collagen-stimulating ingredients although that's just my opinion. I don't know what that can do to you, but you certainly wouldn't want to over-excite your collagen-producing cells. If I were you, I would only choose two of those ingredients, especially since you're using Retin-A because Retin-A alone is already very stimulating for collagen production.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc - You can use acids like AHA or BHA w/ CPs - at least the 2nd generation ones. It's the GHK that you shouldn't use acids w/ because that's the fragile one (it's the 1st gen CP)

On using vit C w/ CPs - it use to be advised to not use vit C w/ them, but SB has been changing up their advice on that lately. I still go by the old theories, though and don't use them at the same time of day. FYI (and based on the old theory) - it's the GHK that would not work w/ vit C (the low pH/high acid of the vit C would break down the fragile GHK) OR it's the 2nd gen CPs that could inactivate the vit C. So-it's best to use them at separate times of the day: say AM for vit C and PM for CPs.

I would also agree that's its best to not introduce too many different products at the same time. If you want to try something new, defintely do it ONE at a time so you can watch for reactions to it (esp the negative ones).

Using an exfoliant like an AHA w/ a product like Retin A might be too irritating for your skin and you'll probably get a lot of flakies or redness. Vit C is also low in pH and can cause irritation - so that might not be good to try right away. Copper peptides are known for their anti-inflammatory response, so they are actually good to use w/ products that might cause that. But, with all products, watch out for reactions and introduce them s-l-o-w-l-y.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Interested in this as well. Was reading a thread about it earlier and apparently you can purchase it from alldaychemist.
lavender

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
When using retin-A, you shouldn't use vit-c, AHA or BHA. Retin-A is very strong lotion. It will make your skin peel off and look like an eggs. You also need to put on super creamy lotion/cream to protect your skin. Also with very effect sunscreen. Avoid sun light.

When I use retin-a, I put on anti sun light hat to cover my face. Put on SPF 30-50 sunscreen and re-apply every 3 hours. Also, I'll put on super creamy cream after apply retin-a, which the cream I cannot use normally due to too greasy.

After a month of peel off, your skin just look like an egg (or like a baby). Suggest you apply retin-a for one month and then stop one month to see the effect. If you cannot see any effect, then try another month. You must see it.

But retin-a result cannot last long, that means when you stop using it. Yours skin will back to normal. So, it is not a long term skincare remedy.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
lavender wrote:
When using retin-A, you shouldn't use vit-c, AHA or BHA. Retin-A is very strong lotion. It will make your skin peel off and look like an eggs. You also need to put on super creamy lotion/cream to protect your skin. Also with very effect sunscreen. Avoid sun light.

When I use retin-a, I put on anti sun light hat to cover my face. Put on SPF 30-50 sunscreen and re-apply every 3 hours. Also, I'll put on super creamy cream after apply retin-a, which the cream I cannot use normally due to too greasy.

After a month of peel off, your skin just look like an egg (or like a baby). Suggest you apply retin-a for one month and then stop one month to see the effect. If you cannot see any effect, then try another month. You must see it.

But retin-a result cannot last long, that means when you stop using it. Yours skin will back to normal. So, it is not a long term skincare remedy.

Actually I wouldn't stop after a month of application. If you do this, the next time you start up, you'll just end up peeling all over again and basically restarting the process, including the initial breakout. For Retin-A, it's important to stay consistent with your application, especially since it can take up to a year for one to see results, which is why I'm against stopping after a month
alldaychemist210

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Strange you didn't find anything - there are countless topics on Retin-A. But yes, people usually buy it from alldaychemist, but beware of potential scams and fraud from giving your card information to this site.

And to answer your question, yes it is the same thing as prescription ones

Please note that we have already moved our website on a secure server and the transactions are done on a secure Bank server. However if anyone still have concern about the security, they can use prepaid VISA (but it should be valid for International purchase) or eCheck/ Money order/ Check etc.. Thanks ADC Team
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |