Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Liquid Mineral Makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been using mineral makeup for years and love it, but as time ticks on a little I feel it is sitting in the fine lines around my eyes.
I really like a natural product so am hoping someone may be able to recommend a good liquid mineral makeup/ foundation instead of the dry powder version?

Thanks in advance Smile
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
If you use a liquid and then top it with a setting powder won't the setting powder have the same effect? I've found that these foundations only cover up uneven tone and pigmentation while making the texture imperfections worse. It doesn't matter if I use a liquid or a powder as the pigments of the foundation still sit on top of my dead skin cells and everything and just highlights them. Great for telling me how much more aggressive exfoliation and skin care I need yet it looks terrible during the day or any good lighting. For that reason I only use spot concealer where it's needed and no powder during the day at least. Once my skin is better I can use it again if I still even need it then. 

Though my favorite mineral line has been Afterglow and they have an amazing cream eye concealer and also liquid concealer options. Jane Iredale has a liquid foundation though it tends to get clumpy I found. 

http://afterglowcosmetics.com/
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use and really like a lot
Beauty Wise Corrective Liquid Foundation.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I dont believe there is much difference between liquid foundation or liquid mineral foundation. The liquid one is more likely to sit on top of the skin and accentuate fine lines though. Most foundations do accentuate fine lines which is really irritating since even the "anti-aging" formulas also seem to have the same issues.

I was throwing out some useless cosmetics the other day when it dawned on me to mix them all up together and what do you know? The final formulation was incredible, it didn't accentuate fine lines, the liquidy formula actually filled them in, it's also very sheer. Which makes me think, if some lone consumer can make a good quality anti-aging foundation why cant the big brands come up with there own formula Mad Razz
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies Smile

I like the sound of the cream eye concealer you mentioned BYRG (have been looking for a good one for some time)and sigma thanks for the recommendation on the Beauty Wise liquid foundation...
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Monave, Mad Minerals, Emani, Jane Iredale, Aubrey Nicole all have mineral liquid. I find keeping on top of exfoliating helps the dryness and I could go back to mineral powder after having to switch to drugstore liquid.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Youngblood, Glominerals also have liquid mineral.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 am      Reply with quote
On mature skin liquid concealers might be the best option because they lay flatter against the skin. A good one to try is Effecerns by Lancome because it is waterproof so it sets very well without powder.
http://www.lancome-usa.com/Effacernes/025172,default,pd.html?dwvar_025172_color=Beige%20%28Neutral%29%20%20III&start=2&cgid=makeup-concealers
When you are putting it on, use a brush. Use a little bit at a time, and then pat with your finger to blend it. The warmth from your finger will help you blend. If you need more coverage don't get more concealer from the tube, just use what is remaining on the concealer brush. That will keep you from using more than you need.

If you prefer cream concealers instead, Use a lightweight eye cream first. Many times the dryness in the skin absorbs the moisture out of the concealer causing it to crack before it can totally set. So if yours does that try using a lightweight eye cream first as well as the tiniest dab on top of your concealer. It will give you the moisture that you need, and help it to blend smoother. Follow it with a clean, damp makeup sponge. Wait for a moment to see if you need to do any more patting. If your concealer looks good, then use RICE powder on top to set it. Rice powder is very very thin, so you don't have powder build up under the eye. Brush the powder under the eye, and then PRESS the powder into the skin with a velour puff, or a sponge wedge. This will make it SET, and keep it from sitting on top of your concealer thus undoing all of your hard work.

Also, have tried an under eye primer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nancy from NCN has a good liquid mineral foundation.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just chiming in... I've always like mineral make up as an option. Then, I watched a Dr. Oz show where he warned against using it...saying the fine powder sticks in the little hair like fibers in the lungs. He is of the opinion that the small particles stay in the lungs..too small to be expelled.
It has made me think twice about ever using it or any loose powder. So..I'm all about the liquid stuff... I'd love to hear more about what is good.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Another thumbs up for this one...I have been using it for over two years and find that it more than adequately surpasses all my skin needs. I apply it with a brush, reapplying in those areas that might need a bit more coverage on that day. The formulation is filled with goodies like aloe and DMAE and is not greasy or heavy feeling at all. I am 47 with occasional adult acne so I am very, very picky about my foundation!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Just chiming in... I've always like mineral make up as an option. Then, I watched a Dr. Oz show where he warned against using it...saying the fine powder sticks in the little hair like fibers in the lungs. He is of the opinion that the small particles stay in the lungs..too small to be expelled.
It has made me think twice about ever using it or any loose powder. So..I'm all about the liquid stuff... I'd love to hear more about what is good.

Interesting...I had never heard that before but I suppose it makes sense..
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this qualifies as a liquid mineral make up, but it's similar.

http://mvorganics.com/_product_83436/Moisturizing_Face_Screen%2c_SPF_30_-_Light_Tint

It's technically a zinc sunscreen, but it is tinted and I use it instead of a foundation. It's got just the right about of cover for me. It feels light and sinks in matte. It's one of my favorites.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I also use mineral makeup powder, but recently decided to try a liquid version as the results are smoother and the finish softer especially if my skin is more drier. After using both I now have to agree the powder version starts to look a bit cakey, it only looks ok for me during the hotter months. The Jane Iredale mineral makeup, although it looks a bit strange in the bottle is good. I actually found using my fingers rather than a brush or sponge gives a better finish. It's provides a very lightweight sheer texture, also a good foundation primer makes a difference to the finish result.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 am      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Monave, Mad Minerals, Emani, Jane Iredale, Aubrey Nicole all have mineral liquid. I find keeping on top of exfoliating helps the dryness and I could go back to mineral powder after having to switch to drugstore liquid.

Love Emani Minerals we use it at the spa, I'm not a huge user of mineral liquid foundation but am a huge fan of powder foundation.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Another thumbs up for this one...I have been using it for over two years and find that it more than adequately surpasses all my skin needs. I apply it with a brush, reapplying in those areas that might need a bit more coverage on that day. The formulation is filled with goodies like aloe and DMAE and is not greasy or heavy feeling at all. I am 47 with occasional adult acne so I am very, very picky about my foundation!

Another vote from me too!! I use NCN's Sheer Tint Mineral Makeup and it's perfect for my mature skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Interesting info! I'm so addicted to the Colorscience sunfogettable mineral powder... but if it were dangerous then the FDA would look into that and proscribe using face powders all together?

hotdocgirl wrote:
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
yeah..about the potential danger of mineral powder make up? . what struck me when I watched the Dr. Oz show....is that in my town a famous baker just died. Her inner circle told me it was from lung problems due to all the flour she has inhaled over the years. I put two and two together..and I don't want to chance it. The particles are so fine that your lungs can't expel them.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
yeah..about the potential danger of mineral powder make up? . what struck me when I watched the Dr. Oz show....is that in my town a famous baker just died. Her inner circle told me it was from lung problems due to all the flour she has inhaled over the years. I put two and two together..and I don't want to chance it. The particles are so fine that your lungs can't expel them.

I don't use powders any more because they don't suit my mature skin. However, face powder has been around for centuries. In fact, past generations of women used much more face powder on their faces than we do now - every woman would have a powder compact in her purse. So I think saying that the use of powder causes lung disease is rather alarmist - honestly, it's getting so every single thing that we use kills us!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
What if I close my nose while applying powder? Cool
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
mmm yes..let's ignore that 40 to 45 year old life span of the old days. lol.
but yes..I think holding your breath as you apply would be a great solution.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I always hated the loose powders because they were so messy and dust particles would get all up in the air. I'm very careful now to keep the jar away from my face and just get a small amount on my finger or brush before even bringing it to my face. Just have to be careful.
rain
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I have found a good mineral make up foundation which I use during the day as a brush on powder. If I need a smoother finish, I mix a little of the powder, in my hands, with my arcs oil and it becomes a liquid foundation. The oil is very light and soaks easily into the skin giving a very smooth finish. I don't use it during the day because it looks too perfect! The argan and cactus seed oil help to firm the skin and this is probably why I don't have any problems with the lines around my eyes. I like the area around my eyes to be light. If it's too heavy I am sure it will cause stretching and wrinkles.
I also use a black soap made with only argan oil and eucalyptus oil to exfoliate. It is excellent and removes all dead skin. I then use a white mask to remove impurities. Then I apply the arcs oil, which I use every night without fail.I used to use an apricot scrub but found that it was scratching my skin and causing more problems.
estysteph
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I love Illuminare. They have 3 different formulas for drier skin, oilier skin, or concealer coverage. The application pad is key! Sometimes I just put a dab in my SS and I have a light coverage tinted suncreen. Love it!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |