Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Saggy Eye Lid, Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
matsdm

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies,
What are you doing for a very saggy upper eye...can't even wear eye makeup anymore...
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Look into using Dermaroller, Cp *ghk*, emu oil and taking MSM + vitamin C powder to start Smile
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend CP"s too, but take it very very slowly as they are strong.

I have used Skin Biology's Premier Eyes and now have progressed onto SS Cream, but it has taken me nearly 8 months to build up to that.

Have a read of the Copper Peptides thread, lots of information on there. My eyes have definitely firmed up.

I also use LED which I find helpful, its always an ongoing battle!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I would recommend CP"s too, but take it very very slowly as they are strong.

I have used Skin Biology's Premier Eyes and now have progressed onto SS Cream, but it has taken me nearly 8 months to build up to that.

Have a read of the Copper Peptides thread, lots of information on there. My eyes have definitely firmed up.

I also use LED which I find helpful, its always an ongoing battle!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Don't have saggy eyelids but if I did, I would be looking into facial exercises as well as the other things mentioned as I have seen amazing things from them. Here's a free one from Eva Fraser:

http://www.evafraser.com/facial_fitness.html
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will try those eye lid exercises.
I do not have saggy eyelids yet- but want to prevent that.

I get puffy eyes easily though,so use a eye gel w caffeine in it in the morning and that works well for me.

Do the CP's really work at firming skin?
Any brand to reccomend?

I know if/when I do get saggy eyelids, I will be running to the cosmetic surgeon to get my eyes done again Wink
I actually have had surgery 2x on one eye as one of my eyes did not look even enough, but that did not work as well, so now am supposed to go for eye surgery again....sometime.

Oh- if you get eyelid surgery, usually you are awake-the doctor I saw just used local freezing on my eye and nothing else...it was pretty horrible to hear everything he was doing too Shock
And then you look like you were punched in the face for a few weeks too Sad
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Botox injected into the brow will help lift the eye lid droop & open your eyes a lot. It really does make a difference but unfortunately it's a avenue you may not want to do
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Botox injected into the brow will help lift the eye lid droop & open your eyes a lot. It really does make a difference but unfortunately it's a avenue you may not want to do

That's interesting,did not know that.

I was also told that people with certain health issues or kidney problems should not get botox because it was not tested on people with those conditions.
This was over 5 years ago I was told this...so who knows now. It was a eye surgeon/doctor who told me this.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I was really surprised that Botox had this effect, it came as a complete surprise to me. I had my first Botox injection done a year ago, I'm not really sure why as I don't have a lot of lines. I only had 16 units injected into the frown line, between the eyebrows, which is a very small amount, the usual amount is 20 units. By the time the injection took effect, it wasn't the frown I noticed it was the fact my eyes suddenly appeared more open!! My eye lids lifted and any sagging disappeared. I went back to ask my DR who told me when Botox is injected under the arch of the brow the brow line is lifted upward pulling the eye lid up and suddenly you get a more open look. The eye lid starts to sag with age and gravity. This creates a temporary lift which really opens your face. I now get it done only to lift the sag and to open my eyes up and not for the frown as this wasn't a problem. I can honestly tell you the effects it makes on my face is amazing. I never realised how much your eye lids sag and age you till you see how you look when your eyes appear more open. It was something completely new I learnt about what Botox can do!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I know that you can have the opposite results as well -- droopy eyelids from botox. I don't know why that is. If you don't want to risk it, you can have a filler injected just above the brow bone to lift your upper lid and give your eyebrows a nice arch. Again, it depends on the skill and eye of your doctor.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have no experience with botox but I have had upper eye lids lift and totally smooth out with facial exercises and also with the use of Safetox device. My eyes responding for facial exercises within the first couple of weeks. Also I had gotten to the point that I had a little crepey skin on the upper eye lid and would shy away from eye shadow with any frost to it....seemed to make it show worse. Now my lids are completely smooth and the lid is strong and lifted...I can wear any eye shadow I want. My case wasn't severe, but I know people that did have a serious problem and went with the surgical approach and have done really well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
It's was interesting to hear about the use of fillers can create the same effect. Fillers would last longer than Botox. It's true Botox can also produce the opposite effect and cause droopy eye lids. That's why you need to have a really good Dr. I also think because the number of units being used was really minimal also helped. It was just enough and placed in the right position to give the desired result.

I never tried excerises as I never noticed how my eye lids looked till I had the Botox done and was shocked by my eyes looked after it. It then suddenly made me realised how much your face lights up again when your eyes appear more open. I decided after the initial injection all the $ spent on creams etc can be put towards Botox which was a better investment because it worked for me!
matsdm

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
My saggy upper eye is inherited from my Grandmother...I do exercises, etc...I use firiming creams....
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 am      Reply with quote
There is a product that is basically a piece of sticky clear plastic that you put on your upper eyelid and it holds it in place. Supposedly developed for movie stars many years ago as a temporary fix. Anyone recall the name?

As for surgery, you have to be careful because many doctors take away too much fat and skin which causes your eyes to recede into your head, giving you a hollow look. The newest methods are to reposition the fat back to where it belongs. If you look at young women, they have fat above and below their eyes.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Softskin, the product is called Frownies. Sold at softsurrounding.com for one place. Have not used myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
There is a product that is basically a piece of sticky clear plastic that you put on your upper eyelid and it holds it in place. Supposedly developed for movie stars many years ago as a temporary fix. Anyone recall the name?

Is this it?

http://www.eyemagic.net/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Is this it?

http://www.eyemagic.net/

That's it!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Those sticky strips eye magic look kind of neat.
But the older looking people on the site, some of them look like they have puffy eyes.

I know in Canada, if you can find a doctor who does eye surgeries at a hospital...and convince him that your eyelids are bothering your vision- it can possible be covered by the ohip/health insurance that all Canadians are supposed to have.

But then you most likely have to have your surgery at a hospital, but just at a walk in part of the hospital or clinic.

I know this as the eye doctor I saw (who also happens to only specialize in eye and cosmetic eye surgery)...he filled out some paper/special request.
No idea exactly what he wrote though Wink

But I guess some people, they do not want to have any surgeries,so other options are good too.
For myself anyways,I don't really care...maybe that is how most "young people" are today maybe?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Botox for a cosmetic eye lift. Looking into facial exercises.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Don't have saggy eyelids but if I did, I would be looking into facial exercises as well as the other things mentioned as I have seen amazing things from them. Here's a free one from Eva Fraser:
[link removed because I cannot yet quote or post links--Nonie]

I totally agree with TheresaMary.

Although my hooded lids never really bothered me, nor did I know anything about makeup and that it would look better if my eyes were not hooded, I started face exercises when I was 20 and slowly changed my hereditary hooded eyes into what they are today. I didn't even know that any changes were taking place, since it wasn't a change I was seeking. It was only when I read Deborah Crowley's article about hooded lids and that face exercises can make makeup not go on as Morse Code that I wondered if they had had any effect on my eyes. I found a photo when I was twenty and was floored to see that indeed my eyes were not always as they are today. My baby photos and those of my family clearly show what sort of eyes run in my family.

I did it using Eva's program that TheresaMary just mentioned. If you look at Andrea's before/after photos on the Flex Effect website, you will notice that the skin above her eyelids was also hanging over her eyes but that changed with face exercises.

While I haven't used copper peptides, on the Skin Bio website, the before/after photos also show the positive effects they have on the eyes. I understand you really do have to go easy when you first start them. The team at Skin Bio and also current users on the forum can give advice on how to use the products to reap the best results.

Since I'm new, I cannot post links to my photos but if anyone is interested and reminds me down the road, I'll be happy to post them to show you that it is possible. Of course the earlier you start the better, but on Carolyn's Facial Fitness site, there are a few people whose eyes have changed from the exercises. If you look at my photos there, the photo of when I was twenty shows you eyes that are different from what I have now.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I can post the links to show the eyes that Nonie is talking about
Nonie's before/after photos Carolyn Cleaves,Facial Fitness site

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/nonie

Andrea's before/after photos on the Flex Effect website

http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter2.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Blepharoplasty. Works like a charm. My husband and two friends had it, and I plan on it as well when time comes. Nothing works as well, most other things are a waste of time and money when compared to a bleph.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Posted by Toby for Nonie.......Nonie thought pics might help clarify what she meant about exercises being able to change hereditary traits of hooded eyes:

Nonie's Dad's eyes:

Nonie's Mom's eyes:

Nonie's sister's eyes when she was twenty:

My eyes when I was twenty:

My eyes when I was two:

My eyes nowadays, thanks to face exercises:

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
wow! thats amazing nonie! you can really see a big difference... you have very pretty eyes in before and after photos by the way : )
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the Botox. I had it almost 4 months ago for the frown lines, & was amazed at how my lids got a nice lift. It just looks like my brows are nicely arched. They aren't bad to begin with, but it just made me look tired.

Also, I had both upper & lower bleph at 44, I was was pretty puffy underneath & starting to sag on the uppers. I have a thyroid condition & I believe was the cause. I'm 60 now, and the lowers still look as good as right after I had it done, & I also have no smile crinkles at all. It's the upper ones that are starting to droop again. But right now, it could be the horrible heat we have going on here. I tend to get puffier when it's hot.

So, I figure Botox 3x a year I can deal with. Around $600.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |