Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Do-It-Yourself Anti-Aging Skin Care Infopack
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Did anyone ever fork out the 9 dollars for this.

http://www.smartskincare.com/infopacks/infopack2.html

Looks like it must be interesting and his anti-aging pack considering the information on the site has taught me a thing or two already.

M
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
sorry molly, I know nothing about that site.

Looks interesting, and inexpensive if it is a bunch of crap. You probably could find all the info online, but that would take time to dig up.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Anxious
that would be me when I first got online 2 years ago!
I've already posted his recipie for C serum and the rest are basically breaking capsules of ALA, DMAE, vit e etc into creams. the one he does on antiaging is interesting, though it scared me off exfoliating and retinol in case I hit the Hayflick limit early Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the antiaging and the DIY skincare infopack. I have to say, a lot of what he says makes quite a bit of sense. And I really like that he doesn't sell any skincare products or endorse any himself, so you really are getting an unbiased perspective. However, it's only his opinion.

I don't agree with everything he says, but since he is far more educated in the field of cell growth and biology than I am, I'm going to at least listen to what he has to say on the subject.

I have made a couple of his DIY items and so far have found it very easy, very inexpensive and I really like them. Haven't used them long enough to see any long term benefits. One thing for sure, you won't find any miracle cures in them.

As for the infopacks, personally I think they were worth it. If you are interested in DIY skin care (A lot of people aren't), you'll probably like them too. I haven't purchased the eye care one. He also has a new forum which although seems to be quite technical at times, is also quite informative.
Hope this helps!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dianne

Thanks for that. Actually, I think it will be useful. I tried a few years ago to make some Vit C and lipoic acid serums, but it's not as easy as it sounds and I burnt my face to hell. I like the idea of DIY and control. I think I'll be adding a few vitamins to my arsenal.

Guapagirl what the hell is 'the Hayflick limit'? Maybe I've been away from native English for too long. Now I'm worrying that I might hit it too, but I don't know what it is. Sad something new to worry about.

M
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
the hayflic limit is when fibroblasts stop producing collagen or something...the theory is is that they can only reproduce so many times and if you do stuff like exfoliation that increases cell turnover then you may hit it sooner and end up with thin saggy skin Shock
I have heard about here only, so it may just be a load of bull, but I stopped using all retinols and reduced the amount of exfoliation as a result, just to be sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the entire info-pack a couple or so weeks ago, but haven't had much time to look them over. I did read about the hayflick limit though....ewww....scary! I want to ask my derm about it next appointment. Geez, and I am just finally getting good results from skincare through daily AHA's and weekly lactic peels. What's a girl to do?

-Cheri
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

Would you mind letting us know what your derm says about this hayflick limit? I'd be interested in hearing just how at risk we really are.

Thanks!
Dianne
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
Hi Cheri,

Would you mind letting us know what your derm says about this hayflick limit? I'd be interested in hearing just how at risk we really are.

Thanks!
Dianne

Absolutely will do!

-Cheri
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Now I've read about the Hayflick limit I'm really worried about Epidermx. I'm wondering if this limit is affected by more gentle exfoliation too.

When they say the limit of fibroblasts dividing is 50 times it's seems terribly close and finite.

I think I'll post a question on the DIY infopack forum and I might ask Mr Skinbio too.

The report also says that you shouldn't use copper peptides continuously (like I do) and that overuse can cause skin damage. He says once a day is enough and alternate 2/3 weeks on and off.

I'll report back

M

I
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I can't help thinking that the hayflick limit is theoretical...I mean he actually recommends the use of ahas etc! I didn't see the bit about CPs causing long term damage! I've been using super cop 2x for about a month on my whole face and I am starting to see results...I'd hate to stop now that the uglies are finally going!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think with the copper peptides he's saying that more is not better. Long term use is fine, just be careful not to overuse because that can cause damage. Once a day only, don't use too much at a time, and to skip a day or two after each week of use. Also, don't apply at the same time as AHA, or retinoids, allow a few hours between them.

Guapagirl I think that too about the hayflick limit. He says "in theory" this can happen and it has only been studied in tissue culture not in living humans. I think that with all of the exfoliating products on the market and with soooooooo many people using them regularly, if this was a very real danger, wouldn't we have heard all about it by now? You'd think all of the dermatologists would be screaming about it.

I for one am still going to cautiously take my chances and use my retin-A, AHA's, epidermx etc. etc. I figure if every scientist's theory that was proven in a test tube worked the same in the human body, we'd have discovered a cure for cancer 50 years ago!

But if anyone has any additional information on it, please let me know quick so I can stop before it's too late Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diane

I don't believe every scientific theory either and I agree on rereading it does look just theoretical, but what worries me is that this is pretty much the first generation of heavy-duty cosmeceutical users so I wonder as we reach our parents' age whether our skin will degrade even worse than theirs.

I haven't had time to post my questions about the Hayflick yet. I want to look into it properly and ask the right questions, but I will.

Hi Guapagirl

I'm intrigued by your CP use. You seem to have moved up to Supercop x 2 really quickly. Did you get no irritation? What did your uglies consist of? What improvements have you seen? I'm wondering because maybe It's time I tried some of the strong stuff again.

Thanks
Molly
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly
I got a sample of the SCX2 and started using on lower cheeks to test for irritation. After a couple of weeks I used ove my whole face excluding eye area, still fine and so I am now using all over including eye area will no ill effects...so far!
I have been dong this for abpout 2-3 weeks and the crepey skin I had around my eyes from the CP serum has now started to clear. I do have a odd texture over my face at the moment, but it kinda looks like my skin is thickening. I look dreadfull in the mornings!, but after my C serums and ATX and moisturiser, I look pretty good. My skin tone has improved that am thinking about cutting back on makeup! I think that is the C serum though.
All that said, I don't use AHA/BHA, or the retinol stuff in the way recommended, though I may start to later on. I only use it at night after I have washed my face using a microdermabrasion cloth (it is very old and nowhere near as harsh as when new!). I then apply pure emu oil over the top. If I used the aha/bha and retinol it may have been quicker, but then I may have had irritation from the SCX2.
I kinda feel like I'm groping in the dark...I will take a couple of nights of from CPs though in future!
Liz Cool Cool [/i]

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Was noodling around on the computer today trying to find info on this hayflick limit and came across some interesting sites regarding L-carnosine. Could it be that just taking carnosine supplements or applying a cream would prevent us serious exfoliators from hitting the hayflick?

http://www.jonbarron.org/documents/brcarnosine.htm

http://www.biovita.fi/english/tuotteet/carnosine_cream.html

Interesting....
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Dianne: Thank you for posting this. I don't have an answer to your question but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a supplement that contains all 3 nurtients that Jon Barron discusses. I went to the link where he has supplements he sells and I could not find one.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Guapagirl. I'm about to reorder from Skinbio (can't live without P&R tried a few days rest and don't like it at all) so I'll give the Superstuff another go. I'm hoping it's reformulated since the first one. It made me itch like crazy. I'm particularly interested in ropey undereyes so please keep us posted.

Dianne
This is really interesting stuff, thanks. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this topical carnosine cream yet and how new it really is. I might post a 'have you tried it' up in the forum.

And the free ebook from the Barron site is a great read, which is why I didn't reply earlier. I've nearly finished it online and my neck's killing me. Maybe I should be thinking more about my colon and less about my face Laughing

Molly
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Dianne: Thank you for posting this. I don't have an answer to your question but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a supplement that contains all 3 nurtients that Jon Barron discusses. I went to the link where he has supplements he sells and I could not find one.

What are the three nutrients?

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
After having all of the following my skin is far from thin. Last January I had artecoll injections for deeper scars. Everytime she poked the needle in she said oh sorry that has to hurt your skin is so thick.

6 glycolic acid peels
3 tca peels
1 dermabrasion
1 erbium laser skin resurfacing
Using Obagi skincare since last January.

After having acne most of my life I was determined to get rid of scarring. It looks like a lot I know but it has been well worth it. While I still see scars (we see what other don't)nobody else would ever believe I had severe acne at one time.

Sherri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Judy:

The 3 nutrients he talks about are: carnosine, DMAE, and acetyl-L-carnitine.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lily

Coincidentally John Barron's just released a new formula with these three in it called 'Ever Young' and it's on special offer through February. (This is info from their mailing list - so just in case you missed it)

It's on this page under 'category D'
http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/index.php?display=products&view=

I'm definitely getting some of that.

M
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm taking carnosine and A-L-Carnitine. I was looking for some dmae when I put in my 1/2 yearly mega mineral order, but they didn't have any where I usually go...I'll defo look for some now after reading that anti aging report thing! Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |