Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Kinda off topic but...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
evilMC
5% products discount

Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone here has used a Tawas Crystal Deodrant they will know they are actually quite amazing. I stumbled upon a review in a magazine about them some weeks ago, as an alternative to regular deodrants / antiperspirants, and found them for sale on the web.

Its basically a rock which you wet and rub under your armpits / on your feet / wherever.. and gauranteed there is absolutely no stale odour WHATSOEVER even after hours of heavy sweating. The mineral salts which the rock is composed of is naturally occuring and leaves a "microscopic film of molecules" on the skins surface which completely eliminates the bacteria which cause body odour! (They are not anti-perspirant.. you sweat as normal but you remain odourless!)

Such crystal deodrants have been used in Asia for centuries, and I must say Ive never been quite so impressed with anything so simple in my life! Theyre not very expensive (€10) and last a year or more... Finally a natural solution to the problem of stale 'pits after a few hours work! They dont contain any of the aluminium or nasties regular commercial deodrants do which have been getting such bad press lately for increased odds of getting various diseases.

I know I know unusual product, but its been so remarkable for me I felt I should give it a mention to ppl who have an interest in skincare Smile
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's very important for us, who cares for their skin's health, to know there's wonderful product in the market to keep us smell good ( or at least not too bad :0), after all the effort to make us look good.
lzyshampoo

Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well the Rock helps but what about the sweat patches under the arm?? Those are so embarassing! Any ideas.

Thanks,
LzY
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:48 am      Reply with quote
lzyshampoo,

About those sweat patches...

I've been using "rock" deodorants for many years, ever since the first warnings appeared about anti-perspirants causing breast cancer. There is still no definite verdict on this because it's not the kind of thing a scientist can easily prove or disprove.

So I rely on common sense here. When we sweat under our arms, we get rid of toxins. If you use antiperspirant to plug up those sweat glands, the toxins can't get out. Instead, they get stuck in lymph nodes and breast tissue, which could possibly cause cancer. This makes sense, so I switched to deodorants without anti-perspirant ingredients. (BTW, I think Kiss My Face "Liquid Rock" roll-on is the best!)

Underarm wetness isn't a problem because I avoid wearing silk blouses and other fabrics that really magnify and draw attention to wetness. (Occasionally though, I'll wear a silk or satin evening dress and use antiperspirant for that evening only.)

For what it's worth...Wink
Mabsy

Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I actually find that although the crystal deodorants do not prevent wetness, they don't actually stain white tops yellow at all. Not quite sure why that is. I know that using normal deodorant (or at least many of them) if you do actually sweat then over time you will get yellow stains on your clothes.

With the crystal deodorant even if your clothes have a wet patch (doesn't happen to me often as I don't really sweat all that much - I know I know... I'm weird!) it just dries and there is no stain.

I also like the fact that you don't get white streaks on dark clothes when you dress yourself in the morning. All these things for me outweigh the fact that it doesn't stop me from sweating.

Alohagirl - thanks for the Kiss My Face rec. That sounds a lot easier than using the actual crystal every morning.

Mabsy

ps. At the moment I'm using the Tend Skin deo though - aluminium free as well plus it controls ingrown hairs. I'm still on the first one and it's been.... like....AGES! It just lasts for ever!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Tawas from the Philippines in it's raw unsmooth form, and also the pricier Crystal rock deodorant which has been smoothed out with no rough edges. So no cuts. Wink The best thing is, it is 100% natural and works to control B.O., and it lasts me almost 1.5-2 yrs. The only thing, though is it doesn't control sweating, and after long periods of use, it doesn't work as effectively (on me), so I found I had to take a break from it and then it works again. I've been using Tom's of Maine natural deodorant in Honeysuckle Rose scent for the last couple of years. There is no aluminum, and it goes on invisible (it's clear, not like the powdery ones that give you deodorant balls in your pits-- BOL!). And it works marvelously! Wink
Mabsy

Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:43 am      Reply with quote
"deodorant balls in your pits" paints such a lovely picture! LOL you crack me up Thoughtcrime Smile

I know what you mean about the cuts... Sad Learned the hard way!

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |