Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling done at the local MedSpa
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
My local MedSpa is offering a special for August.

Purchase 4 sessions of dermarolling for $700.

Would you pay that for 4 sessions?

1 session alone is priced at $200.

They use a 1mm BioRoller.

Thoughts?

BFG Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Not sure I would pay that, but it seems like a good deal compared to the place I go to for Botox. It's a LOT cheaper, in fact. And, I'm sure that price includes numbing your face and they would do a really good job of everything to boot.

Do they say how often to space the treatments apart from each other? And, are they pushing any topicals to go w/ the roll?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Not sure I would pay that, but it seems like a good deal compared to the place I go to for Botox. It's a LOT cheaper, in fact. And, I'm sure that price includes numbing your face and they would do a really good job of everything to boot.

Do they say how often to space the treatments apart from each other? And, are they pushing any topicals to go w/ the roll?

not worth it. just go to ebay and purchase you one Smile
I have the .5 on my face and i have some blood areas when i roll aggressively..lol

foxe- i just started using the cp night. i been using the ghk for 2months and im loving the results so far. how much msm do you take and do u take it twiice aday ??

i read that i can take it morning and before 4pm to avoid lack of sleep at night. i usually just take it in the morning once with vitamin and orange juice
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
tasha - I already have a trove of rollers - Laughing This type of service *could* appeal to me - except for the cost. I just hate doing the rolling myself (though I know it would help w/ product penetration &/or collagen improvements).

Nice to hear you're liking the GHK. On the MSM - I only take it once/day (and I know it should be done twice, shame on me Rolling Eyes ). I take 1gr in the AM.

Hadn't heard about the issues w/ sleep - thanks for the tip!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
yes i try to take at least 5grams a day of msm and i read thta msm leaves your body after 12hrs and best to take in the morning and another before 4pm Wink

Yes, GHK is helping my eyes alot!! I also started using Shea Terra Organics Argan oil Green Coffee ...>Read excellent reviews!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
If they totally numb the face thereby making the treatment pain-free and do an intensive treatment, I would try it. Just make sure that the treatment will be intensive though - you don't want to pay that kind of money for a treatment you could do yourself at home.

I've been using a Dermaroller for years now, but I would consider having a professional treatment of my lip lines done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:51 am      Reply with quote
That''s not a bad price, it does depend on how they proceed.

I have a 0.5 which I used for the first time about 2 weeks ago, it was alot more ouchy than I thought!! I went ok on my neck, forehead and sides of my face, but struggled with the middle of my face. I was so red afterwards, I looked like I had very bad sunburn, and my neck was really bad. The redness lasted about a day and a half. I did like it but have been so sick have not been inclined to do it again since. As soon as I am better I will do it at least once a week.

I think I would definitely need numbing cream for a 1.0mm. I have seen it advertised for about $150.00 AU, but willing to give it a go myself to start with.

Let us know if you go ahead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree that if they totally numb your face so they are able to do a really good roll then it would be worth it to me.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
If they totally numb the face thereby making the treatment pain-free and do an intensive treatment, I would try it. Just make sure that the treatment will be intensive though - you don't want to pay that kind of money for a treatment you could do yourself at home.

I've been using a Dermaroller for years now, but I would consider having a professional treatment of my lip lines done.

That's exactly what I would have done - I can NOT stand the pain on my upper lip area and I do have those darn lip lines. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Keliu wrote:

That's exactly what I would have done - I can NOT stand the pain on my upper lip area and I do have those darn lip lines. Confused

There SHOULD be a huge difference between a professional and home treatment. When Dermarolling was first discussed here I think we were all rather horrified at the gruesome photographs of Dermarolling in a doctors office - but the results were impressive. I would be happy to pay for a treatment which delivered those results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines.

I have dermarolled my own face, but I have to say I don't like doing it - the pain, the blood -the uneven impacts of the numbing cream (will it work, will it not this time? LOL)

The thought of leaving all that up to someone else is inviting.

I am going there for a Dysport treatment next week, I plan on getting the brochure and asking lots of questions.

bfg
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Report back what you find out Barefootgirl!!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |