Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oily Skin Care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Peter.A

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I'm 21 from the UK and I have oily/spot prone skin.
Over the past 2 years I have tried loads of different products to help balance my skin and help prevent blemishes. Recently I've been using the Purity rage from Chanel, which I would recommend. So far it has been the only range which has helped balance my oily skin and the Mattyfying Fluid is the only moisturiser I've found which doesn't leave a greasy residue on my face.

Unfortunately it costs over £100 for the 3 products I use, and as I'm not made of money I can't really afford to spend that amount. So I wanted to know of any other products possibly similar to what I already use but much less expensive? Or what other people with oily skin use to control shine and blemishes?

At the Moment I use:
Anti-Pollution Foaming Gel Cleanser, Mattifying Toner, Mattifying Fluid - All from Chanel

St Ives Apricot scrub (I use it every other day, because my skin looks like its on fire if I exfoliate too much)

And I use the OCM method one a week.

I also have a pretty balanced diet and I only drink water,green tea or non concentrated fruit juice.
skin2011

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
For oily skin, I used Pevonia oil skin lotion. It feels great on my sensitive skin. Naturally antiseptic and astringent, it delivers Geranium Essential Oil, Aloe, Carotene…at its finest.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I would get rid of the St Ives scrub entirely. The grains aren't round enough and can actually damage and irritate your skin, which can contribute to excess oil production in order to protect itself.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Here is what i would recommend: Niacinamide ingredient in skincare. for now i am using
Niacinamide from Probio Skin Vitamin B, as what it is described:

"Vitamin B Light lotion is perfect for use with skin sensitivities such as dermatitis, lesions, breakout & acne. It helps to regulate oil flow. The combination of lactic acid & Vitamin B supports a hydrated, refined & smooth textured skin. Vitamin B supports the skin & reduces fine lines"

This has Niacinamide [Vitamin B3], it is use to regulate oil on the skin. remember skin requires a balance of water and oil, either one changes will increase the oil production.

My family, and myself has a very good experience with this product. please try it, it will help your oil regulation !!!
it can be use on acne skin !! =D

http://www.probioskin.com/index.html

here is the link to the "beneift of Vitamin B3 in skincare product"

http://www.livestrong.com/article/182201-skin-care-with-niacinamide/
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Retinal A from your doctor really helps dry out your skin and helps get rid of acne fast

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin and the only products i swear by now adays are:
Cetaphils cleanser-www.cetaphil.com.au/Products/OilySkinCleanser.aspx
Clove's Juniperberry face gel-
http://www.cloveskincare.com.au/moisturisers/juniperberrygel

I also use Dr Hauschka's clay mask once a week. Thats all i use and its really helping my skin to 'calm down' and produce less oil. I find that natural products are always better for oily skins. I used to be extremely oily but just wanna let you know that there is hope. I used to think that im oily and theres nothing i can do about it... but the right products does help immensely! Goodluck to you all in finding your HG products!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I use facial treatment essence and facial clear solution by SK-II and it's the only combo i found have worked for my oily skin. price wise though, i think they're pretty similar to Chanel or maybe a bit more expensive depending on which country you're buying it from.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I would get rid of the St Ives scrub entirely. The grains aren't round enough and can actually damage and irritate your skin, which can contribute to excess oil production in order to protect itself.

I agree with this. You can try using a chemical exfoliant (BHA or AHA) instead of a physical exfoliant.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but is the OCM suitable for all skin types?
klimax
5% products discount

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Any other thoughts on this product people?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Once you know better you would not use St. Ives as a facial scrub... maybe other areas of the body - elbows, feet perhaps...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |