Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hair colour removal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know anything that will remove hair colour? I don't want anything drastic like bleach. I've been colouring my hair for awhile and have noticed that it is getting too dark.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Actually, certain shampoos can remove color deposits from hair! I don’t even know if they still make it, but there used to be a shampoo called ‘Prell’ that one of my hair-stylists likened to floor-wax remover!! ‘Pert’ 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner is another one that’ll strip hair color in a jiffy.

Finally, this is a hint if you ever have a home hair-coloring disaster that you need to fix but don’t have one of those hair-color remover kits: wash your hair in liquid dish detergent (you know, “Dawn” or “Palmolive” dish soap).
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
baking soda will help too!! It's also great for super greasy/dirty hair
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently trying to strip the brown from my hair so that I can be blonde agin (can't wait). My hairdresser has advised me to use head and shoulders or vosene, which is a medicated shampoo in the UK - not sure if you get it in USA. I think most medicated shampoos strip colour to a certain extent. I sympathise with you!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
...My hairdresser has advised me to use head and shoulders...
That's hysterical! Because currently Head & Shoulders has just embarked on a TV ad campaign here in the U.S. that says "British Salons say that H&S is the most moisturizing shampoo you can use -- it's even safe for color-treated hair"!!!! Shock Holy cow, I guess I won't be using H&S any longer -- I have a hard enough time making my dyed red hair keep its color!
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just shows you eh! I have had some awful home & professional hair colouring disasters and washed my hair with Head and Shoulders obsessively to get the colour out. Really bad for my hair to wash it so often - it was soft afterwards, but not in a good way - it was as though it had been stripped of any life/body. Crying or Very sad
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I know how you feel, I am desperate to get my old hair back! I'm holding out till the end of February to go to my hairdresser and hopefully she will make me feel normal again! Not enjoying using Head and Shoulders at all, but desperate times call for desperate measures! Haven't tried Vosene yet, but watch this space............
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Rachael -

Try using some liquid dishwashing soap/detergent to shampoo with. Just do it once and see if it 'lifts' anymore of the hairdye pigment from your hair. But make sure you followup with a good conditioner! You want to strip the old color, but you don't want to make your hair so fragile that you can't color it again later!! But I'm serious: I've used the dishwashing soap trick myself on a botched home-hair dye job and you'd be shocked how much of the dye it lifted!! Just try it.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Ok - I will try that next time I wash my hair. Seriously, just dish washing liquid??!! It won't make my hair fall out will it?!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
No, it won’t make your hair fall out. But remember to use a good conditioner afterward, because it will be a bit drying! And I wouldn’t start using dishsoap to wash your hair with on a regular basis, but it won’t hurt to do it once.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |