Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Falsies!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I need to get the scoop on some good fake eyelashes! They seem to be all the rage lately and I love the extra drama they add for those special evenings out. For evenings out, I like something bold but not over the top - definitely not the "Just shy of a hooker look".

For "some" day time occasions I wouldn't mind a soft more natural, realistic false lash that adds some volume but not necessarily length.

What types/brands would you recommend? Is it better to purchase a more expensive pair, say from MAC and re-use them several times or just to buy the inexpensive ones from the drugstore and toss them after a use or two? How many wears should you get out of pair of falsies?

I tried a pair for the first time just recently and loved the look. (just a cheap demi pair of Ardells) Surprisingly they weren't too difficult to put on - not exactly a breeze but not too challenging!

Does the frequent use of fake eyelashes give rise to eye problems like eye irritation, infection, etc.

Could frequent use damage your natural lashes?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm totally new to fake lashes. BTW I'm talking about strip lashes here - I am not remotely talented enough to pull off the individual lash application!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
The individual clusters are actually easier to use. You just stick them in amongst your lashes and if they are slightly crooked you won't notice. I can never get the full lash secured totally. One end always pops up and it looks so fake sitting above my lashes instead of "mingling among them."

One trick is to dip the cluster into the glue and blow on it or let it air dry a few seconds so it's tacky. Otherwise if the glue is too wet, it sometimes just falls to the side.

I just ordered Careprost (generic latisse) so I'm hoping my false lash days are over!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I like the look of the NYX false eyelashes.

They have some cool feather eyelashes- but not too sure where most people would wear these too.
Guess I could wear them too a club if some friends are DJ-ing there?
not really a "every day look"

They have a lot of more tame looking lash sets too.

I don't really know what brand is good as I don't bother- my lashes look pretty fake as it is . they are quite long and kind of grow in a odd kind of crossed way.
Actually I get asked a lot of I use eyelash grower and I don't. I just don't wear mascara much as it damages and makes my lashes dry.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |