Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Asian Women Secret: shaving... but how ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonlight191991

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I've just discovered today that asian women (japanese and chinese in particular) shave their facial hair (EVERY INCH OF IT!) and body hair on a regular basis. I have to say WOW! how come they do that and they never get ingrowns that appear like black dots? and how come their skin doesn't darken or anything of the sort? Is there any "secret" to it??
does anybody know?

Sincerely,
an astonished girl Neutral
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Where did you get that? I was under the impression the typical Chinese (from China in particular) do not do anything about body hair. Question Confused

Threading is quite common. But that's for face.
Moonlight191991

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
alas I cannot post "external links" since I'm a new member here but the video was called "happy happy go shaving day" try searching it on youtube and you'll see yourself what I'm talking about. also I did find a number of posts from asian girls on the internet talking this as a whole "traditional" hair removal method that is passed on from one generation to the next. you won't find alot of topics about it on the internet though.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
You might be interested in this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=19049

Shaving the face is more common than you might think!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
i find waxing works really well. the more I do it the less hair i find comes over time and thinner as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
joti wrote:
i find waxing works really well. the more I do it the less hair i find comes over time and thinner as well.

Agreed, however, shaving the face is more about the benefits of exfoliation than hair removal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I see the video, it is from Japan.

Moonlight191991 wrote:
alas I cannot post "external links" since I'm a new member here but the video was called "happy happy go shaving day" try searching it on youtube and you'll see yourself what I'm talking about. also I did find a number of posts from asian girls on the internet talking this as a whole "traditional" hair removal method that is passed on from one generation to the next. you won't find alot of topics about it on the internet though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I see something put on the face in the video, anyone know what is this. face cream or shaving cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Omg! hehehehe... Laughing I just watched that video and I was so nervous for that girl with the blade on her eyelids Shock then around near her throat! That would need to be done by a very talented person!

But yes, I too would wonder about the regrowth and ingrown hairs!

I would love to have this done as I have quite a bit of peach fuzz! lol luckily my fuzz is blonde - it concerns me but my husband says he cant notice it!

I loved this comment in the comments section under the video: 'This dude needs to flip the razor around and shave his freakin monkey lookin knuckles!' - lmao... Laughing
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I'd love to get that done ("happy happy..."). It's a much gentler choice for eyebrows, too, than any kind of plucking.

I do shave the lower part of my face, and the middle of my forehead (where I can without endangering my hairline). Gets rid of peach fuzz (I'm blonde, my facial hairs are almost clear) but even better is the exfoliation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow Pluto! I may have to give this a go! Wink
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
haha!

btw, I found Tinkle Razors at the DS (and I see you can google them up). They're little blades on long handles. I tried them for between my eyebrows. They weren't wonderful, but better than nothing to get at least those hard-to-shave hairs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:43 am      Reply with quote
My dh is Palestinian... is that Asian?

Anyways, Arab women traditional remove all hair, from the upper lip down to the toes. They traditionally use a sugar "wax" but nowadays a lot of women use an epilator or even deplitaory cream.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
In general, most asian women usually don't have much hair, so basically don't shave at all, unless something bothers them on the face or body.... I don't know where you got this info, maybe a few asian women, but majority don't shave at all.....

Moonlight191991 wrote:
I've just discovered today that asian women (japanese and chinese in particular) shave their facial hair (EVERY INCH OF IT!) and body hair on a regular basis. I have to say WOW! how come they do that and they never get ingrowns that appear like black dots? and how come their skin doesn't darken or anything of the sort? Is there any "secret" to it??
does anybody know?

Sincerely,
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Asian women (Chinese, Korean, etc) generally dont have much hair. We dont really shave etc, as we dont have much.

However, for eyebrows etc, we dont use wax. We normally prefer to eyebrow plucking, or eyebrow threading (its an indian method of using special thread to pluck out the unwanted hairs)
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Asian women usually don't have enough hair to shave!!! Smile I don't know where you got that info! Smile

Moonlight191991 wrote:
does anybody know?

Sincerely,
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
You can't generalise about such a huge continent's amount of and attitude to body hair - it varies massively even within Europe which is fairly small. Ladies from some Asian countries (eg. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) are very interested in hair removal, face and body. Threading, waxing and electrolysis are huge business in any UK city with a significant population of those with south Asian heritage.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Asian, and I know that most Asian women I know don't shave at all, face, legs, arms. We don't have that much hair, and some that do have a bit of hair, it's hard to see. My mom has no hair at all on her legs it is ridiculous. A friend of mine had only a couple strands under her armpits. They are just ridiculous. I can't attest to Japanese and Chinese though. I don't know a lot of them personally to know what they do. I do have one Japanese woman friend, and she told me she is very hairy and needs to waxed regularly, but she was born here in the US, so she's totally American.
liuliameng
5% products discount

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Moonlight191991 wrote:
does anybody know?

Sincerely,

Because asian women don't have much hair. Only a little
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |